8:30 Port Arrival Time? (Now w/ Embarrassing Update)

tarheelz

Dole Whip Junkie
Somewhere I had read that an early PAT was something to choose if given the opportunity.

Well, I did that. I nailed down the earliest one I could: 8:30 am. I also took care of check-in online.

Question: If the first families don't embark until Noon, why would I want to hang around the terminal for 3.5 hours? (What was I thinking?)

Question 2: If I've made a mistake with such an early PAT, is it OK if we just sleep-in and show up at 11:00 or so?

Thanks, everyone!!!!!! (We're trying to get on board the Dream on Friday. Unfortunately, there are 8" of snow outside our North Carolina home. Wish us luck.)

Somewhere I had read that an early PAT was something to choose if given the opportunity.

Well, I did that. I nailed down the earliest one I could: 8:30 am. I also took care of check-in online.

Question: If the first families don't embark until Noon, why would I want to hang around the terminal for 3.5 hours? (What was I thinking?)

Question 2: If I've made a mistake with such an early PAT, is it OK if we just sleep-in and show up at 11:00 or so?

Thanks, everyone!!!!!! (We're trying to get on board the Dream on Friday. Unfortunately, there are 8" of snow outside our North Carolina home. Wish us luck.)

Check your account again, it is very unlikely that you have an 830 put arrival time. If you got the earliest one available, that would be more like 1030. Even if for some reason your account says 830, do not show up at 8:30. They won't let you into the port then.

Unless you arrive after 1230, there will be some portion of time where you're sitting and waiting at the terminal. You can use that time to look over the navigator, and get your kids registered for the kids clubs. They're also meet and greets and a beautiful model of the ship that you can look at. Yes, you can arrive after the port arrival time that you selected.

They dont even open the parking garage or let the shuttles in until 10 or 10:30 either... that has to be an error.

Nevermind. It's 10:30!

My daughter was messing with us. (I had printed it out to pack.) She was telling us that we had to get up super early. I'm like, "8:30? Why did I do that?" I then went to the DCL website and I cannot see my check-in information as we're too close to the cruise date.

I'm a sucker. 5th grader got me.

LOL

They dont even open the parking garage or let the shuttles in until 10 or 10:30 either... that has to be an error.

We are arranging our own transportation with UBER from Orlando airport hotel. Our PAT is 11:30 - what time do you suggest we book the Uber for? I was thinking 10ish... We should get at the port at 11 or so, or even before. Would they allow us in with the Uber?

We are arranging our own transportation with UBER from Orlando airport hotel. Our PAT is 11:30 - what time do you suggest we book the Uber for? I was thinking 10ish... We should get at the port at 11 or so, or even before. Would they allow us in with the Uber?

Assuming no issues, it's about a 45 minutes drive. There should be no issues arriving at the Port after 11.

ha ha ha...she'll be teasing you about this for years....it will become a family legend. :)

Wow that's great. She probably wanted to be first on the boat, I don't blame her.

Have fun!

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter