7 Night British Isles Sept 2, 2018

Hi everyone, just checking in. Im not on this cruise but I live in one of your port destinations, Dublin and I know another post Cork very well as some of my family live there. I am the resident helper on the British Isles Cruise Meet Threads :)

We are booked on this cruise too! Myself, my husband and my daughter who will be 12, nearly 13, on the cruise. We have been to Europe before but not the UK.

We're in as well. DH and I will spend a week in London pre-cruise. First time in UK for both of us. My eighth Disney cruise but first time on the Magic. I have already started my binder of info! looking forward to talking with y'all over the next 18 months.

We're in as well. DH and I will spend a week in London pre-cruise. First time in UK for both of us. My eighth Disney cruise but first time on the Magic. I have already started my binder of info! looking forward to talking with y'all over the next 18 months.
Binder! That is a good idea. I am having a hard time finding out which hotels are designated Disney hotels for pre cruise stay. I'm trying to get an idea on room costs to see how many days pre cruise we can stay. My TA says its too early for rates for our cruise but she didn't provide this years rates or locations. She also could not confirm yet if I must go through DCL to book a room to get port transfers..This is my first info quest.

Binder! That is a good idea. I am having a hard time finding out which hotels are designated Disney hotels for pre cruise stay. I'm trying to get an idea on room costs to see how many days pre cruise we can stay. My TA says its too early for rates for our cruise but she didn't provide this years rates or locations. She also could not confirm yet if I must go through DCL to book a room to get port transfers..This is my first info quest.

You may not need to use one of their hotels, but if you dont, it would be up to you to get to the hotel or meeting place for the transfer to the port. I am not 100% on that though.
We are staying on Marriott points, so we are thinking about taking the train on our own from St. Pancras Station to Dover.

It is very easy to do the train as long as you can wheel your own luggage.We will be going from Waterloo station to Dover.

Calling on some British expertise...how close is Southampton to Dover, London, or GLadwick? We have friends that live there and may try to see them pre-cruise.

Calling on some British expertise...how close is Southampton to Dover, London, or GLadwick? We have friends that live there and may try to see them pre-cruise.

It depends on whether you have a car or not, or if your friends have a car. The direct train from London to Dover is from Kings Cross St Pancras and takes 2 hrs 25 minutes on the slow train or 1h on the fast train.

I dont think there is a direct train from Dover to Southampton. Why not go to Google Maps and check the distances and proximity yourself :)

It depends on whether you have a car or not, or if your friends have a car. The direct train from London to Dover is from Kings Cross St Pancras and takes 2 hrs 25 minutes on the slow train or 1h on the fast train.

I dont think there is a direct train from Dover to Southampton. Why not go to Google Maps and check the distances and proximity yourself :)
Will have my husband try to hunt the town down. Google maps gives me motion sickness. I just thought the town sounded familiar.

Our cruising party includes my DH and I, my mom and my sister and brother-in-law. It will be our 3rd cruise on the Magic. We were on the Baltic cruise last summer. First Disney cruise for my mom and sis/BIL. I have been to London, Dover, Cork and Dublin with music groups as has my mom. DH has been to Scotland.

We will spend 2-3 days in London pre-cruise. I would love to go to Stonehenge if anyone has advice on getting there. Or an affordable place to stay in London that is walking/tube distance to central sites.

Looking forward to conversing with you on this board!

Our cruising party includes my DH and I, my

We will spend 2-3 days in London pre-cruise. I would love to go to Stonehenge if anyone has advice on getting there. Or an affordable place to stay in London that is walking/tube distance to central sites.

There are many reasonably priced tours to Stonehenge from London on Viator. :)

We booked this just after it opened up, along with our friends who also booked a cabin. They have been on 3 Disney cruises, all on the Wonder, so they are excited to be sailing on the Magic. We first sailed on the Magic in 2000, and have sailed both the Magic and Wonder since then.

We are really excited about the itinerary. It's hard to find this kind of itinerary on any cruise line, and the prices for this one seemed OK to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter