8 month phone call

rosworms

Mouseketeer
(x-posted to the facebook page)

today is 8 months out exactly, so i should be calling to make sure my pencil in the calender turns into pen for my Escape wedding. someone please give me a quick run through of what will happen during this phone conversation. and how does payment work? will i be giving them my account number over the phone or do i send it in the mail, or what?
thanks to anyone who can calm my nerves before i start dialing.
or maybe i don't call at all? maybe i should just wait until someone e-mails me about it? argh... maybe i will just wait.... i need to go out and pick up sheet music this morning anyways...

I looked back over my notes from my conversations with DFTW about our Escape wedding, and the first call is probably not going to require as much as you would expect. When I made the initial call, they took information about when and where I wanted to get married, and my contact information, and they told me a consultant would call me back in 24-48 hours. That seems to be pretty standard.

When the consultant called me (within the timeframe they gave), we talked about the basics of what I wanted and she sent me a package of information via e-mail. She took the information about the day/time of the ceremony and told me that she needed to check on availability, which she would confirm via e-mail in the next day or two.

This is what was sent in the initial e-mail:

• Guidelines about your Escape Wedding at WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort.
  • Frequently Asked Questions.
  • A Sample Wedding Day Itinerary.
  • Information on obtaining a Florida Marriage License.
  • A list of officiants who have performed weddings WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort. You are welcome to provide your own officiant.
  • A list of outside vendors detailing cosmetology and formal wear.

She got back to me the next day with the confirmation of the ceremony date/time and a list of information she needed to complete the Letter of Agreement. I sent that information back that day, and five days later the LOA arrived via e-mail. It is only when you get the LOA that Disney wants payment of your deposit, and they have a form for you to fill out, sign, and return along with the signed LOA.

I hope that helps -- you should feel free to call now and not worry about the payment or details for a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter