5 Boroughs, 4 Parks, 3 WDWMW Medals, 2 Cups of Coffee ... 1 Runner

SarahDisney

So ... Yeah
Me: I had a crap run today, so I'm going to go to 5:15pm barre to at least end my day on a good note
Also Me: *Schedules a phone call for exactly when I'd have to leave for barre*

I'm gonna see if I can make it to the 6:30pm class, even though that means late dinner. On the plus side, I'll probably have a better view of the 9/11 tribute lights from down there (although I'm sure I can see them from my corner too).

EDIT: ... And apparently 6:30 is full and I just didn't notice :(. I don't really want to have to deal with the waitlist and then going down there to see if I get in. Sigh.

EDIT#2: I'm in! I put myself on the waitlist, then I checked again and I wasn't on the waitlist, but the class was available, so I booked it. Man, getting into barre classes is hard sometimes.

Last edited:

SarahDisney

So ... Yeah
Quick Sunday Schedule/Food Thoughts

Originally I was planning to volunteer at the 18 mile training run on Sunday, then run my 2.25 hours (which would have given me an opportunity to test the idea of eating a meal before my run, which I never do, but I think I will have to do for the marathon). But between the fact that my volunteer shift was apparently scheduled to start at 5:30 (I could have sworn it was 6 or 6:30) and the fact that we're planning to go to the Mets game on Sunday night, I cancelled that.

However ... I still want to test eating before the run. Weather permitting, I'm thinking get up at 6, eat then (preferably be done by 6:30), then go out for my run around 8-8:30 (which would have me finishing around 10:30-11ish). If it's gonna be hot on Sunday, then I may have to move the timetable up an hour and get up at 5 (and then drink allllllllllll the coffee, which is not a bad thing necessarily).

I just have no idea what to eat. Any thoughts? No meat, no quinoa (I'm allergic), and preferably something that is easily portable, so that if it works out and I decide to do it for marathon day, I can take it to the race and eat in the start village.
I'm thinking maybe an omelet on a bagel? My first thought was overnight oatmeal, but that's not super portable because I'm very attached to my oatmeal container and will not be discarding it in the start village (I'm not checking a bag, so anything I bring to the start village gets tossed).

garneska

DIS Veteran
uncrustables. Very transportable and easy to get. If you have stuff to just make PB and J at home that works as well. You can use a bagel or bread. i like the uncrustable because it is packaged up and easy to get and eat anywhere.

Edited to add i like the whole wheat pb and honey version

• MissLiss279

DIS Veteran
    I usually eat a bagel with peanut butter before a marathon, but when your race starts later than most races because of all the people... I might need a little more. I think your idea of a bagel and omelet sounds good.

SarahDisney

So ... Yeah
    uncrustables. Very transportable and easy to get. If you have stuff to just make PB and J at home that works as well. You can use a bagel or bread. i like the uncrustable because it is packaged up and easy to get and eat anywhere.

Edited to add i like the whole wheat pb and honey version
    Good call! Uncrustables used to be my go-to post-race meal (ie I always stuffed one in my bag check bag), but I stopped buying them after the move because of the smaller freezer. It might be worth buying a box and finding a way to stuff them into the small freezer (taking them out of the box would probably be the first step).

I usually eat a bagel with peanut butter before a marathon, but when your race starts later than most races because of all the people... I might need a little more. I think your idea of a bagel and omelet sounds good.
    I was thinking bagel and PB at first, but figured the omelet might be a more substantial meal. I'm still not planning to eat until a few hours before the race (probably once I get to the start village), but at that point I will have been up for a few hours and might be hangry.

SarahDisney

So ... Yeah
    I do not have bagels ... or an excessive amount of eggs (I think we have two) ... or Uncrustables ... or anything to eat for lunch today (yes, it's almost 2pm and I haven't eaten lunch yet) ... or any desire to go outside...
    It's gonna be an interesting weekend.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates