50th Anniversary game planning

Smallywood1

Earning My Ears
We have taken several group trips over the past few years with family and close friends. It has been a while since our last big group trip, so we wanted to plan a big trip during the 50th. Im sure that time frame will be just packed to the brim, but thankfully we are planning it where our group just needs to get themselves there, so we will have probably about 5 different reservations across the property. Our time frame is what we are looking at right now. I know that Disneyland had decorations and things up prior to the event actually starting, but for the year of 2021, we have a window in March, a few over the summer, and then one around Thanksgiving (if we are lucky). If we go in the spring, will that be too early for the actual celebration? Is the summer even to early? Trying to basically figure out what time frame the actual event is going to run, so we can be there during the anniversary season. I have not seen too much posted yet from Disney, but hopefully some of you have some good information for us!

Disney hasn't released any info on the 50th Anniversary... yet, but they are ramping up for it. All the construction projects will be done by 2021. The actual 50th Anniversary is October 1st, 2021. I'm assuming, and this is just my guess, that some the festivities/celebrations will begin earlier in the late spring (May), as seen by 45th and DLR celebrations. They could also do an 18 month celebration lasting all of 2021 and into 2022, but I really don't think so based on previous celebrations. I may be completely wrong though. Because of the great unknown in regard to the 50th celebration we are planning or trip for Late Jan/Early Feb 2022. Sorry that wasn't very helpful.

Also good on you for coordinating that many parties/people! I've done a 9 person party before and it was difficult.

Disney hasn't released any info on the 50th Anniversary... yet, but they are ramping up for it. All the construction projects will be done by 2021. The actual 50th Anniversary is October 1st, 2021. I'm assuming, and this is just my guess, that some the festivities/celebrations will begin earlier in the late spring (May), as seen by 45th and DLR celebrations. They could also do an 18 month celebration lasting all of 2021 and into 2022, but I really don't think so based on previous celebrations. I may be completely wrong though. Because of the great unknown in regard to the 50th celebration we are planning or trip for Late Jan/Early Feb 2022. Sorry that wasn't very helpful.

Also good on you for coordinating that many parties/people! I've done a 9 person party before and it was difficult.
I figured there wasn't much out there yet. Im hopeful they will give us some information a little more than a year out so we can get the ball rolling. Would be unfortunate if we planned a trip and the event wasnt actually happening :/

Until we get official announcements from Disney, it's all just speculation. Packages for 2021 won't even be available until about a year from now. Why not just wait until more information is released?

Earliest you might get info is D23 in August. Rumors are they might release celebration news then. We are in preplanning for end of September into early October 2021. You can not book room only till well over 400 days (was it 450 or 499? Days) so you have lots of time to wait. We can book for our rooms (only) in April 2020. It is so hard to chill till then...

I would say just keep an eye out for info during the D23 Expo in August of this year. If nothing is discussed then, look out for info at the Shareholders meeting. Actually, there might just be more info at that meeting if there's info from D23.
If you need to decide before then, which I get because it seems like there's a lot of people going, I would pick the summer timeframe because Price Is Right rules: closest without going over. If you need to make a guess with no info, that's what I would go with.

Earliest you might get info is D23 in August. Rumors are they might release celebration news then. We are in preplanning for end of September into early October 2021. You can not book room only till well over 400 days (was it 450 or 499? Days) so you have lots of time to wait. We can book for our rooms (only) in April 2020. It is so hard to chill till then...
499 days has always been the rule and we are planning already regardless of an announcement. October 1 is the day to be there and we know that. See you all there!

499 days has always been the rule and we are planning already regardless of an announcement. October 1 is the day to be there and we know that. See you all there!
I never booked rooms that early so I was not sure if it was 499 or 450.
Yea we are planning to be in WDW on that date too, but no idea what will be happening...talking heads? (“And now lets hear from xyz employee person about how great it is to be celebrating 50 years”) Special parade? Giveaways? Concerts? Merch?

The details will determine if we want to deal with the headache, cause I am sure someone will be showing up at 4 am to wait for it...and knowing my husband, it won’t be him.

We are most likely going either summer of 2021 or summer of 2022. I am also curious which of those summers the 50th celebration will be going on. I am on the fence if I want it to be happening while we are there. I am really hoping they announce the dates at D23.

I agree. Hopefully D23 will give us at least enough information to get some quick plans in motion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!