50th anniversary planning!!

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
So I think we decided to try and come down for the oct 1 anniversary!! I know it’s going to be crazy but we still want to be there. Anyone else planning? I think with managed expectations it could be an amazing day!!

I've been planning our trip to be in MK on the 1st for two years. Bought extra DVC points just so I would have more than one home to choose at 11 months

We are planning on coming down in either November or December but not for the actual 50th. My younger daughter turns 21 in late October and she wants to spend time drinking around the world showcase after shes 21. I told her it was going to be crazy with 50th birthday celebrations and she said that was even better.

The idea of being there on October 1st had actually been entering my mind recently too. I just don’t think we are hardy enough to handle those crowds. Or that crazy. :rotfl:

We are beginning to plan for November 2021. I went to the 50th for Disneyland and I remember it was a lot of fun. Patiently waiting until June for my TA to be able to start the process. Focusing on our upcoming cruise this summer on RCL.

Though I'd Love to be there on Oct 1st, I think I'll let the hub-bubb die down a little and stick with our typical trip in November. I'm sure it's going to be AMAZING! In terms of my own Disney timeline, I was at the World's Fair to see Small World and Carousel of Progress, the 25th, 50th and 60th (and 64th, if that counts) Anniversaries of DisneyLand, the 35th, 40th, 45th and now 50th of DisneyWorld (with many visits in between). Don't do the math...that makes me around 36! :hippie: It's been such an honor to see the evolution and advancement. Can't wait to see the 100th! (By then, I'll be in my 40's, perhaps!??!!)

Hmm, it's a Friday. I'd have no issues with my work, but my wife only gets 1 requested day off per year (School schedule, she gets all the usual breaks, but they only get 1 actual work day throughout the year to ask off). So we'd have to try and get a flight sometime after 4pm on Thursday. Might be tricky, don't think there are too many of those going to Orlando from Winnipeg! Definitely want to try to be there on the 1st though!

Lol, through a quick peak at this October, the best flight I can see leaves Winnipeg at 4:30pm Thursday and arrives at 5:23am on Friday, with a nice 6 hour layover in Denver of all places!

We've already started our room reservation walk with our DVC points to lock in a room. Now to just move the reservation every 5 days till October 😂

We've already started our room reservation walk with our DVC points to lock in a room. Now to just move the reservation every 5 days till October 😂
I’m not DVC, so I have to ask....is that really a thing? Cuz I’ve got a friend I need to tell, if she doesn’t already know....

I’m not DVC, so I have to ask....is that really a thing? Cuz I’ve got a friend I need to tell, if she doesn’t already know....
If you got the points then yes because I have enough for any point increase. Walking a reservation is a real thing though

We've been playing it for awhile! Were gonna make it a pretty big trip. Our day to book is three days away.

Fiance and I are going late September, driving from Ontario, Canada! Making it a very special trip indeed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!