8/16 A Morning at AK, FoP and Navi, no Fast Passes

Can you move around the park? That line is terrifying. Is it out of the way of the rest of the park?

Great advice. Seems as though 75 minutes before EMH opening is enough but you need 90 minutes to get at the front of the pack for 9:00 AM opening.

You did a great job! Sorry to hear about the Neanderthal bullies who shoved you.

Also guests shouldn't make the mistake of using the passholder turnstiles or 40 people will get ahead of you. The AP entrance is to the far right. It needs to be moved to the far left - on the Pandora side!

Disney is doing nothing to control bad behavior. Running - even sprinting - is totally uncontrolled. Dangerous and so unfair. If you walk fast, literally 100 or more people will run past you. The rope only controls the top of the line -- not the hundreds of guests who are packing in behind - and who run from the turnstiles to Tiffins.

If you arrive only an hour before regular opening and are not one of those stupid, selfish, brutish runners, you'll find that the wait may be 90 minutes when you pass into the actual queue (after winding halfway down the long path to Africa and back).

Line jumping is a huge problem along the length of the queue - inspired by the mob mentality that takes over. Cast members are not controlling this.

Rope dropping FOP stinks - and much of it could be avoided with the assignment of many more CMs to control the running and line jumping. Instead, CMs are seeing their hours cut.

FOP is a heck of a ride - but not worth this Klingon pain stick initiation ritual. And most certainly don't forego FP because you want to see the standby queue. Get FP and see the standby queue next year when sanity and good manners finally come to Pandora. It'll happen.

Last edited:

We'll have a stroller and aiming for a 7:15 arrival. I'm thinking of sending DH and our 9 year old through the no bag line and then I'll catch up with them after going through security. We will have 2 cinch sack bags that need to be searched, cooler bag that holds our water bottles, and my tiny cross body bag that holds ID and my cellphone. Is that bad to send the 2 of them ahead?

Also, where is the stroller parking near FOP? My younger son is tall enough to ride so we wont be using child swap.

Great advice. Seems as though 75 minutes before EMH opening is enough but you need 90 minutes to get at the front of the pack for 9:00 AM opening.

You did a great job! Sorry to hear about the Neanderthal bullies who shoved you.

Also guests shouldn't make the mistake of using the passholder turnstiles or 40 people will get ahead of you. The AP entrance is to the far right. It needs to be moved to the far left - on the Pandora side!

Disney is doing nothing to control bad behavior. Running - even sprinting - is totally uncontrolled. Dangerous and so unfair. If you walk fast, literally 100 or more people will run past you. The rope only controls the top of the line -- not the hundreds of guests who are packing in behind - and who run from the turnstiles to Tiffins.

If you arrive only an hour before regular opening and are not one of those stupid, selfish, brutish runners, you'll find that the wait may be 90 minutes when you pass into the actual queue (after winding halfway down the long path to Africa and back).

Line jumping is a huge problem along the length of the queue - inspired by the mob mentality that takes over. Cast members are not controlling this.

Rope dropping FOP stinks - and much of it could be avoided with the assignment of many more CMs to control the running and line jumping. Instead, CMs are seeing their hours cut.

FOP is a heck of a ride - but not worth this Klingon pain stick initiation ritual. And most certainly don't forego FP because you want to see the standby queue. Get FP and see the standby queue next year when sanity and good manners finally come to Pandora. It'll happen.

I have to say it wasn't that bad up front. A few kids tried to sprint ahead but were stopped. It didn't get unnerving until I was in the actual queue.

However, can't speak for the back of the line :crowded::crowded:

Last edited:
I have to say it wasn't that bad up front. A few kids tried to sprint ahead but were stopped. It didn't get unnerving until I was in the actual queue.

However, can't speak for the back of the line :crowded::crowded:

The back of the line isn't as bad - though it will mean a 120 minute wait time from the actual queue entrance. The madness happens in between. And you might think it looks pretty good when you join the line at the turnstiles. Maybe there are only ten people in front of you. But you have to multiply that by a dozen or more turnstiles. (All of whom will be ahead of you if you use the pass holder entrance.). And it's the ten people BEHIND you that will be the problem (multiplied by 12 or 15 turnstiles) - because they will run by you and line jump you. The rope drop run brings out the primal worst in people.

As you said, don't commit halfway. Arrive 95 or more minutes before a 9:00 opening. Two hours before for holiday crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter