What to do?

• get crocked along the Monorail tour

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Food & Wine festival

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters

Johndubbya

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are going during food and wine in 2018... We are trying to decide if we should devote a 2nd day to food and wine or a day to get "crocked" on the monorail... I have a annual pass and my wife does not. What would be more fun the monorail bar crawl or food and wine for a 2nd day. It would only be 20 dollars for her.

I'd do the crawl! In fact, I'd love to get more info on how to get in on this crawl. We'll be at WDW March 10-16.

Well, I don't find one day to be enough for Food & Wine, though I'm in it for the food. If you just want the drinks, then either works.

I vote both as well! You can always do Epcot in the morning and plan lunch around Food & Wine. Then save the monorail crawl for the evening, so you can try an appetizer at each of the resorts too!

I can NEVER have too many park days. On my last trip, I was in the parks eleven straight days. I wouldn't have turned down another park day, but I had to go home for other reasons.

Try and do both.

The pub crawl is so much fun but in reality, you want to make sure you don't rush through Food and Wine as it is truly an amazing festival and sometimes, I find that two days is barely enough time.

If you are doing two days at MK, here's my suggestion as we did this when our time in the World was limited a few years back:

Make a dining reservation at O'hana at the Polynesian at around 8:00 PM. You will have an excellent meal at a great price for starters.

Leave MK around 5:30 (or 5 if you don't mind losing the extra half hour). Knock out the pub crawl before dinner (you might have to loop past MK a second time, but its such a nice view so who cares!). Finish your pub crawl at Traders Sam's, then head upstairs for dinner. From there, you get a wonderful view of the fireworks while you dine! You get your meal, your pub crawl, and you don't miss the best part of the day. Furthermore, no crowds or kids on their parents shoulders blocking your view.

Food and wine takes more time then you think, if you are truly going to experience the different foods and drinks. It's always 2 days for me. But with that said, the weather would play a big part for me ... EPCOT gets super hot as we all know, the F&W crowds can be a lot ... so if it's really hot and a crowded park day, I'd do the monorail crawl.

A non-park day would definately save you from having to add another day to your park tickets especially with the price increase on multi-day ticket prices they just announced this morning.

Well if the monorail bar crawl is anything like "drinking you way around the world" like we did back in day I'd opt for the F & W option. But then I've slowed down on the amount of ETOH alcohol I ingest.

We did them both, I think. . By chance we booked a trip and it was during the food and wine festival. it was great. Lots of different things to eat and drink.

Decide on your last park day before you leave the park. You can add the day to her ticket then or decide you are done with the parks and go resort/bar hopping instead.

Too many factors influence this decision - and as a couple - you can wait to see how you feel. The weather, how well you slept, the things you still want to do, the things you FEEL like doing, the day of the week you are talking about, etc.

I'm typically the one with the AP - and my other half is the one needing to buy the ticket. We usually buy him one less day than we think we might need - and sometimes we add that other day - and sometimes we do something else. Yes - it's only $20 - but $20 is still enough money to spend elsewhere.

Well, I'd do both and have done both. I go to F&W every year and spend part of every day at F&W. My son and I both enjoy a refreshing adult beverage and have done the monorail crawl a number of times. We get mostly food at F&W, although my son loves him some beer. My honey tells me we have to detox when we get home every trip because I'm always sending him pictures of our drinks (he doesn't do Disney).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter