• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

60% and 70% STROLLER RENTAL INCREASE

fav's=mets&mickey

Love ONE MAN'S DREAM WORLD, But MISS BAWB
For those who have not ventured over the the disney for families boards, here is something to chew on.

As of Yesterday, Disney World has increased their Stroller Rental cost.....

Used to be $18 for Double (single day) $16 Length of Stay(Each day)

and $10 for Single (Single day) $8 Length of Stay(each Day)

The Increase put the Double and Single as below

Double

$31 for single day and $27/Each day length of stay

Single

$15 for single Day and $13/Each Day length of stay........

JOIN ME IN SAYING.......WHAT!!!!!!!!!!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek:

THIS IS BEYOND NICKEL AND DIMING>>>>>>>THIS TAKES IT TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL>>>>>>>I MEAN 70% INCREASE ON A DOUBLE STROLLER>>>>>>ARE YOU KIDDING ME>>>>>>>>:scared1:

Yep, there's a thread about it a little farther down the page.

It is an insane increase. Don't know what the heck Disney was thinking when they came up with that.:sad2:

I was shocked when I read that! We will no longer be renting strollers at WDW! I have 3 kids all under 5 so it made things so much easier for us but $31!! Thats our lunch budget for a family of 5!!!!

Well, I can tell you one backfiring with this. More people will bring their own strollers, which will need to be transported on buses. The buses will be more crowded now and that will add to the need to have "more" buses or lots of angry park-goers. Can't Disney see how this is going to bleed down and wreak havoc on Disney transportation??

You can buy one for $40?? See what they are trying to do here. WDW’s strollers are pretty big and bulky and I would be willing to bet the strollers they are selling are umbrella strollers. This is going to ease crowd congestion, BUT, if someone steals or walks off with your $40 new stroller, it won’t be like a rental where you just go get another one. It will be another $40. Argggh! Sometimes Disney just chafes my hide!!

That is one of the dumbest moves I have heard WDW make. Glad I dont have little ones anymore. What a hassle now for families who will need to travel with their strollers due to the costs to rent..

Well, I can tell you one backfiring with this. More people will bring their own strollers, which will need to be transported on buses. The buses will be more crowded now and that will add to the need to have "more" buses or lots of angry park-goers. Can't Disney see how this is going to bleed down and wreak havoc on Disney transportation??

You can buy one for $40?? See what they are trying to do here. WDW’s strollers are pretty big and bulky and I would be willing to bet the strollers they are selling are umbrella strollers. This is going to ease crowd congestion, BUT, if someone steals or walks off with your $40 new stroller, it won’t be like a rental where you just go get another one. It will be another $40. Argggh! Sometimes Disney just chafes my hide!!

The first thing that came to my mind was the Monorail at Magic Kingdom after WISHES.......CAN YOU SAY NIGHTMARE SCENERIO.........Somebody that has never been to the parks must of thought this one up..........

I guess the next promotion they will run will..........RESERVE TODAY AND GET FREE STROLLER RENTAL FOR LENGTH OF STAY......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter