60 days and MDE worked...eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.

prgal0715

Disney Princess-in-Training
I'm headed to WDW Christmas week, so I *knew* getting my FP+ was going to be challenging. I was up early this morning, fully caffeinated with my spreadsheet at the ready, just waiting for the clock to strike 7am. When it did, I clicked on the FP+ icon and...the page wouldn't load. I refreshed, and it still wouldn't load. So I tried another browser. Nope. The app? Yeah, that didn't work either.

While I was watching the "spiral of death" swirl on my laptop (and could literally feel my FOP FPs slip away), I logged out of the app, logged back in and it finally allowed me to start making FPs. This is now around 7:07am, btw. I went to my first AK day, 12/21, and couldn't get FOP, but did secure Na'vi. My second AK day, 12/23, I got FOP for the late afternoon which is fine since we're doing the rhino experience in the morning. I backtracked to 12/22, my HS day, and got a SDD fo 6:30pm. So instead of doing the first part of the day in HS, we'll just go later and spend the morning/early afternoon at DS. MK and Epcot FPs were easy and I got all the times and attractions I wanted, even for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Overall, I'm happy with what I have and will try often to switch the Na'vi FP for FOP. It's just frustrating that such a sophisticated company doesn't have the infrastructure to support their own FP system. It was like 7am came and someone forgot to flip the switch or something! How did everyone else at the 60-day mark make out?

glad to hear it worked out for you. MDE can be soooo frustrating, but then I remember that there are literally millions of users - it can't be easy for them to keep it running smoothly.

I make my FP on Tuesday since we arrive on December 22nd. I think that's going to be a BIG arrival day and I have a bad feeling that come Tuesday morning, the system is going to crash. Hope not! But I predict a lot of people trying to access MDE at 7:00am. Like the OP, I really just want FOP and SDD, the rest will just be bonuses. We're going more for the holiday things than anything else.

It definitely can be frustrating and it sounds like you got all of the options that you wanted besides the first AK day which FOP at 60 +2 was a longshot for anyway. Great job troubleshooting the problems.

At least you got it!

I arrive ont he 27th, and I hope to get FOP on the 30th which is 60 + 3, which is my main AK day, but A LOT of people will arrive between 24th and 27th and stay for NYE. If I don't get it for that day, I'll try to get it on Jan 2nd, which is my last day and also lower crowds, therefore more chances. I'll try also on any of the "half-day park" days. Just in case. :) At least I stay at one of the values close to AK. FOP is my main priority for fastpass.

At least you got it!

I arrive ont he 27th, and I hope to get FOP on the 30th which is 60 + 3, which is my main AK day, but A LOT of people will arrive between 24th and 27th and stay for NYE. If I don't get it for that day, I'll try to get it on Jan 2nd, which is my last day and also lower crowds, therefore more chances. I'll try also on any of the "half-day park" days. Just in case. :) At least I stay at one of the values close to AK. FOP is my main priority for fastpass.
I got FOP at 60 + 4 and Na'vi at 60 + 2. As long as you're flexible, I think you'll be fine!

It definitely can be frustrating and it sounds like you got all of the options that you wanted besides the first AK day which FOP at 60 +2 was a longshot for anyway. Great job troubleshooting the problems.
Thank you! It certainly does pay to be flexible when making FPs!

I make my FP on Tuesday since we arrive on December 22nd. I think that's going to be a BIG arrival day and I have a bad feeling that come Tuesday morning, the system is going to crash. Hope not! But I predict a lot of people trying to access MDE at 7:00am. Like the OP, I really just want FOP and SDD, the rest will just be bonuses. We're going more for the holiday things than anything else.
Good luck on Tuesday!! I definitely advise having both your computer and the app open at 7am. The site eventually worked, but I got the most critical FPs (FOP and SDD) using the app.

This seems to be a daily post here. Every. Single. Day. MDE is a great big mess. What a boondoggle.

glad to hear it worked out for you. MDE can be soooo frustrating, but then I remember that there are literally millions of users - it can't be easy for them to keep it running smoothly.

You are a better sport than I am. Sorry but I believe this mess is on Disney. I can’t defend it. And shouldn’t have to? IMHO. Not my monkey.

Fast pass was a joke today at slinky dog. The entry is a total bottle neck. They figured out a work around but with standby lining up to the time of 185 minutes, and the narrowness of the walkway, even people with fast pass were bailing. Maybe they thought their FP would expire before they even got to the FP scanner. They sent a CM down the line finally to scanwith a hand held scanner, but not before guests started bailing.

Last edited:
You are a better sport than I am. Sorry but I believe this mess is on Disney. I can’t defend it. And shouldn’t have to? IMHO. Not my monkey.

Fast pass was a joke today at slinky dog. The entry is a total bottle neck. They figured out a work around but with standby lining up to the time of 185 minutes, and the narrowness if the walkway, even people with fast pass were bailing. Maybe they though their FP would expire before they even got to the FP scanner. They sent a CM down the line finally to scanbus with a hand held scanner, but not before guests started bailing.
Yikes - that sounds awful! I can't even imagine what it's going to be like Christmas week...

And I do agree with you about this being on Disney. Their system can't support the number of people logging on at 7:00am to make their FP+ selections, it's simple as that.

That’s the day I’m making my FPs too and hoping it’s going to work out. Keeping my fingers crossed!

My 60 day window was this morning as well. I ended up making all of my FP+ reservations on the MDE app because the website wouldn't load :badpc: Super frustrating. We got most of what we wanted; no SDD but we did get FOP. Since it's the holidays we're already going into this trip with super low expectations of getting everything done.....we're just gonna enjoy our ADRs and all the pretty decorations :santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter