5 Boroughs, 4 Parks, 3 WDW Marathon Weekend Races, 2 Cups of Coffee ... 1 Runner

Discussion in 'Training Journals' started by SarahDisney, Dec 3, 2017.

1. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

This is why I shouldn't be allowed on the internet. Honestly, I dont have a problem with the National League. I think they should probably be allowed to have 30 players on their roster because they have to use so many pinch hitters and relief pitchers because apparently relievers cant bat (... which is yet another argument for the DH - just take those pinch hitters and make them the DH), but it is what it is.
    Seriously ... Sarah is not allowed on the internet anymore.

Sleepless Knight and rteetz like this.
  2. Capang

Capang DIS Veteran

Well, we didn't lose to the Steelers and that hasn't happened in years. For real, Roethlisberger has more wins at Browns stadium than our last 3 quarterbacks combined. So we will take it.

SarahDisney and rteetz like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

I love how this thread is all about professional sports.

5. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

True. Nobody was expecting that one. So ... 0-0-16?

When I was younger, the only things I cared about were sports and politics. I've gotten a little burned out on politics. So ... now it's sports and Disney.

Which reminds me ... 20 DAYS UNTIL NHL OPENING DAY!!

---

In an unrelated note ... I forgot to charge my Garmin. I don't have the charger at work. If this thing dies and I can't revive it like my Fitbit, I will be a very unhappy Sarah (as opposed to my usual "mildly unhappy" Sarah). (I'm down to 9%, so it's not dying just yet, but I probably won't have time to charge it before Saturday night)

rteetz and Capang like this.
  6. Capang

Capang DIS Veteran

You're too optimistic. 0-15-1.

That stinks about the charger. Ugh.

SarahDisney likes this.
  7. rteetz

I don't follow the NHL mainly because we don't have a team. I do like college Hockey because we have pretty good teams at Wisconsin.

TheHamm and SarahDisney like this.
  8. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

This isn't the running thread. College sports are not allowed here.
    If you're looking for an NHL team to root for, I recommend the Rangers. Hopefully now that Alain Vigneault (the worst coach ever) is gone we'll get ourselves a drink from Lord Stanley's Cup.

rteetz likes this.
  9. jennamfeo

jennamfeo Powered by Pizza

#GoldenKnights

SarahDisney and rteetz like this.
  10. rteetz

I’ll be honest I was pulling for them in the final.

SarahDisney likes this.
  11. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

I dunno, your boys couldn't finish it last year, I'm not convinced.
    (I mean, I was rooting pretty hard for the Golden Knights, but that was at least 70% because of how much I hate Ovi)

TheHamm likes this.
  12. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

Also ... we're doing a very bad job of keeping me away from the internet.

13. jennamfeo

jennamfeo Powered by Pizza

It's fiiiiine. Just say here with us. We are allowed to banter. It's what makes the internet fun.

14. Sleepless Knight

Sleepless Knight Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess

No worries. I have plenty of friends that I disagree with about the DH yet we all love baseball. While my preference is no DH, so as they do not make everyone use the DH all the time, I'm fine with the status quo.

I like how it turned into a discussion about the National League vs the American League.

The Bay Area as a whole will not get excited about hockey until after the Sharks win the Stanley Cup. And after the parade, they'll collectively return to not caring. But the hardcore Sharks fans out here are always excited about their Sharks. The Sharks do just fine. They're just not as prominent as the NFL teams, MLB teams, or the Warriors.

rteetz and SarahDisney like this.
  15. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

The Sharks are making some big moves (okay, they made one big move). I think they want that parade this season.
    (I like the Sharks. They're on my list of "hockey teams that I will randomly root for as long as their winning doesn't negatively affect the Rangers.")

Dis5150 and Sleepless Knight like this.
  16. TheHamm

TheHamm Mouseketeer

Aren't Sharks fans just people who grew up places where there should be hockey (i.e. you can have ice and pond hockey) that were transplanted to somewhere there should not be ice?

Sleepless Knight and SarahDisney like this.
  17. Jules76126

Jules76126 Practically Perfect in Every Way

The internet is all the fun I got today. We were literally evacuated from our apartment last night due to massive fires and gas explosions. I had to go buy clothes this morning as we don’t know when we can get back in. So I am enjoying this banter immensely.

18. Bree

Bree DIS Veteran

I miss living around hockey fans!!!! My son used to play hockey up North, but their league really sucked where we moved and he ended up quitting. I miss ringing my cowbell at his hockey games.
    (Go Bruins!)

TheHamm and SarahDisney like this.
  19. Bree

Bree DIS Veteran

OMG! You were caught up in that? I’m glad you are ok!

SarahDisney likes this.
  20. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

Yikes. I heard about the fires/explosions/evacuations but didn't realize you were in an evacuated area. We will continue to internet for your entertainment. (And I think we can both agree that the AL is better than the NL ... even though the NL isn't terrible)
    I hope you guys can get back into your apartment soon!

Yuck

21. Sleepless Knight

Sleepless Knight Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess

I honestly don't know. I've never been to a Sharks game. I'm somewhat aware of how they're doing during the season and a tiny bit more aware in the playoffs. I know they lost in the Stanley Cup Finals fairly recently. At least some of my Sharks fans friends grew up here in the Bay Area so they came to the sport somehow. I have heard that attending a hockey game will alter how you perceive the game.

Hope you can get back in soon. I have friends in Utah affected by a fire right now.

See what I did there? Where's that casually whistling emojii when I need it?

SarahDisney likes this.