620 Days... Am I Crazy?

Kimmierose93

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I want to go to Disney World NEXT October (2021) for my birthday, and for the 50th anniversary. Am I crazy to be planning everything right now?! We don't even know the prices yet.... we've been going off of what this October's prices are. We can't even book for 5 or 6 months... June-ish. Even though so many new rides and restaurants are opening soon... I basically have an entire plan of where I want to go/eat/ride. I've been doing non stop research and it has me so excited. He's never been there, so I think that's why I'm so excited. Has anyone else ever been in this boat? I have 620 days until we plan to leave for Florida. I feel insane haha

Kimmierose, I am planning to go in Mar 2022! I want to go for the 50th anniversary (and incidently, 50 years after my first visit!) , but want to go when my son is on vacation. While it's a little crazy, this way I can take my time figure out what room to reserve, so I can be ready to reserve it 499 days in advance, and have my deposit ready. I also can start my budget, and my saving plan. I don't remember how far out I started planning last trip, but it was more than 500 days in advance! Have fun!

I'm already planning my daughter's 21st birthday. She wants to go to WDW. My husband, my son and myself are going this September and I'm hoping to book a bounceback for the trip with my daughter. So nope I don't see anything wrong with planning and saving now.

Our trip is in April but I started planning it years ago. It'll be 6 years between trips and I have been thinking about it the whole time. Just suggested to my husband after this trip we come back in 2024 and he thinks I'm crazy for even thinking about it this far out.

You're definitely not alone.

I started planning an April 2021 trip in June 2019. I haven't been to Disney since spring of 2003 as a teenager, so I think that's why I'm going a little overboard researching everything now.

We had been to Disneyland in 2015, and it took a bit of planning, especially because I wanted to make sure it would be fun for our little one. After that, I told my husband that while you need a degree in planning to do DL, you need a PhD in planning to do WDW! There is SO many choices about every aspect of a WDW vacation that extra time is very useful. Even if you have been there recently, there is ALWAYS something new, and lots of changes. There are also so many people who do blogs, posts, videos, etc, so there is a lot to weed through to find out how to spend your time. And most of all, it gives you more time to save up money to do all the things you want to do while you are there.

Am I rationalizing planning so far in advance? Maybe. I do loooooove to plan!

I think it's a great outlet, although not the cheapest, for those of us who consider ourselves planners. It definitely is an escape from the stress of life -- Disney planning is how I "woosah." It also makes me feel good to think about the unique interests and personalities of my family members and come up with experiences that I think they each will enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!