50's fried Boursin Cheese recipe.

Cruz Family

DIS Veteran
I got the recipe on my last trip and make it all the time. Its very easy and tastes just as good. Oh, and I usually make several of them, flash freeze it then wrap it up. So whenever I crave it, I just fry one up.

Fried Boursin Cheese
from 50's Prime Time Cafe, Disney-MGM Studios

Water 4 oz.
Lettuce Mix 4 oz.
Beaten Egg 3 each
Flour ½ lb., seasoned
Soybean Oil or Canola Oil 1 qt.
Bread Crumbs ½ lb., seasoned
9” French Bread Slices 1 each, toasted
Boursin Cheese Wheel 2 each, 5 oz.

Cut cheese wheel in half crosswise with a hot dry knife.

Dredge cheese in flour then egg and then bread crumbs. Repeat in egg then bread crumbs.

Set aside in refrigerator.

Fill a cast iron skillet with oil ¼” high. Heat oil 350° and fry cheese until golden brown then flip over and fry the other side. Remove from oil and place on paper towel.

Place salad mix on center of plate and arrange bread slices around cheese.

Oh my, my mouth is watering at the mere suggestion of that appetizer. Thanks so much for the recipe, I'm going to head out this weekend and find a Boursin Cheese Wheel. Not sure I've ever seen one of those before... :confused:

Oh my, my mouth is watering at the mere suggestion of that appetizer. Thanks so much for the recipe, I'm going to head out this weekend and find a Boursin Cheese Wheel. Not sure I've ever seen one of those before... :confused:

I thought the same thing before I ever looked for it, now I notice it everywhere.

The 1st ingredient listed is 4 oz. of water but I didn't see what to do with the water in the recipe? Did I miss something?

BTW, I get my Boursin at Sam's - they have a two pack for less than the grocery stores. And I am sure you will want to make more than 1 round of cheese! :)

The 1st ingredient listed is 4 oz. of water but I didn't see what to do with the water in the recipe? Did I miss something?

BTW, I get my Boursin at Sam's - they have a two pack for less than the grocery stores. And I am sure you will want to make more than 1 round of cheese! :)

hmmmm..........you are correct! I went back and checked to see if I missed something, but I guess not. Funny though I made this at least 4 or 5 times and never even noticed it.:confused3 The only thing I can think of is that it is ment to be hot water to heat up the knife. I heat mine over the flame on the stove, so I really don't know. I wouldn't worry about it, mine has always come out fine. Sorry for the confusion!

The 4 oz. of water is for you to drink. :drinking1
Like we always say on the podcast you never get enough water. :rotfl2:
:moped:

The 4 oz. of water is for you to drink. :drinking1
Like we always say on the podcast you never get enough water. :rotfl2:
:moped:

:laughing:

And, Bawb, can I just say how much I love the light saber smiley? Every time I see it, I picture you poking the storm trooper. Makes me laugh every time.

:laughing:

And, Bawb, can I just say how much I love the light saber smiley? Every time I see it, I picture you poking the storm trooper. Makes me laugh every time.

Me too! I keep hearing that silly Benny Hill music in my head too. I can be in a really bad mood and that quick video just cracks me up and I feel a lot better!

ok, I am off to Sam's to buy some cheese and some wine (to substitute for the water since I am now supposed to drink it instead of cook with it) so I can have a fun cheese eatin', wine drinkin' High School Musical 2 Party tomorrow night!!! :) wooohoooo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter