70th Birthday Meal ideas? Cafe Mickey?

sleepysox

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We're off to Disney for my mother in laws 70th birthday in Sept. (DH and I plus DS were due to be going in Sep to the DLH as a really special treat, but then my inlaws said they'd like to treat us and go as a family for my mum in laws birthday to the HNY!).

Anways, I'd like to do something special for her birthday- like order a cake in a restaurant, but I know she'd appreciate the characters making a big fuss of her.

Is Cafe Mickey suitable do you think? I'm a bit worried it may be a bit too loud and full of children running around. I'm in a quandry as to what to do. I know she'd prefer an evening meal, so the birthday tea in Plaza gardens is out, but I'm not sure what else to do. I want it to be a day to remember for her.

Has anyone here got any ideas?

Any help greatly appreciated. I actually couldn't sleep last night pondering what to do, because I really want it to be perfect!

Hope someone can help,

Sleepy :goodvibes

Whilst Cafe Mickey can be quite busy, I think it might be a good option for a birthday meal! Whilst we went at lunch time, it was still quite busy, but well managed. The food was really good and it was lovely as we had all the characters making a fuss over us, even as a party of grown ups!

Have you read the Cafe Mickey reviews thread? It's in the Restuarant sticky at the top of the forum.... It's got a lot of good reviews that might help you decide! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

How about Auberge de Cendrillon?! It's a lovely restaurant, nice food and relatively quiet. The music isn't loud, you can have nice conversation with someone. At the moment they offer lunch with the princesses but nothing is mentioned at dinner time. I'd assume it'll be quieter and fewer little ones...

Look at the reviews, we liked it when we went there...

You could also try looking into Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel.

It's a buffet style meal with Disney characters, but from what I gather it's a very good one. Plus, I believe it's also got good views of the park from the restaurant.

I'm not sure how busy or noisy it is, but I'm sure somebody who's been there could comment on that if need be.

We went to Inventions at Easter for the first time and loved it. The food was lovely with so much choice.
We booked for 6.00 when it opened and it was reasonably quiet but it did get busier later on.

I think she'd like Inventions too. Don't get me wrong, I love Cafe Mickey but Inventions is less in your face and a quieter atmosphere.

We've gone at 6 o'clock both times we've been and you've virtually got the restaurant (and the characters :thumbsup2 ) to yourselves! :wizard:

we went to cafe mickey for the first time on tuesday @ 6pm for my DBF 30th birthday, i have to say it wanst too busy got lots of character interaction and they made a real effort with my other halfs mum! she felt very special :goodvibes . it is a little in your face but the characters dnacing and signing round my other half was something i will never forget :rotfl2: :rotfl2:. i will post some photos later...

Thanks for all your ideas. I think I am veering towards Cafe Mickey atm, although this may change. We have been to Inventions before with my inlaws and loved it, but I thought something different might be good. There are some good reviews on Cafe M, but some negative ones- when people were seated in a corner, so missed the character interaction or when it was too busy.

I also think I'll investigate Auberge de Cendrillon too.
Would it be too girly for my son?
He's 3 and loves the princesses, but I'm worried he might be the only boy there!
Has anyone taken their son there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter