7DMT at 60+1

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
So my kids want to switch up our tried and true MK RD plan of going to BTMR and Splash first thing. They now want to hit Fantasyland first (I'm not good with them being old enough to have possibly valid opinions - when did that happen?!). But that means trying to get a morning 7DMT FP before a BTMR FP on 60+1. We're a party of 5, but I can split us up. This isn't my first priority - I'll be booking SDD and FOP first. This will be #3 in the queue of my FP morning. Anyone get morning 7DMT that early in their trip recently? Any info is greatly appreciated.

So my kids want to switch up our tried and true MK RD plan of going to BTMR and Splash first thing. They now want to hit Fantasyland first (I'm not good with them being old enough to have possibly valid opinions - when did that happen?!). But that means trying to get a morning 7DMT FP before a BTMR FP on 60+1. We're a party of 5, but I can split us up. This isn't my first priority - I'll be booking SDD and FOP first. This will be #3 in the queue of my FP morning. Anyone get morning 7DMT that early in their trip recently? Any info is greatly appreciated.

if I could remember the posts, I would link you to them. I have seen a few DISers who have been lucky with 7DMT that early. I even saw a 60 +0 once...late morning!

Hi, I just booked our FPs. I did FOP then SD then I did SDMT and got SDMT at 12:10am on 60 +1 and at 10:50 at 60 +2. Those were the earliest I could find.

I will say that I was only able to get FOP at 3:45pm which I did not like, I've been looking daily and was able to finally move it earlier in the day. So even if you don't get the perfect time I would keep checking back.

I just booked our fastpasses this week and there were tons of 7DMT available. I even moved ours around the next day and there was still plenty of availability. Sometimes, you just have to keep checking for new times to pop up, which they often do. You should not have any problem with BTMR fastpasses either.

I booked FOP first and was able to get a morning time that I liked. SDD was second. I didn't like the initial time that I booked, but kept checking and was able to get an earlier time. I also found that different times appeared on my phone app than what I was getting on my computer, so I used both to create a schedule that I liked. Good luck!

Probably depends on your dates. We could not get 7DMT at ALL at 60+3 during our trip this past November (last week of Nov., medium crowds).

I did read somewhere (here or another board) that Disney is now cracking down on folks that make reservations get to the 60 day mark book FP+'s and then cancel the resort reservation by cancelling their FP+'s. Honestly I did not even know this was a thing. I wonder if that policy will have any effect of booking FP+'s into the future? We will be booking out Fast Passes March 19 at our 60 day mark and we always go to MK on the first day so that will be 60+1 for us. I usually get SDMT but it is always later than I like. Of course it is only the two of us. I definitly will be looking for FOP and SDD first but usually the wife and I are both online trying to book so maybe we can get them all at the times we want. I have been constantly monitoring FP's since we have AP's so I look 30 days out all the time to see what is available. Consistantly FOP, SDMT, and SDD are the only ones not available at 30 days. Everything else is there just some of the popular ones may not be available till afternoon but they are usually there.

Hope you find what your looking for!

We did MK on our 60+1 day in November and I believe our SDMT FP was for 1:20pm that day.

I also tried moving it up after our second FP that day with no success.

I also needed to make 7DMT on 60+1 and had the same priority list as you (made it 3rd after FOP & SDD) - the earliest I could get it was 12:15pm for a party of three. My day is 3/9 though, a Saturday at the start of the spring break season so it's possible that effected it but I really had no other problems getting any fastpasses.

Depends on when you are going and you might need to be open to getting an afternoon FP. I was able to get 7DMT on day 1 of our upcoming trip at 230pm (I didn't try for morning) after booking FOP twice and SDD once.

I’m going on March 16-22 and we always do MK the first and last day. I have BOG lunch reservations both days, so planned to be in fantasyland midday. We are a family of 5 and got 7DMT FP’s both days during the 11 am hour. Could have even done earlier.

I’m going on March 16-22 and we always do MK the first and last day. I have BOG lunch reservations both days, so planned to be in fantasyland midday. We are a family of 5 and got 7DMT FP’s both days during the 11 am hour. Could have even done earlier.

That is what I'm hoping for - 11 am would work very well. We're going the first week of May and my FP window opens in two weeks. I'll do a TP assuming I can get it in the morning and one in case it's only available in the afternoon (and the kids will have to RD Frontierland …. again … the horror … :rotfl2:)

Thanks everyone!

I have had mixed results recently. MK is always our first park so I’m always looking for SDMT at 60+1 (and usually again later in the trip.)

In early May 2018, we got SDMT for 60+1 at 12:00. 11:00 times were available but they didn’t work with our schedule.

For 1/4/19, SDMT was the first FP I booked at 60+1. The earliest I could get was around 5:00pm. But ... people were still finishing their holiday trips so I’m wondering if that played a part.

I hope you have my May results for your May trip :)

Good luck!!

I have had mixed results recently. MK is always our first park so I’m always looking for SDMT at 60+1 (and usually again later in the trip.)

In early May 2018, we got SDMT for 60+1 at 12:00. 11:00 times were available but they didn’t work with our schedule.

For 1/4/19, SDMT was the first FP I booked at 60+1. The earliest I could get was around 5:00pm. But ... people were still finishing their holiday trips so I’m wondering if that played a part.

I hope you have my May results for your May trip :)

Good luck!!

Thanks. I tried last year to get a morning 7DMT on our 60+1 in May and was surprised that the earliest was about 1 pm. But maybe I'll have a little bit better luck this year.

This may be a silly question but what does 60+1 and 60+2 mean? I am going for 5 nights in May. Do I have to go online and book FP each day for the trip or just 60 days before the trip and I can book the entire 5 days at that one time?

I got a 60+1 for 2:10 and there were late morning times available when I got that one. I have a group of three and we arrive 3-23.

This may be a silly question but what does 60+1 and 60+2 mean? I am going for 5 nights in May. Do I have to go online and book FP each day for the trip or just 60 days before the trip and I can book the entire 5 days at that one time?

Those are the days in the FP system that your park visits fall on. For example, I'm going to be in Disney for 5 days starting June 2nd. When I go to book my FP ressies in April....my first day will actually be 60+0....that's the day your FP opens. That day will be our AK day. Next day is MK...that is 60+1, EPCOT will be 60+2, and MK will either be 60+3 or 60+4. 7DMT will determine that 2nd day in MK. I have one day set aside for Disney Springs too. You go online at your 60 day window and book all the days you have available on your tickets. And you don't count the nights.....count your days. I'll be in Disney for 5 days and 4 nights. Your FP ressies go from check in day to check out day.

It seems like a lot of DISers don't actually book FPs on their 60 day window. Most seem to start at 60+1. Since I'm traveling on our first park day, I don't want to lose that time in the parks so that's why I picked AK where I'm okay doing just a half day. We live in FL and it only takes about 6 1/2 hours to get to Disney from where we live. We lose an hour, but I've factored that in for when I make FP ressies. We won't be going into AK till around 12:30. I'll make our first FP at 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter