70 days til Tokyo and I know nothing!

kcsunshine73

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, been a while since I've been on here, but thought you might be able to give me some Tokyo tips!
Four of us going (kids = 12 and 8 by then) and husband and me.
Going on a business trip but have three days to our selves at the beginning and a day at the end ... :banana:
What advice would anyone offer, please. And I do know nothing much at all yet only trip reports I've read by others.
:dance3:
We are staying in a Bay hotel for first few days before we are in the hands of our hosts ... :cloud9:

I visited Japan back in 2006 and decided to hit up Tokyo Disney Sea on the first day as a way of avoiding culture shock. I would recommend the second day to just walk around Kyoto and see some shrines. Other than Hiroshima (which is very far away), Kyoto was my most memorable day there.

Thanks for that - I think our hosts will cover Mount Fuji so am looking for Disney advice and tips as well as what to do in Kyoto. :scared1:

Are you going to Kyoto? it's a three hour train from Tokyo!

As far as Disney goes, from my understanding go midweek, preferably Tue/Wed/Thursday - make sure you are there at least thirty minutes before opening and when it opens run with the masses to gain your chosen fast passes. This is my plan!!

When you say 70 days you mean the first few days of April right? It may be quite crowded those days so it would be good to come an hour early and use FP to your advantage. Since you are with the children I suggest either you or your husband gather the tickets and run to get the first FP's and then meet at a decided location. It is about 2 weeks before the Anniversary so you might catch a preview for the new parade if you are lucky at Disneyland. At DisneySea the Spring Voyage event will be in full swing which will push up the attraction wait times at the front of the park especially at Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror because the main show Easter in NY is in Waterfront Park. What kind of questions do you have about TDR? More than likely my son and I will probably be around during that week because it's right before school starts.

Are you going to Kyoto? it's a three hour train from Tokyo!

As far as Disney goes, from my understanding go midweek, preferably Tue/Wed/Thursday - make sure you are there at least thirty minutes before opening and when it opens run with the masses to gain your chosen fast passes. This is my plan!!

Tokyo to Kyoto is not a three hour train ride if you take the Shinkansen express train. More like 2 hours.

I have been to Tokyo and the Tokyo Disneyland Resort twice, about to go for a third time in April.

Tokyo wise since you don't have much time I would avoid going on long trips and tour the city. Odaiba is a nice little tourist area with Sega Joypolis, Ferris Wheel etc. Shinjuku and Shibuya are typical Tokyo cities and great to visit at night. Akihabra aka Electronic Town is great if you are interested in electronics.

Tokyo Disneyland, I usually stay for 3 days one for Disneyland, one for Disney Sea, and the last to park hop. Keep in mind that you can only park hop after the 2nd day.

Pooh Hunny Hunt is worth the admission to Disneyland alone, but I also like their take on Space Mountain, Big Thunder, and Splash Mountain.

Tokyo Disney Sea. I usually make a right toward Mysterious Island and head to Journey to the Center of the Earth. Get a Fastpass for it, then get in the Stand By Line, then ride 20k Leagues Under the Sea, then use FP for JTTCE. Then do go around the park counter clock wise. Mermaid Lagoon, Arabian Nights, Indy area, Future area, and end with New York area with Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror.

I highly recommend that you see the shows (al of them are awesome. The Japanese LOVE THEM!) and try all the different flavors of popcorn. If you buy the souveneir bucket you get a discount on refills.
Also, make sure you are on time for your Fastpass return time. They are strict with this.

Brian

I agree with Brian about Pooh's Hunny Hunt!! It is very easy taking the train in and out of Tokyo, and the bus system to and from the airport is the best. Have a great time. The stores on Main Street with candies, snacks etc. are quite amazing and get really really busy in the later part of the day with everyone buying their "omiyage" gifts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter