• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8 AM Breakfast Before Park Opening Q's and Poll

Have you done an 8 AM PS before a park opened?

• Yes, I loved it!

• Yes, it was ok.

• Yes, but it wasn't worth it.

• No, but I plan to.

• No, I'm not interested.

Results are only viewable after voting.

JKanownik

<font color=green>Pack up the Tag Fairies in your
With the loss of a few morning EE's during our upcoming trip (during the May 9-22 test) I am investigating doing a few character breakfasts in the parks before they open. Answers to the following questions are appreciated:

1) Will I have trouble getting an 8:00 or 8:10 PS less than 30 days out?

2) With an 8:00 PS will we be done eating (and been visited by all of the characters) by 9:00 when the parks open?

3) Do the fill the restaurants at 8:00 with PS or do they stagger them so that the restaurant gradually fills up?

4) Do they let you into the parks before 8:00 AM so that you can be at the entrance of the restaurant when it opens? If so, how early do they let you in?

Thanks

-DH

1) depends on which restaurant

2) plan on 45-60mins

3) they fill it

4) they let us in at 8 for 8:10 CRT

it was cool walking down empty main st
enjoyed our meal, had plenty of time
did not feel rushed
try one first

If you don't mind getting up early, this is a wonderful thing! We have done it, but not every day and only for MK. We love getting in the park before most other people, walking down mainstreet practically alone is awesome and you can be done eating and hit the parks when it is nearly empty. I love it.

1) Will I have trouble getting an 8:00 or 8:10 PS less than 30 days out? Call now to see. You're not going at a particularly busy time, so possibly.

2) With an 8:00 PS will we be done eating (and been visited by all of the characters) by 9:00 when the parks open? The earliest PS we were able to make at a park restaurant was 8:05am. Buffets will be ready so you could certainly eat fast enough to be done, but the characters are hit or miss sometimes.

3) Do the fill the restaurants at 8:00 with PS or do they stagger them so that the restaurant gradually fills up? Don't know.

4) Do they let you into the parks before 8:00 AM so that you can be at the entrance of the restaurant when it opens? If so, how early do they let you in? We were able to get into both MK and AK at exactly 8am for our 8:05 PS's. It was a very quick jaunt to the restaurants.

For us, it was worth going to the first seating as we really like bkft buffets. If you don't eat much for bkft then it probably isn't cost effective.

If you like, you can try a char meal in a resort and have more time to eat. Chef Mickey's opens at 7am. Probably Cape May and 1900 also open at 7am but I'm not certain.

Thanks for all of the info! I ended up with a 8:00 PS at Breakfastosaurus and a 8:10 PS at CP!

-DH

I have an 8:05 at CP on a Friday booked as of now. I have to see if they continue the "test schedule" of early entry and Extra Magic hours, because that changed Friday from a normal park opening of 9 a.m. to an early entry day. I had read how wonderful it is to walk down Main Street when it's empty, have breakfast and be done in time for park opening. That's what I was aiming for! So I guess I'll just have to wait to see if they continue the test, change it, or revert back to the original schedule :confused3.

I know it makes it hard for you guys who are going so soon and are impacted by the changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter