5'1" 375 worried momma

I'm SO GLAD that I'm not the only one that felt super tight in 7DMT. I was 170lbs and I felt that any heavier I wouldn't fit. I'm 190 now and not excited about it lol.

any updates on them seatbelts on kali river dont really wanna que up to be told i cant go on please

cheers

any updates on them seatbelts on kali river dont really wanna que up to be told i cant go on please

cheers
I was on Kali last May. I'm 5'8", around 330 pounds, with an approximately 60" hips circumference. The seatbelt fit me almost exactly - it wasn't pressing in to me, but there also wasn't anymore left if I had needed it.

I was on Kali last May. I'm 5'8", around 330 pounds, with an approximately 60" hips circumference. The seatbelt fit me almost exactly - it wasn't pressing in to me, but there also wasn't anymore left if I had needed it.

thanks for that still unsure weather to try it as ive been going to the gym since january and lost 3 stone nd a few inches off my waist

thanks for that still unsure weather to try it as ive been going to the gym since january and lost 3 stone nd a few inches off my waist

Hey, congratulations! I would give it a try - you're definitely smaller than I am, so I don't see why you wouldn't fit. I was nervous about trying myself, since I know the belts were supposed to be pretty tight and I hated the idea of embarrassing myself in front of a crowd, but in the end I was glad I went for it. I figured that even if the belt didn't fit me, ten minutes later it was going to be forgotten by everyone except for me, so why should I care?

thanks for that what about other rides like expedition everest nd big thunder mountain and splash mountain not sure ill bother with 7 dwarfs

thanks for that what about other rides like expedition everest nd big thunder mountain and splash mountain not sure ill bother with 7 dwarfs

No problems at all on Everest, Big Thunder Mountain, or Splash. Even 7 Dwarves was fine; my legs were a little tight, but not enough to cause any discomfort, even on the turns. I will say though, if you have any issues with your knees, the boat rides (It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc) can be a little difficult. My mom has problems bending her legs and those rides gave her a lot of trouble because the seats are so low. Those were the only ones, though.

no problems with my knees thanks very much so looking forward to it now only 10 days to go nd ill post on here how i got on many thanks

hi guys been back a while and have to say i chickened out of the kali river rapids,but looking at the boats the seat belts looked way big enough for me even rekon there was a few bigger than me on it while i was waiting for the wife nd kid,also did everest no probs,was abouy to get on big thunder then my lad chickened out lol, Hvin said that we must of been boring ride wise as didnt bother with splash mountain just let the lad choose what he wanted but did do the barnstormer without a prob,weve booked to go back next year so hopefully get on more rides

To ease your mind, I went back and found some ride pics of my Pooh-sized hubby and I enjoying ourselves in WDW. The photographic evidence speaks volumes! For reference, I'm 5'8" and approx 300lbs, hubby is the same height and somewhere in the 350-360 range in these photos.

Us on 7DMT - we are the Pooh-sized people in the superhero shirts (and that's my bro in the car behind us - a regular-sized fellow, about 5'11"):
View attachment 220534

Thank you so much!!! I'm the same size and have been so worried about 7DMT...looks like I can ride!

Hey everyone first time posting, but I am an Annual Passholder and I have YET tried to go try 7DMT, Everest and Space Mountain in fear of looking like a fool lol. I’m 5’9” 320 recently lost 35 pounds. I carry weight in my belly and butt. Will I be able to ride those? As for FoP haha I haven’t even decided to even try that ride

Hey everyone first time posting, but I am an Annual Passholder and I have YET tried to go try 7DMT, Everest and Space Mountain in fear of looking like a fool lol. I’m 5’9” 320 recently lost 35 pounds. I carry weight in my belly and butt. Will I be able to ride those? As for FoP haha I haven’t even decided to even try that ride

Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm 5'8" and usually weigh somewhere between 330 and 350 pounds (54" chest, 60"+ waist) and I fit on all three rides without an issue. I've heard people say that 7DMT can be tight on their legs, but it's been fine for me.

There is a thread on the "Theme Parks Strategies" board that is specifically about FoP and larger sizes. It includes tips for how to fit comfortably and get the restraints to fit.

My brother is 6'5" and around 400lb and he has been able to ride everything at Disney except FoP. (But that was the first week it opened, so he may be actually be able to fit with some of the tips-- removing shoes, sitting up)

I'm 5'7" and have been hovering a little over 300 (prob 305? ish). Went to DW last March, and rode 7DMT, Everest, and Space without any problem at all. You'd probably even fit on FoP. Disney is the best theme park for those who are overweight--I didn't feel like there was anything I couldn't ride. 7DMT does squish legs, but I was fine. Everest wasn't an issue at all, and Space it's just a matter of being able to lift yourself up and out of the car. Try it--I'd be *shocked* if you can't ride all three of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter