70 to Freezing in 7 hours. A Nov/Dec 2011 trip report. Updated 4/28

Beauty and the Beast is Amazing this week. The reaction has been fab and it's just really exciting in general. I almost feel like I'm in Disneyland :rotfl: The show is almost entirely sold out as well only limited seating left for Saturday night. We're half way there now as well only 3 more shows to go :(
Wednesday was my birthday though and family aren't really talking so pretty much did nothing for my birthday then I went to the musical and well it was mine and another girls birthday so when everyone in chorus was ready next thing they all singing happy birthday at us and this came out:
734415_10152213995937662_1462462453_n_zps377d1d18.jpg

Belle is even on the cake :goodvibes (I may have rescued her off the cake)
We had a little Disney sing song backstage before going on stage that night as well. So much fun :)

Wow. I missed your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was really great! :wizard:

Show is all over :( but OMG what a fantastic week and the last day although I was both sick and hugely emotional was just brilliant. The matinee during the day with all the little kids and so many little girls dressed up as Belle or other princesses with their little tiaras on and the entire cast went outside after for a meet and greet with them so adorable. Then the last show last night was just hugely emotional from the pep talk onwards. I cried 3 times during the show and then a few more times afterwards big baby :rotfl: I wouldn't mind so much except the movie doesn't make me cry at all :rotfl:

Today is a little like coming home from Disney World so depressed :( plus I have no voice so feeling extra sorry for myself :rotfl:

Show is all over :( but OMG what a fantastic week and the last day although I was both sick and hugely emotional was just brilliant. The matinee during the day with all the little kids and so many little girls dressed up as Belle or other princesses with their little tiaras on and the entire cast went outside after for a meet and greet with them so adorable. Then the last show last night was just hugely emotional from the pep talk onwards. I cried 3 times during the show and then a few more times afterwards big baby :rotfl: I wouldn't mind so much except the movie doesn't make me cry at all :rotfl:

Today is a little like coming home from Disney World so depressed :( plus I have no voice so feeling extra sorry for myself :rotfl:

From what I could see on FB, it looks like it was a very well done production and it looks like you all had a great time with it. I'm sorry it is over, but I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience it!

From what I could see on FB, it looks like it was a very well done production and it looks like you all had a great time with it. I'm sorry it is over, but I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience it!

OMG it was absolutely amazing. Two weeks ago it seemed chaotic and like it would never be right for opening night but it just all seemed to happen on opening night and it was the first time ever the societies show has been sold out for opening night and it was sold out for the entire week. They put in extra seats and they sold out as well. The reaction was just amazing from the public as well. Most of the cast were lovely as well and there was no divide between leads and chorus or crew. Everyone just got on and had fun together. Fantastic week and then the fact it was Disney and my birthday in the middle of the week as well just made it extra magical. I'm still crying like a baby over it all :lmao:

While I'm on the Beauty and the Beast theme it's about time I put up another update:

Day 5, part 3:

So when I left you we were wandering around Disney Village. We started to head towards our next destination which was the Disneyland hotel.
SAM_4909_zpsb408c1d8.jpg

SAM_4910_zpsde0b3b68.jpg

The Disneyland Hotel is Paris’s version of the Grand Floridian. I took some photos inside while we were waiting for the Decent of the stairs:
SAM_4911_zps0f2d22cc.jpg

SAM_4914_zpsdfcb3035.jpg

The House of Goodies:
SAM_4916_zpsbed0ddf1.jpg

SAM_4917_zps63d77779.jpg

SAM_4919_zpse19d524c.jpg

SAM_4924_zps6649b4bf.jpg

SAM_4932_zps965bf022.jpg

SAM_4964_zpsee0b722b.jpg

The Decent of the stairs started then. For this various characters come out and do a little show before signing autographs and taking pictures. This day was also the opening of the house of goodies for the Christmas season so there was a lot of press photographers there.
So first these came out:
SAM_4934_zpse0dc7314.jpg

Shortly followed by these three:
SAM_4936_zps9a067278.jpg

And then big surprise for everyone the Beast arrived:
SAM_4939_zps88c86063.jpg

SAM_4940_zps40cfcebb.jpg

SAM_4941_zps978f58d8.jpg

If all those characters weren’t enough Goofy popped along with a rose and book for Beauty and the Beast:
SAM_4944_zpscff0f88b.jpg

After their little show they all came down the stairs and headed over towards the house of goodies for the official opening:
SAM_4946_zps8bb800d9.jpg

Mickey was giving out to Goofy because Goofy was letting on he was going to eat the house of goodies because he was hungry:
SAM_4948_zps3fcb26f1.jpg

Then he started dancing with Minnie:
SAM_4951_zpscd65e014.jpg

The opening basically just involved turning on the little train that ran around the house.
Once they did that the characters all went out for a meet and greet:
SAM_4952_zps7f73b5aa.jpg

I got pictures with most of them. I missed Belle and the Beast and Daisy but got the rest.
SAM_4953_zps1b6b96ca.jpg

SAM_4955_zps617727ac.jpg

SAM_4958_zps0d74de75.jpg

Mickey Mouse was the best though. Again here some people had the manners to queue up and wait their turn others didn’t believe they had to queue so just shoved their kids up to the front or themselves whenever it suited them. So Mickey Mouse had organised a queue himself because the CM’s didn’t bother. He pointed out where he wanted people to stand and then he stood at one side of the tree for the photo. I got to the top of the line and was next for a photo and some woman and her husband/boyfriend came up and tried to skip the queue well Mr. Mouse would not let them. He put his hand out to stop them and pointed them to the back of the queue. Then the CM told him it was time to go in and he pointed at the rest of the queue as if to say he wasn’t going in until he met all those people. He stayed there for the rest of the queue along with a few more little girls dressed as princesses that came up after. He was the best Mickey Mouse I had seen in the whole trip probably like in any trip I’ve been to Disney.

Next up: One last run around Disney Village.

That looks awesome. I love the costumes and this sounds like such a fun event. of course queuing would be better and more organized and glad to see the Mouse in Charge ....too charge!

I'm glad that Mickey took care of things and restored order. :rotfl2:

I'm guessing he wasn't a French mouse? :confused3 :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

That looks awesome. I love the costumes and this sounds like such a fun event. of course queuing would be better and more organized and glad to see the Mouse in Charge ....too charge!
It was a fun event. I loved the little Christmas themed outfits.

I'm glad that Mickey took care of things and restored order. :rotfl2:
It's about time someone did :rotfl:

I'm guessing he wasn't a French mouse? :confused3 :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:
I never even thought of that :rotfl:

Eugh music depression. Have to go back to work today so no more music :( My one consolation I found these in one of the local supermarkets:

110420131070_zps839e794f.jpg

110420131071_zpsdf301979.jpg

granted they are about a quarter of the size of the ones in the parks but MICKEY BARS!!!

Those of you who are a million times more creative than I am. Going to a fancy dress event in a few months with a theme of "Face the music" funny enough it's with a load of musical societies. Anyway costume ideas for "face the music" theme anyone?

Day 5, part 4:

So when I left you we were at the Disneyland Hotel for the opening of the House of Goodies. Here's the ingredients in case anyone wants to make their own lol:

Belle's Book and the Beast's Rose:

We left the Disneyland Hotel admiring the scenery on the way:

and we headed for the Disney Village one more time:

We stopped at World of Disney to admire the far side of it. I took more pics of the carvings on the wall:

Lookie there's the Studios water tower:

and to give you an idea of just how close everything is in Paris. There's Minnie outside World of Disney but if you look in the window you can see the reflection of the studios water tower:

I went in to get another pin and spotted this cute magnet as well:

The Disney store was open now so we went over to see if I could find the rude CM and Momma wanted glasses as well. I took pictures of the ceiling decorations and some of the merchandise in between trading the last pins I had:

Momma then decided she wanted food before we went to the airport. About the same time it started raining really heavy with thunder and lightening so we made a dash to McDonalds and got soaked on the way. We couldn't really complain though because we had four and a half completey dry days which was very lucky. It was cold but dry. We both got happy meals in McDonalds very exciting:

When we came out it was dark and the trees were lit up:

We stopped to pick up a merange each before we said goodbye to the Disney Village:

and went back to our hotel to pack away everything we had bought:

Once I had packed everything away I left Momma to mind the cases while I went wandering around the lobby taking pictures:

The not so exciting children's play area in the lobby:

It's huge I know!!!

Next up: Farewell Disneyland

We are back from Florida and I'm playing catch up again.

What a lovely birthday cake...how very sweet.

I'm glad the show was a success.

Love the photos of the hotel...very pretty. And glad you got to meet most of the characters.

Was in HHI last week so I'm not completely caught up but just want to say that the DL hotel looks beautiful - especially decorated for Christmas.

Nothing wrong with a MCD's happy meal. Sometimes it just hits the spot! :thumbsup2

We must have been ninja posting. Love the shopping pictures.

And McDonalds always hits the spot when hungry and on the run.

We are back from Florida and I'm playing catch up again.

What a lovely birthday cake...how very sweet.

I'm glad the show was a success.
Hope you enjoyed Florida. I loved my birthday cake :) and the show was just amazing.

Love the photos of the hotel...very pretty. And glad you got to meet most of the characters.
the hotel was pretty. I prob would have got to more characters if i knew they were going to do the meet after the opening

Was in HHI last week so I'm not completely caught up but just want to say that the DL hotel looks beautiful - especially decorated for Christmas.
It was very pretty.

Nothing wrong with a MCD's happy meal. Sometimes it just hits the spot! :thumbsup2

We must have been ninja posting. Love the shopping pictures.

And McDonalds always hits the spot when hungry and on the run.
We were still kinda full from cafe mickey's so the happy meal was enough for us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter