6am opening??

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
My friend just tagged me in a post about the openings for all the parks i thought it was just for SWGE. The article says all parks ?

MK and DAK have daily 7am-8am EMHs with 8am park opening 8/29-11/2.

DHS opens at 6am 8/29-8/31. From 9/1-11/2 it has daily 6am-9am EMHs with 9am park opening.

Thank you. While I knew MGM has a 6 am opening in September while I am there, I didn't realize that actual park opening time will be 9:00 am. I'll be staying at GFVs but also booked an extra room during that time at BWVs so I can walk over to MGM and be at RD by 4:30 am.

Anyway, I didn't realize that I won't be able to make FPs for the first three hours. I will have to think about how this will work. Maybe after SW do TSM (don't need to do SDD) and head to ToT? We don't want to do RnR.

Thank you.

I think they are expecting huge crowds during that time. It will be interesting to see if this happens or not. So far DL doesn't sound like its packed except at SWGE, but WDW has an entirely different population with fewer locals making up the majoritiy of the crowd.
Not sure if I'm excited about the parks opening that early or not. The extra time will be nice, but I'm afraid if you don't get there early (within an hour of EMH start time ), the parks may be packed.

So I'm going to admit that I kind of want to go not to see SWGE, but just to see what can be done at 6 or 7am and how crowded will it be? Like, can I get all the mountains and 7DMT done in a hour if I show up at 7(I know splash takes 20 minutes but you get my point)?

As a morning person, I personally think it's going to be a 60'ish day period with great touring opportunities at the three parks in question. Early/extended hours are a huge influence in spreading crowds around. I'm sure it'll be bumpy around SWGE opening, but once we settle into Sept you have to think there will be some good opportunities to cover a ton of ground early.

can I get all the mountains and 7DMT done in a hour if I show up at 7(I know splash takes 20 minutes but you get my point)?
Unless something has changed, only the right side of MK is open during EMH so only 2 mountains will be available -but you can grab FP+ for Splash and BTMR for park open or plan to rush to BTMR at rope drop. I highly doubt there will be much of a line for Splash at 8am

Unless something has changed, only the right side of MK is open during EMH so only 2 mountains will be available -but you can grab FP+ for Splash and BTMR for park open or plan to rush to BTMR at rope drop. I highly doubt there will be much of a line for Splash at 8am

That's a really good point. I would still be interested to see how much you could get done that early or if it would be crowded.

We will be at Disney from 8/30-9/2. Do you think we are better off waiting to go to HS during the day on 9/1 or 9/2 when the EMH at HS are for guests only?

We will be at Disney from 8/30-9/2. Do you think we are better off waiting to go to HS during the day on 9/1 or 9/2 when the EMH at HS are for guests only?

YES. While there's still thousands of resort guests, at least it's only those who can attend on those dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter