5 fun days in San Francisco -- with pics!

Funny thing - I've lived in SJ nearly my whole life and have never been inside the Winchester Mystery House! I drive by it all the time but still haven't actually been there. Maybe one day...

You are no doubt typical of San Jose natives, unless they went to the Winchester House on a school field trip. The only reasons I know anything about the tourist sites in San Francisco are that I was a retail clerk out at the Cliff House for three years and worked as a photographer at the Giants games for two seasons. I was asked all of the time about places I never went to. People from all over the world knew more about the restaurants and so forth of San Francisco than I did. Of course, tourists tend to have more money than locals do in addition to having nothing else to do but see the sights.

;) I grew up in San Jose and I have never been there either. We used to go to the old Century Theaters that were right next door. The jeweler that made my wedding ring was in the old Town and Country and still....never been inside the place, don't think it ever occured to us to go in

I wonder if the supposed trend toward "stay-cations" that the media is claiming is occuring will make much difference in residents seeing the sights in their own hometowns. How much time and money is actually being spent that way? "Or do the "stay-cationers" just spend their "stay-cations" watching television at home?

Lisa,

Thanks so much for your help. We just returned from our trip and were able to tour the Mystery House before making our flight. However, it was tight and we had to rush through the garden. Fortunately, a tour starts every 15 minutes so we were able to get one soon after we arrived with enough time to eat their extraordinarily expensive food.

The house was maginificant. The craftsmanship used to carve all of the wood stair railings and the Tiffany stained glass were phenomenal.

Thanks again!

Wendy, I am glad to hear that you had a good time and managed to squeeze in the Winchester Mystery House, too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter