Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

So ... Yankees postseason ticket presale started today, and I was very excited to learn yesterday that I was selected for access to the pre-sale. I spoke to my dad (and my brother, who was actually not interested) and he said $100/ticket limit (which is way more than we usually pay, but ... it's the playoffs).

Presale started at 10. I wanted to get to work around 9:40-9:45, but didn't get in until 9:50. Was all set up and on the Yankees and Ticketmaster websites. I finally got in ... and the cheapest seats were $111 for the Wild Card game (which honestly is what I really wanted to go to) and $121 for the ALDS games (which I think is what my dad wanted to go to).
So ... that was a no. I'll check StubHub in a few days (and again as it gets closer to the game) to see if we can get something within our budget, but I'm not optimistic.

Man, playoff tickets are expensive!

A few more things, before I forget:

1 - I need to remember to email NYRR about medal engraving. The timing doesn't work for me. I don't think anything will come of this, but I want to at least ask if they're willing to work with me.

2 - Dealing with the Fitbit support team right now. Based on my prior experiences with them (and how this one started ...), I'm not expecting great success. But who knows. I may be wrong.
UPDATE: It's dead and cannot be revived. Since they don't make this model anymore, they can't replace it. Oh well. We had 5 good years together. Guess I'm exclusively a Garmin person now.
(Unless I want to get another Fitbit, which I don't really, because I don't want another wrist-based device and they don't make the clip ones anymore)

3 - I really want to have my race suspense post up this week. It's mostly done. So hopefully I can knock it out soon.

4 - Is it a bad idea to go to a work happy hour tomorrow and then do a barre3 class? Asking for a friend. (Said friend may also switch Friday's tempo run to tomorrow and do an easy run on Friday because she's crazy and also doesn't want to do a tempo run at 5am on no sleep on the treadmill)

5 - I don't know what to name my new shoes!!!!! Help!!!
View attachment 350595
Here are some ideas:
Smoke (Wisps)
Sea Breeze
First Light
Morning Light
???

So ... Yankees postseason ticket presale started today, and I was very excited to learn yesterday that I was selected for access to the pre-sale. I spoke to my dad (and my brother, who was actually not interested) and he said $100/ticket limit (which is way more than we usually pay, but ... it's the playoffs).
I had the opportunity to attend an A's playoff game back in high school. The atmosphere was electric. My dad and brother went to a Giants World Series game in 2002, and I had a ticket lined up had they made the World Series in 2003, but unfortunately for me that didn't happen.

All that said, good for you for sticking to your price point. It would be all too easy for me to say "oh that's not too much over my maximum price, so I'll go for it."

Here are some ideas:
Smoke (Wisps)
Sea Breeze
First Light
Morning Light
???

Great suggestions - thank you!! I really like Smoke Wisps and Sea Breeze ... but they're all good thoughts. Thanks!

I had the opportunity to attend an A's playoff game back in high school. The atmosphere was electric. My dad and brother went to a Giants World Series game in 2002, and I had a ticket lined up had they made the World Series in 2003, but unfortunately for me that didn't happen.

Cool! My brother and sister went to a game in 2009, but I've never been. My brother also went in 2009 when they were broadcasting away games on the big screen at the Stadium - that was different but also cool. I've heard that playoff games are really like nothing else.

All that said, good for you for sticking to your price point. It would be all too easy for me to say "oh that's not too much over my maximum price, so I'll go for it."

Thanks. It was definitely tough - only an extra $11 for the wild card - but with the fees, it would have been crazy. I'm sad to not have the tickets, but I don't think I would have been happy paying $250 for two tickets in the nosebleeds.

My eye is drawn to the bottom, which makes me think of Peach Melba, which makes me hungry. I would also refer to them as 'the bridesmaid' as the color combo makes me think of a bad bridesmaid dress someone suggested.

I like Peach Melba. I was thinking something peach because of the bottom, but I'm not entirely sold on it. (I'll skip the bridesmaid one, if that's okay with you ... but I would like to see a picture of this bad bridesmaid dress if you have one).

Ticket prices for good seats anywhere are crazy. We want to get tickets for a concert that goes on sale tomorrow. I’m expecting over $100 each after all the fees are added on.

I still really like the colors on those shoes.

That's a really pretty picture! So it has to be considered as a shoe name because of the picture :)

Ticket prices for good seats anywhere are crazy. We want to get tickets for a concert that goes on sale tomorrow. I’m expecting over $100 each after all the fees are added on.

Yeah. It's so frustrating. Having fun is waaaay too expensive.

I still really like the colors on those shoes.

Thanks! I like them too (just not quite as much as I loved them online).

I've heard that playoff games are really like nothing else.
You have the bunting, the fans really amped up, and a whole lot on the line. Definitely a different atmosphere.

It was definitely tough - only an extra $11 for the wild card - but with the fees, it would have been crazy. I'm sad to not have the tickets, but I don't think I would have been happy paying $250 for two tickets in the nosebleeds.
Those fees really do add up. And the nosebleeds can make a difference. I have a certain area of AT&T Park that I choose only as a last measure. The entire park offers great views of the field, but left field nosebleeds cannot see the jumbotron very well.

Those fees really do add up. And the nosebleeds can make a difference. I have a certain area of AT&T Park that I choose only as a last measure. The entire park offers great views of the field, but left field nosebleeds cannot see the jumbotron very well.

We'll sit in the upper deck either behind homeplate or on one of the baselines, but I try to avoid the last few rows. But I hate sitting in the outfield because the view of the field and the big screens just isn't great. (Although I have sat behind right field a few times, but that was field level and the tickets were a gift from someone, so that's an entirely different story)

Candlestick Park had some really bad baseball views even behind home plate in the expensive seats, so they designed AT&T Park to have great views of the game no matter where you sat. Obviously, some views are better than others.

In 2016, I happened to be in LA one day while the Dodgers were hosting the Cubs for the NLCS Playoffs. I checked tickets and I want to say they were about $100 for nosebleeds, but I committed. I was alone and way up high, but the energy was insane and being able to watch the Cubs lose that game (even though we know how that year ended) was amazing. (I cried real sad tears when the Cubs won the WS....)

Man, playoff tickets are expensive!

One of the benefits of being a Mets fan! :drinking1

In 2016, I happened to be in LA one day while the Dodgers were hosting the Cubs for the NLCS Playoffs. I checked tickets and I want to say they were about $100 for nosebleeds, but I committed. I was alone and way up high, but the energy was insane and being able to watch the Cubs lose that game (even though we know how that year ended) was amazing. (I cried real sad tears when the Cubs won the WS....)
The 2016 Cubs. Where Joe Maddon did everything he possibly could to lose that World Series and still failed.

The guy sitting next to me on the train is wearing a nyrr jacket, like the kind the nyrr staff have, and I want to make friends with him, but I'm wearing earbuds and he's wearing earbuds and it would be awkward.

Stupid Cubs. I was rooting for the Dodgers in that series.

One of the benefits of being a Mets fan! :drinking1

Don't you mean the only benefit of being a Mets fan?

I am no help on naming shoes. Speaking of shoes I really need to get some.

If the Brewers make the playoffs (which is very likely at this point) I won't be going to the games but probably will be working them. We are very rarely a playoff team so I would definitely pony up the money if I wasn't working.

I like Peach Melba. I was thinking something peach because of the bottom, but I'm not entirely sold on it. (I'll skip the bridesmaid one, if that's okay with you ... but I would like to see a picture of this bad bridesmaid dress if you have one).
hats.jpg
97a2274452f087a1d63af832205faa34.jpg

This is the type of wedding photos I recall seeing growing up (internet photos, not my family). In the late 80s my mom did alterations in a wedding dress store, so I got to play dress up in a more shiny satin with puffy sleeves and bow filled version while she was there working. It left an impression. So when I went to a shop and they pulled out bridesmaid dresses in the same color in an admittedly updated style, I still gagged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!