.5 loss - better then nothing

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
I am still really struggling to get back into things. No more vacations for me I guess:( ;) . I have gotten my eatting (for the most part) under control but it is the exercise part that is giving me a hard time. As I said previously my VCR died and Walmart was out of the one I wanted to get. I did walk for about 15 mins on a work break yesterday, so that is better then nothing at all. I am going to play fix it women this evening and see if I can figure out why it won't stay on and why it is blinking 2. I really need to get my butt moving. Exercise helps me so much in just staying on track and it wards off my evening munchies.

So, I am down .5 # this week and now where near my goal of 5# by May 16th but that's okay, I can live with that. Next week is TOM, which won't help but I WILL NOT let these set backs deffiate me.

I stalled for 6 weeks...not even one ounce during that time, and it was really getting to me. Katholyn suggested I measure, and low and behold I had lost inches. I think that inches for me is what makes me feel better. In the last 2 months I haven't lost all that much, but I have lost 16.75 inches...which really helped with the keeping me motivated :) You can do it.... :) :)

I stalled for the entire month of February and most of April. It happens.

What we need to remember is to not give up.

Think about it this way...if you had <i>gained</i> .5 pounds, how would you feel? Would be more upset about gaining .5 pounds than you are <i>happy</i> about losing .5 pounds?

You are making progress. .5 pounds in one week is 26 pounds in a year. Duct tape a stick of butter to each of your wrists and leave it there for a while. I wonder how long it would take for you to be tired of carrying it around? Well, that's how much weight you took off your body last week. I think that means you are making progress. That tells me you are a success.

Now cheer up. You're doing great! You just aren't happy with the speed of your success. That's not fair to your body, it's doing the best it can ;)

I've seen weeks when I wished I lost .5 lbs. Don't get discouraged. You're doing great!!:D

disneychrista,
I am sorry things are going kind of rough. I don't know if you have a Target by you, but they have placed a lot of their electronics on clearance - some up to 75% off. Maybe you can find a vcr there? I saw several vcrs at mine today, as well as 5-6 dvd players, when I went to pick up my pictures.

Stick with it and measure yourself too! That helps keep me motivated as well!! You can do it! I know you WILL do it!! :wave:

Hang in there, disneychrista!! As long as you keep hanging around the WISHers, we'll keep you motivated!

Good luck-
Lois

You are doing great!! At least it wasn't a gain!! :):) Keep it up, you will get to that goal soon!! :)

1/2 lb off is MUCH better than 1/2 lb on.
The way I view these losses is that it IS a loss and not a gain.

You may not think it's much but you're a 1/2 lb closer to your goal.

Keep going, you can do it.:)

You're darn right a .5 pound is better than nothing! It's awesome!!!

You are getting back into the swing of things now! :) Just keep moving forward, forget about the past. Goals are meant to be reevaluated, no problems there!!! It doesnt' matter how fast it comes off, just that you stick with it and keep trying!!! :) You'll be much happier in the end!

I have so much faith in you!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks everyone. I am determined to do this. And I will get back to exercising, even if I have to drive the hour it takes to the next bigger town to get a VCR. :D

I did measure last night, with some + and some - but a net -2.5, from the beginning of April.

Christa, you have a great attitude! You CAN do it and remember a .5 loss is better than a .5 gain! :)
Get to work, girl!!
CC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter