7 mos window question.

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
Despite being at this DVC thing for a long time I still need things explained to me once in awhile. Here's what I'm wondering about... I will use my Boardwalk points to book the first few days of my BWV vacation. When the 7 month window opens, I will use my Beach Club Points to book the remaining days of my Boardwalk Villa vacation. My question is, when can I actually book the second part of that vacation? Will it be 7 months from the day the entire vacation starts or 7 months from the day I'm going to use the Beach Club points? I know I've made this more confusing than it needs to be. It's what I do.

Under old reservation systems, you could not use those BCV points until 7 months out from the first day you wanted to add on with one exception: if those days you already have for BWV could be reserved again at 7 months out because they are still open to others despite your existing reservation, then you could modify your original reservation at 7 months out from the original first day and add the additonal days (as long as the entire reservation did not exceed 7 nights).

What I do not know is precisely how the new online system will treat that transaction. You can now modify reservations online. If it follows the old rule above, then you may be able to go online and modify the reservation at 7 months out from your original start date if BWV is still indiependently open for the days you already have. Moreover, I am not sure what that new system will do if you go online at 7 months out from your original reservation start date and try to modify to add nights even if the days you already have with BWV points are not independently still open. In other words, you might want to try to make the modification online at 7 months out from your orginal start date and see if the system will allow the change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!