7 Stitches, Now 7 Years Later – We’ve Come A Long Way Baybee!

Oh no! What a sad start for a Disney Planner! :sad1: Seriously, you made it to your destination all in one piece and you are at DISNEY! So all is right with the World!:dance3: I hope everything goes well from here on out!popcorn::

Oh no! That is not a good way to start a trip! Hope it gets better from here!

Jill in CO

It does, but there are still a few bumps to come.

Aw, don't beat yourself too bad.
In always say, plan and God laughs.
Good to see you back.

Thanks!!

Oh no! What a sad start for a Disney Planner! :sad1: Seriously, you made it to your destination all in one piece and you are at DISNEY! So all is right with the World!:dance3: I hope everything goes well from here on out!popcorn::

Stay tuned!!!:thumbsup2

Ok, so where was I? Oh yes, cone of shame....

We are 5 hours behind schedule. So what does that mean? First off, it meant that we missed our first FP+'s at Epcot. I wasn't entirely sure that we were going to use them in the first place. I had intended to leave arrival day sort of loose. We could go to Epcot, or we could go explore AoA. Well, none of that was going to happen now. As it was, we would have enough time to check-in and then regroup in time to make our first ADR at 'Ohana. As delighted as I was that we were going to be able to make our ADR, I would have much preferred that we could have changed out of our travel clothes first. But I am getting ahead of myself a bit.

As you may remember, there were some old pics from our first Christmas trip that I wanted to try to recreate. Some of those pics were from the very first night of that trip. With things happening the way they were, that wasn't very likely to happen. Also because Wall-e was already starting to show signs of illness, more on that to come.

However, we were able to recreate one of the photos that I had planned for arrival day.

Exhibit A 2006:

And 2013:

So, having arrived at Pop, we went to our room which overlooked the Hippy Dippy, and dumped some of our carry-ons. Here is what awaited us:

We headed down to Everything Pop:

We then boarded the bus to MK, and were off to 'Ohana. We actually checked in a bit early, which I shouldn't have done if we wanted to see Wishes from the the restaurant, but we were pretty wiped out so it was just as well. We waited a very short time in the lounge area. In fact, I headed over to the dump shop to buy a bottle of water to use in my cpap machine, and by the time I came back the buzzer was going off.

See how tired Wall-e already looks in this picture. He's drinking hot tea btw, which is a sure sign that he doesn't feel well:

Poor kiddo was sickly for much of the trip.

More Ohana:

The runner came over with a skewer of shrimp, and said "You want 10, right?!" I laughed and said yes, thinking that he was kidding. He wasn't!:crazy:

I ate a lot of shrimp that night. :cloud9:

Minnie got up and helped the little kids in the coconut races, but Wall-e just stayed quietly in his seat, poor guy. It was a great meal as usual, but it was time to call it a night. Had things gone better, we would have headed over to the GF for more picture recreating, but it was not to be. We hit the monorail back to MK, and were on a Pop bus in short order.

Side note: we had great bus service up until the last couple of days. Otherwise we hardly waited at all for buses, and we got to ride on a couple of the news ones too.

Back in our room and the day washed off of us, we settled in for our first Disney sleep...

What is it with the Dis eating posts?:confused3

Anyway, Steph, I clicked on the TR thread by chance tonight and there you were, right on top. I had no idea, but so happy to have found it! I remember your last trip (really, that long ago?) and looking forward to this one.

Everyone, Steph made my avatar :lovestruc

We have something else in common, my son is in the military too, a captain in the Air Force in frozen Montana, LOL.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Marita

Sorry I missed the start of this. I'm way behind everywhere with work, no internet for a few days, etc.

Not a good start to the trip, I see. :( Sorry you didn't get to Epoct, but glad that you didn't miss your ADR.

Sorry Wall-E wasn't feeling well. Never fun to be sick on vacation.

No worries, I have been sick and then the rest of the family fell like dominoes. Haven't had a chance to update, but will soon! Thanks for hanging in there!
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter