5th Walt Disney World Gate

What should the 5th gate be?

• Total voters

JacobWolfley1955

Earning My Ears
The last park seen at WDW was Animal Kingdom in 1998 and we have only seen many expansions to parks. In my opinion if Disney truly wants to end competition with Universal they should announce a 5th park. Now I wanted to ask what kind of new park would you like to see. A Disney Villans park, DisneySea from Tokyo, a Florida Adventure Park, or any other park that you can come up with?

While I respect your opinion I totally disagree with it. With all the projects scheduled to be completed by 2021 currently in the works this makes no sense to talk about now. And even after 2021, as customers we would never want Disney to to end competition with Universal. Lack of competition would lead to stagnation and price increases. With a healthy amount of competition, the customer wins.

I do agree and do not get me wrong I love the competition. And I think that is Disney is tired of Universal and after these things are done, they should build another theme park to keep them down for at least a decade.

Which I would argue happened already. From roughly 1999 to 2012 the parks were pretty stagnant in improving. Universal and mostly Harry Potter woke them up.

I used to wonder about that myself. Thought it was a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. Crazy thing is... it's true. IOA... Harry Potter... All of it... It's all true.

With the continuing demise of Sea World I think Disney Sea would be a good choice... They would likely have to close The Living Seas in Epcot and Relocate the animals in the aquarium rather than face-lifiting the old attraction, but I think it would be a nice compliment to existing IP and theming...
Nemo show in AK would also have to relocate. Plenty of Good films in the Fox Library too...

Would love to see this happen but doubt anything will be done until at least 2030 on Disney's part. I argree that it would be maybe the only counter to a Universal 3rd gate.

I think if we get DisneySea we could see an Indiana Jones attraction like the coaster from Disneyland Paris or the dark ride from Disneyland. They could also tear down the show at Hollywood Studios that has been around for 900 years.

I think if we get DisneySea we could see an Indiana Jones attraction like the coaster from Disneyland Paris or the dark ride from Disneyland.
Sorry, but I thought the Indy coaster at DLP was pathetic. The Indy ride at DisneySea was as fabulous as the one at DL California.

They could also tear down the show at Hollywood Studios that has been around for 900 years.
That would make me sad. Yes it is old but with LMA gone and the old Backstage tour (can't remember what that was called) the Indy show is one of the few things at DHS that makes it feel like a Hollywood Studios. With GMR now gone I fear DHS will never feel the same. Some people may think that is all a good idea but I am not so sure.

I'm in the "don't do it" camp. EPCOT needs some love, and they still have to open all the new lands and rides. BUT I could see them doing DisneySea at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter