50th Birthday celebration~ Tips/Thoughts

mickey+minnie91

Mouseketeer
My husband and I plan on going to Disney World for the first time to celebrate my 50th birthday in September. We are Disneyland vets and know the parks well and how to tour. In looking at the boards for Disney World, I dont see as many tips as I do for Disneyland. Can someone point me in the direction of touring tips. Any cool things we could do or eat at for my birthday? We are thinking of staying at one of the Hilton properties. Any thoughts on these? What is the weather like in September?

Thank you in advance!

Let's start with Disney World is much larger than Disneyland. You will not be able to walk between all the parks. Disney World property entails 40 square miles.

There are over 100 restaurants in Disney theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs and Disney Springs resorts. Lots of choices for birthday celebrations.

not sure which Hilton property you are planning on staying at, but at least one is in the Disney Springs area.

I would suggest you look at the Disney World website to get a grasp on the overview of this entire resort.

You can expect weather in September to be hot and humid. A rain shower (at least, daily). This is also known as hurricane season in Florida

You can expect weather in September to be hot and humid. A rain shower (at least, daily). This is also known as hurricane season in Florida
I can second this. Before kids, my wife and I went a few times in September and then later once with the kids. September can be quite warm and sticky. We sat through a hurricane once at the Yacht Club. Crowds will have slackened some, which is a blessing. Always keep a poncho with you for the afternoon steamy rains, but nothing stops for rain. You just swimming.

If possible for your first time visit to WDW I would suggest you stay on site by renting someone's DVC points. I would seriously look into this. This will give you a look inside the WDW bubble.

Yes stay on Disney property, anyone who ever stays off property that I know always seems to have annoying little issues during their trip. Someone in here suggested using a DVC rental option. We personally love doing this and have done it almost more than going to regular hotels. Too make it easy though just buy everything through Disney.com, hotel, tickets, dining plan?? if you want. My thoughts on the dining plan is if you want to explore more of the restaurants on property you will be more likely to want to get a fancier meal on the dining plan rather than if you were paying cash/credit every time.

An amazing experience which would be worth every penny would be to get a ADR at California Grill at 730-8pm at night. Planning this would ensure that you can get a view of fireworks at MK during dinner. If California Grill isn't available try Topolinos Tavern at the same time to view EPCOT fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter