40th Birthday Suggestions

Tinkermom84

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

A group of friends and I are thinking to head to Disney for my 40th in October. We would be there Thursday night to Monday afternoon. Any suggestions on things we should do to make this trip unique and special?

Right now we plan on drinking around the world but other than that we are open to ideas.😉

I'm doing just this trip with my friends in 10 days! I'm an AP so I'm dragging my best friends to Disney for a few days. Some are staying at the Swan Reserve and some are over at Coronado - I let everyone pick their choice of resort based on budget - it's NBD at Disney to stay together when you are all adults.

Here is the agenda I put together so that it wouldn't be a huge cost for them with tickets:

Agenda:
Wednesday: Travel Day / Disney Springs
Thursday: Park Day - Magic Kingdom
Friday: Park Day - Epcot
Saturday: Pool/Spa & Monorail food crawl; dinner at Il Mulino
Sunday: Breakfast / Travel Home

I only planned 1 sit-down dinner and I chose Il Mulino at the Swan because it was easy to book for 10 on OpenTable and it could accommodate some food allergies in my group very easily.

I wanted to give everyone a chance to ride the "new" stuff - Tron & GOTG and we'll also be at Epcot for Day 1 of Festival of the Arts!

We did a fireworks cruise for my DW 40th birthday. Cake and snacks, and a private boat for an incredible private fireworks show. Not too pricey, but a memorable evening for our whole party.

Fireworks cruise, Monorail crawl, Skyliner crawl are all great suggestions… Even if you don’t do a full monorail crawl, I would recommend taking the time to go over to trader Sam’s and get at least one drink inside the bar… It is so much fun… I also recommend Going to California Grill for dinner and watching fireworks… Bonus… You can order a special cake from the bakers for your birthday… check out the cake chatter thread for all the details on how to do that and what different cakes look like…attached is my haunted mansion cake from my 40th. Have fun!

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpeg
    IMG_0081.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 4
I went last year for my 40th and had a nice steak. I was solo so nothing wild but I'd love to drink around the world with some freinds!

I am doing this exact thing for my 40th in December with friends -- thoughts:

-Monorail Crawl (we did this in February; hit Trader Sam's patio, Enchanted Rose, and finished with drinks/dinner at Steakhouse 71)
-Our big highlight is we are doing a VIP tour one of the days - really looking forward to it; huge expenditure of course, but excited
-Would like to try "the big one" at Victoria & Albert's one of these bigger trips
-I have heard great things about a lot of the tours - Keys to the Kingdom, Wild Trek, Caring for Giants, etc.
-Personally, any semblance of "nicer" meals are great for highlight trips IMO
-If you can find it, an upgrade room could be fun too - Savannah View at AKL, Boardwalk view at Boardwalk, etc.

Def fireworks cruise! Or a dining package during fireworks time at epcot/Cali grille.
Tours are great as well if you have hardcore disney fans in the group.
Coronado has had sangria university and some sort of craft class.
Spa afternoon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter