5 people

momz

DIS Veteran
Where can we stay with 5 people? We are planning to visit in March. DD's boyfriend will be joining us. so this is the first time we will have 5 people. We are budget travelers, so would like to keep things as economical as possible.

If you want a Disney resort, the most economical would probably be a cabin at Fort Wilderness. 1 queen and bunks in the bedroom and a sleeper in the living room. You might also look at getting two rooms at All-Star Music, as that may be less and would give you two bathrooms.

is it possible to stay off site and visit the parks? I'm guessing it is not. But maybe for people with annual passes?
I need to do a ton more research. We really want to go, but not sure about the cost for 5 people onsite.

is it possible to stay off site and visit the parks? I'm guessing it is not. But maybe for people with annual passes?
I need to do a ton more research. We really want to go, but not sure about the cost for 5 people onsite.
You can definitely stay off-site and go to the parks! You would just be pulled from a different "bucket" when it comes to park days, so your best bet would be to buy your tickets and make your park reservations ASAP

Yes, you can stay offsite and visit the parks. Just make sure you look into the transportation options from offsite resorts. If you want to stay onsite I’d recommend 2 rooms at a value resort. Or if you choose offsite, I recommend looking into the Disney Springs resorts. They have decent complimentary transportation to and from the parks and being walking distance from DS is awesome.

If you want a Disney resort, the most economical would probably be a cabin at Fort Wilderness. 1 queen and bunks in the bedroom and a sleeper in the living room. You might also look at getting two rooms at All-Star Music, as that may be less and would give you two bathrooms.
All Star Music isn’t open (nor does it have an opening date at this point). Movies opens on February.

Yes, you can stay offsite and visit the parks. Just make sure you look into the transportation options from offsite resorts. If you want to stay onsite I’d recommend 2 rooms at a value resort. Or if you choose offsite, I recommend looking into the Disney Springs resorts. They have decent complimentary transportation to and from the parks and being walking distance from DS is awesome.
I believe the Disney Springs resorts are not running buses to the theme parks currently due to Covid restrictions.

Sorry, I meant Movies

staying offsite is a complete possibility. You might want to look into renting a home in the area, those can be a very good value. But then make sure that you account for either a rental car and parking fees or using car service back-and-forth.

Depending on the ages, I'd definitely look at 2 rooms at a value....mainly to get 4 guaranteed sleeping surfaces and 2 bathrooms

We have 5 in our family. Our best options have been 2 rooms at POP and a family suite at AOA. Both gave us two bathrooms. AOA was nice for the living area and microwave. POP was nice to have two separate areas - our daughters could close off their room and have some privacy.

POP. 2 rooms. It costs more than All-stars, but we find the SKY LINER awesome and expedient for HS and EPCOT>

You didn’t mention the ages of the DD and boyfriend, but I’d assume they are (maybe young) adults? I’d also go with two rooms at Pop. They likely will want their own room! I wouldn’t share a room with that many people in any circumstance, but I’d also expect him to pay his way (or for the room for them).

Running into this same exact situation also. I am looking at booking a September trip. I would have really liked to have booked a suite at AS Music, but not sure when that will open. I may end up booking two rooms at Pop or AS Movies. If AS Music opens up before the trip, I will see if I can change the reservations to that resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter