60+5, party of 2, no FOP

Don't give up hope. 45 days out from our 2017 vacation, I scored a set of 4 for FOP. During our 2018 vacation, I was able to score a set of 2 same day FOP two different times.

Try occasionally on MDE to see what comes up, but as Tomh noted, the day of is really the easiest time to get a FP+ for FoP for just two people. That's what we've had to do our last two trips, in April and December. With a little refreshing while having lunch, a time popped up for two. So don't despair.

Try occasionally on MDE to see what comes up, but as Tomh noted, the day of is really the easiest time to get a FP+ for FoP for just two people. That's what we've had to do our last two trips, in April and December. With a little refreshing while having lunch, a time popped up for two. So don't despair.
Day of ... totally agree.

And yes, easier for 2 people than more, but I only look for FOP FPs for one person at a time anyways. That way I get the best possible chance of grabbing some.

Keep looking. We missed out on FoP also. I'm still looking. No luck yet, but hopeful. If not, we'll be there before RD.

Ugh. Sorry to hear it. I also appreciate knowing how hard it is because—the way the systems are set up—all our ADRs and extra events need to be booked so far ahead of our FPs.

The way our plans are working out, we’ll be at AK our first park day. I think this means we’ll just have to plan on rope drop that day, as we haven’t been since Pandora opened. Of course we’ll try all these other great suggestions too to see if we can grab a FP for second ride ;-)

Well after many headless Olaf's and using my phone as well as desktop, I got SDD for 60 + 5 for 6:30pm. I was also able to get FOP for day 60 + 6, it's our day we fly home but I got a 9:15am and our flight is 3:20pm. Couldn't get 7D's, but at least I got the other two. This is all for 3 people.

You don't say if you were doing this at the 30 day or 60 day mark. If you were at the 30 day, then all the people who could make FP+ at 60 days made their selections ahead of you, and it's not surprising that the top tier attractions are spoken for. If you did it at 60 days and tried for some of those attractions at the end of your stay, then that is surprising. I just made some FP+ at my 60 day mark earlier this week, and I had multiple time selections available on multiple days for those attractions.

You don't say if you were doing this at the 30 day or 60 day mark. If you were at the 30 day, then all the people who could make FP+ at 60 days made their selections ahead of you, and it's not surprising that the top tier attractions are spoken for. If you did it at 60 days and tried for some of those attractions at the end of your stay, then that is surprising. I just made some FP+ at my 60 day mark earlier this week, and I had multiple time selections available on multiple days for those attractions.

They said they were 60+5. That means they were doing it at 60 days for a 5 day stay. For what it is worth, I did mine at 60+6 last week and was only able to get FOP for my last day and did not see SDD or SDMT at all.

Apologies to the OP - I totally missed the 60+5 in the thread title. That is surprising. I did my FP+ at the 60 day mark on 10/9 and was able to get FOP at 60+2 and again on 60+5. Same with SDD at 60+4 and 60+6. Luck of the draw, I guess.

Does anyone know how current/accurate the Touring Plans list of FP availability is? It just shows slots for one FP, so doesn’t reflect larger group availability—but right now it’s showing times for December 15 (I think that’s 60 + 4?) and 16 for all the headliners. Some overlapping times, too.

It looks like things are pretty much gone the days leading up to that, though, and it’s very possible their system only updates occasionally at it’s not real time availability?

I’m hoping to keep an eye on the TP site when we approach our 60 day mark to figure out our strategy. The first few days of our trip are likely to have lower crowd level, but we have 7 days so I’m assuming we’ll still have the mot availability at 60+5-7 rather than the early less crowded days. I’m hoping keeping watch on TP will let me see if there are openings our first few days too though so I know if I should bother checking those right away.

I was able to get FOP and SDD without any trouble. Actually I can see there still are FP available for FOP and SSD for Dec 15 and 16.

It was today my FP booking day and I was hoping to get FOP on my 60+3, but neither that or SDD was availble at 7 EST. I got FOP for mu 60+6, on Dec 16, but now I have to change my dining planning :(. My party is big, we are 11. I wish all of you much better luck:)

Thanks for your tip :) May I ask you how many days before the date they extended the hours? Many thanks.

It was for 9/22, I don’t remember the date it changed, maybe a month before. They changed the close from 8:00 to 8:30, I was able to grab a 7:20.

AK’s close never changed for 9/23. I was hunting for FOP.

On 9/23 and 9/24, Sunday and Monday, all parks were closed by 9:00.

Thanks for your tip :) May I ask you how many days before the date they extended the hours? Many thanks.
They can change the hours at any point up until the day of—AK had hours extend while we were in the park in February! They had also extended them twice in the weeks leading up to it, and I got lucky and snagged FoP during one of those changes.

I understand there’s been a pattern recently of announcing new hours on Fridays the month before, but just be aware that it could happen anytime. If you use Touring Plans they will send out an email when hours change, although I think sometimes the FPs can be gone by the time you get that notice.

They said they were 60+5. That means they were doing it at 60 days for a 5 day stay. For what it is worth, I did mine at 60+6 last week and was only able to get FOP for my last day and did not see SDD or SDMT at all.

Actually, 60+5 means 5 days after their arrival day- with the arrrival day being 60 days out. The length of stay is irrelevant.
For example, someone with an 8 day stay could be looking for FPs on day 60+3. The 8 day stay is meaningless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!