5/29 Show Notes

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
SPECIAL REPORT - Update on the first Disney Cruise Line Mediterranean Cruise - Report from the ship!

In this episode, we’ll tell you about the top news stories on the DIS this week, including the story about the five New Yorkers that have been banned for life from Walt Disney World. Disney Cruise Line is doing its first cruise in the Mediterranean, and we’ll talk with Dreams agent Tracy Whipple who is currently on board the Magic with her report from the ship, and information on the parties being held on board for the DIS’ers and Dreams clients in attendance. Kevin Klose reviews one of his favorite off property dining spots – the Orlando Ale House in Lake Buena Vista. In Forum Watch this week, we’ll tell you about what we’re reading on the DISBoards –ALSO, stay tuned at the end of our show when we award the first of our monthly prizes to a lucky listener that sent us an email that we read on our show. All that plus roundtable rapidfire and our expanded weekly listener email segment on this edition of the DIS Unplugged.

News Stories in this weeks podcast:
- Pirates opening weekend figures
- Five people from New York arrested at Walt Disney World
- Unions extend contract negotiations for 30 days

Links from this weeks discussion topics:
- Michael Smart Disneyland photo gallery
- Disney Cruise Line Mediteranean Cruise Info

This weeks "Forum Watch" Threads:
- Southwest DING fares to Orlando
- Crocs
- WISH Forum
- DIS Meets - Ladies Only Trip in November
- Disney World Picture of the Day

Links from this weeks Email discussions:
- Disney Vacation Club (FAQ's | Discussion | DVC Resales)
- Construction photos from Contemporary Resort (rumored to be the next DVC resort)
- Magical Express Info
- Marriage Proposals Ideas(DISBoards.com )
- Airline deals and information
( FareCast.com | Spirit Airlines | Southwest DING alerts)

So, any confirmation on exactly how people get banned from the park permanently? Is it the finger-thingie like Julie suggested or do they keep mugshots in the security offices like Vegas?

--Mr. DB

The link takes you to the threads that relate to CROC discussions.

Is there something else you are looking for?

Kevin

The CROC link is wrong :-(

if you're looking to buy Crocs you can just go to http://www.crocs.com or I would suggest going to eBay if your local department stores dont' carry them. (Owner of 3 pairs of Crocs with a 4th on the way)

btw, Kevin you really need a pair of these

bad9_1_sbl.JPG

aarrggghh...dems be Pirate Crocs, matey! (and yes, unlike the Disney Crocs they do come in XXL..I'm a size 13 so I feel your pain)

--Mr. DB

Would love a pair of the Pirate Crocs...but they dont make them in my size.

I have BIG feet

Just wanted to make some comments on the Ladies-only Trip.

This is actually our second one. The first was in Sept. of '06. We had about 45 ladies join us for all or part of the trip.

Some were local to the FL area and others came all the way from the West coast, and every where in between.

We have all ages. Some are married, some not. Some with kids, some without. But no men or kids are allowed on the trip. Hence, the term ladies-only. Heck, you don't really even have to be a "lady", but you must be female. ;)

The main thing we have in common is a love of Disney and a desire to get away solo, make friends, and have some fun. :cool1:

The reference thread is about 48 pages long right now, but some of it is just chatting, don't feel like you have to read every page. There are updated lists on the first page that have most of the info so far.

(Oh, and 48 pages is nothing. :rolleyes1 Our old chat thread was over 10,000 pages long with over 800,000 views.)

Anyways, if anyone has any questions they can ask on the thread or send me a PM if they want more info. :thumbsup2

Just FYI - Crocs do have support in them. See the crocs website at http://www.crocs.com/products/footwear/why.jsp - Item #10 on why to wear crocs is "10.) Orthotic molded foot bed for ultimate comfort and support
"

The only other shoes I can wear for any length of time are athletic shoes with custom orthotic inserts - the support in Crocs are great!

pdarrah

I was listening to the email discussion, and it seemed to cut off at 23:34? Anyone else have this problem?
I really want to hear more from Pete about the soda mugs.

So, any confirmation on exactly how people get banned from the park permanently? Is it the finger-thingie like Julie suggested or do they keep mugshots in the security offices like Vegas?

--Mr. DB

I would guess its the 'finger-thingie' plus a mugshot if you get banned?!
I am so glad they did get banned though.. it amazes me that people, of any ages, would go somewhere as magical as wdw and act so antisocially. :confused3

Last summer I saw a lady try and steal another families stroller near 'It's Tough to Be a Bug' in AK.. the disney security guy was there and was saying she had to leave the park - I felt sorry for her kids, imagine trying to explain to young children why you had to leave!! :rolleyes2

Barbie xxx

Last summer I saw a lady try and steal another families stroller near 'It's Tough to Be a Bug' in AK.. the disney security guy was there and was saying she had to leave the park - I felt sorry for her kids, imagine trying to explain to young children why you had to leave!! :rolleyes2

Barbie xxx

I would say that they're probably used to mom being a thief which is even sadder (because I'm sure that wasn't her first time). :rolleyes2:

--Mr. DB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!