5/22 Show notes

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
This week the team discusses the top news stories on the DIS this week, including the latest on Disney's contract negotiations with six of its unions.

In our Roundtable Rapidfire segment, we tell you about a new attraction opening at Kennedy Space Center on May 25th, information on the performers for Epcot's Food and Wine festival this year, and more discounts on Disney's Mediterranean cruises.

We also introduce two new features this week - "Stump the Roundtable" where Pete asks the team to answer a question based on something discussed in this weeks show and "Forum Watch", where we tell you about items of interest on our discussion boards.

Also, starting this week, we'll be doing a separate email show each week in order to get to as many listener questions and comments as possible.

Listen to this weeks show at http://podcast.wdwinfo.com

Links to this weeks "Forum Watch" discussions:

Resort Room Photos
Disney Tattoo's Thread
Haunted Room at Pop Century
Monorail Marriage proposal
Disney tips you're glad you listened to
People who think traveling to Disney once is enough

Links to this weeks news stories:

Disney to offer "On Demand" cable channel thru Time Warner and Cablevision.

Disneyland premier of Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End

Disney cast members vote down proposed contract

Links to this weeks topics:

- Food and Wine Festival "Eat to the Beat" info for 2007
- Current discounts at Walt Disney World
- Discounts on Disney Cruise Line Mediteranean Cruises
- Disney's #1 Fan
- Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II for the Playstation
- Disney Vacation Club info | DVC Discussion
- Disney Vacation Club resales thru the Timeshare Store
- DVC Rent/Trade Board (Rent DVC points)
- Sheraton Park Hotel - Anaheim

love this weeks show. :thumbsup2

I love the discussion especially the part about people taking a table while someone else gets the food was riot. Julies descrpition was so funny I almost lost some tonic outta my nose!

I can't believe you guys brought up pool hopping and the mugs!!:rotfl2: So funny! I love that you guys touched this issue it was great.

Great show this week!!:banana:

ETA I saw the tatoo guy last year on the monorail he was very nice and everyone was talking to him.

Another who enjoys both the chemistry of the team and information/opinions that are shared.

Can't wait to hear how Bob and John get on on the Saturday at the Magic Kingdom :rotfl: ;)

Love the show!

Just wanted to say that there seem to be reports that the PoC game on the Nintendo DS will have the download hotspots at BOTH DisneyLand and DisneyWorld. I've seen articles several places - one can be found at http://www.nintendic.com/news/507.

Keep up the great job - I download the podcast every Tuesday!

pdarrah

:thumbsup2 :woohoo: "I have to tell ya"---I had such fun listening to this week's podcasts---I listen every week now (of all things to do in life, THIS is the thing I do consistently?! Well, that and thinking about my next trip to visit the mouse!). My favorite moments: The Platter--Flubber (Julie's movie guesses were great!)--I smell dead people---NBD---Little Richard--Pete's chortle (I adore him) and his "Vertigo" spinning story---Co-pilot for life---and lastly the new Forum Watch (this was a nice addition--not to mention the new give aways!).

Highlight of the night---Cory's squirrel :scared1: accident. Oh my--maybe
I need to go buy some cough meds! The show is always entertaining and informative.

Just wanted to say that there seem to be reports that the PoC game on the Nintendo DS will have the download hotspots at BOTH DisneyLand and DisneyWorld.

That's good news. My DS was seriously bummed when he first heard it would just be Disneyland.

Now if they'd just come out with Kingdom Hearts for Xbox. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup2 :woohoo: "I have to tell ya"---I had such fun listening to this week's podcasts---I listen every week now (of all things to do in life, THIS is the thing I do consistently?! Well, that and thinking about my next trip to visit the mouse!). My favorite moments: The Platter--Flubber (Julie's movie guesses were great!)--I smell dead people---NBD---Little Richard--Pete's chortle (I adore him) and his "Vertigo" spinning story---Co-pilot for life---and lastly the new Forum Watch (this was a nice addition--not to mention the new give aways!).

Highlight of the night---Cory's squirrel :scared1: accident. Oh my--maybe
I need to go buy some cough meds! The show is always entertaining and informative.

My poor squirrel. :squirrel: The thing that was so unique about him (Yoshi) was that he wouldn’t run away. This was 10 years ago, but I used to bring him to the sculpture yard on campus to let him find acorns, and he would always come back. :squirrel:

I didn’t think to check the comforter before I sat on the bed.

The comedians at the Comedy Club were a little stumped by the story, but they asked the audience for something unique. They actually created a very funny improv act with it and their punch line involved a chicken, and me choking it.

Pete, just wanted to let you know I love the podcast!!!

I am also excited you opened this thread. Sometimes I want to comment on some of the topics you talk about on the show, but not sure if everyone on the Disboards listens to it (although I am sure they should be!).

Thanks for an entertaining podcast!!

P.S. The Universal podcast also gets a :thumbsup2 from me too!

Hello! Loved the podcast this week as usual...lots of great info.

In regards to the News story about the Pirates debut at Disneyland, I wanted to share my dissappointment with the media. The debut of course was covered by media everywhere, and on the numerous news stories I saw regarding the debut, not one time did anyone mention that Disney had raised the money for the Make A Wish Foundation. Each report seemed to go on it's way like it was a normal debut, with no kudos to Disney for the 3 million dollars they raised for this charity. It seems like every time there is a Tigger incident, or unfortunate accident at any Disney park, the media is all over it, but when Disney does something good...very good...it's not enough for ratings or to sell papers. Just my two cents.

this weeks podcasts rocks just like all the others (and my comment had nothing to do with an appearance by a certain someone's name on the email show even though I wish I could have rewritten my question to make more sense). I was actually surprised that there wasn't a weekly podcast discussion thread before now. I tried to start one but i got ignored. Oh well...this works better anyways..

--Mr. DB

Another who enjoys both the chemistry of the team and information/opinions that are shared.

Can't wait to hear how Bob and John get on on the Saturday at the Magic Kingdom :rotfl: ;)

ITA!

You guys are a hoot! :rotfl:

I listen mostly at work, and I find myself laughing out load quite frequently! :lmao:

Hello to all of you and just wanted to say that putting this forum up was a great idea. I think your going to get quite a bit of activity here, and it will also draw new listeners to the show, which is a great show by the way.

Nice work to all of you!

My poor squirrel. :squirrel: The thing that was so unique about him (Yoshi) was that he wouldn’t run away. This was 10 years ago, but I used to bring him to the sculpture yard on campus to let him find acorns, and he would always come back. :squirrel:

10 years ago?! Corey, how old are you? I thought that you were 25-26!

Good grief Corey the squirrel is gone - let it go!!!

:rolleyes:

John

:lmao: :rotfl2:

Where's the :love: , John?!

Yoshi will live forever in these boards ;) I added a new smiley in his name :squirrel:

:lmao: Sorry but your story reminded me of an aunt who took her sick budgie to the vet in a shoe box. She complained about how much the treatment cost to the conductor on the bus on the way home. As she was getting off she tripped flattening the box. The bus was in hysterics :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!