40th birthday girls trip...

Disneymom1126

DIS Veteran
Planning a 40th birthday trip with friends in the fall. I have never been as an adult without young kids. We definitely will spend time at food and wine, but what are other favorites for adults in the parks and Disney Springs? Specifically thinking food and libations lol

That sounds like fun! I think no matter what you decide to do, it will be fun. We like Teppan Edo for the interaction with the chef and others at our table. Margaritas in Mexico would be lots of fun! Joy your trip!

My wife and I have been to WDW a few times sans children, and a major focus of ours is always food and libations :) Here are some of our favorites (in no order):

1. California Grill. This is hands down our favorite restaurant at all of WDW. It's a quick 5 minute walk from Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary where it's located. Shoot for a 8:00-9:00 reservation so you can head to the balcony to see Happily Ever After. The food and drink are absolutely phenomenal, as is the service. A quick look at the menu should tell you all you need to know.

2. Jellyrolls. This is a fun, dueling piano bar on the Boardwalk. There is usually a cover charge (which is lame), but on our last trip we went twice it was so fun. We went once when it was not crowded, once when it was slammed. Both nights were absolutely phenomenal. It can get a bit raucous, but it's a great time for adults.

3. Food & Wine. You're on the mark with F&W. We went in 2019 with some adult friends and it was an absolute blast. I would soak up as much of this as you can. As I'm sure you know, the sheer amount of choice when it comes to food and libation is overwhelming, so you can't go wrong.

4. Flying Fish. Another huge favorite, also on the Boardwalk. Phenomenal seafood and drinks, great service as well. Very underrated. Maybe a later Flying Fish reservation, followed by some frivolity at Jellyrolls?

5. Disney Springs. Here are some of our favorites at Disney Springs: The Edison, The Boathouse and Morimoto Asia. The menus and atmosphere at each one of these are very different, but all are a good time. The Edison has the best atmosphere and vibe (think 1920's industrial/speakeasy design), while (IMO) the Boathouse has the best food. Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar is also a great place for a pit stop for drinks (food is so-so, general bar food).

6. Pool. Depending on where you're staying and how active you want to be, I'd also just recommend lounging by the pool and taking advantage of the facilities when you don't have to worry about keeping an eye on children :) We stayed at Boardwalk last time and thoroughly enjoyed lounging at the pool bar before the parks / before dinner / to start the morning.

Hope some of this helps!

My wife and I have been to WDW a few times sans children, and a major focus of ours is always food and libations :) Here are some of our favorites (in no order):

1. California Grill. This is hands down our favorite restaurant at all of WDW. It's a quick 5 minute walk from Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary where it's located. Shoot for a 8:00-9:00 reservation so you can head to the balcony to see Happily Ever After. The food and drink are absolutely phenomenal, as is the service. A quick look at the menu should tell you all you need to know.

2. Jellyrolls. This is a fun, dueling piano bar on the Boardwalk. There is usually a cover charge (which is lame), but on our last trip we went twice it was so fun. We went once when it was not crowded, once when it was slammed. Both nights were absolutely phenomenal. It can get a bit raucous, but it's a great time for adults.

3. Food & Wine. You're on the mark with F&W. We went in 2019 with some adult friends and it was an absolute blast. I would soak up as much of this as you can. As I'm sure you know, the sheer amount of choice when it comes to food and libation is overwhelming, so you can't go wrong.

4. Flying Fish. Another huge favorite, also on the Boardwalk. Phenomenal seafood and drinks, great service as well. Very underrated. Maybe a later Flying Fish reservation, followed by some frivolity at Jellyrolls?

5. Disney Springs. Here are some of our favorites at Disney Springs: The Edison, The Boathouse and Morimoto Asia. The menus and atmosphere at each one of these are very different, but all are a good time. The Edison has the best atmosphere and vibe (think 1920's industrial/speakeasy design), while (IMO) the Boathouse has the best food. Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar is also a great place for a pit stop for drinks (food is so-so, general bar food).

6. Pool. Depending on where you're staying and how active you want to be, I'd also just recommend lounging by the pool and taking advantage of the facilities when you don't have to worry about keeping an eye on children :) We stayed at Boardwalk last time and thoroughly enjoyed lounging at the pool bar before the parks / before dinner / to start the morning.

Hope some of this helps!
Thanks! This is really helpful! Also sorry for the delay...I wasn't paying attention to the thread because I forgot you only get a notification after someone quotes you or likes your post and I'm here thinking no one responded! We are definitely thinking California Grill and Jellyrolls...and the idea to eat at Flying Fish and then head to Jellyrolls afterwards is also fun!

Jellyrolls and Abracadabar are BWI are a lot of fun. You could also follow the lake around and hit Ale and Compass for the tail end of the evening. While in that area you could also do a progressive dinner of sorts - appetizers at one of the hotels, dinner at another and dessert of drinks at a 3rd. It's a nice way to sample some of the restaurants in the area.

Wine Bar George! The food is fantastic, the service incredible, the wine to die for. They are very welcoming and knowledgeable also, it's the least pretentious place ever, they are so chill about explaining things and helping you find wine to try.

Wine Bar George! The food is fantastic, the service incredible, the wine to die for. They are very welcoming and knowledgeable also, it's the least pretentious place ever, they are so chill about explaining things and helping you find wine to try.
Thanks for the suggestion! It is helpful to know that they are chill about explaining things cause I really know nothing about wine and just look for ones that say "sweet" on the label :confused3:rotfl2:

Thanks for the suggestion! It is helpful to know that they are chill about explaining things cause I really know nothing about wine and just look for ones that say "sweet" on the label :confused3:rotfl2:

I had lunch there on my first solo trip, last August. I go to a local wine bar at home sometimes but am still very much a novice. My server was amazing, even though I was a solo diner he took his time explaining things, asked me what kind of flavors I like, and customized a flight for me to go with my steak frites. The pours were generous and he was spot on with his recommendations, I loved all three! He also explained a lot about the wineries they came from, which was neat. I made sure to jot them down on my phone lol.

On my way out, I saw George himself downstairs and took the time to let him know I had a great experience and he was very approachable and kind. From what I’ve read on the boards he is very hands on with the restaurant and is there frequently. I would put it in my top dining experiences anywhere, not just WDW.

I had lunch there on my first solo trip, last August. I go to a local wine bar at home sometimes but am still very much a novice. My server was amazing, even though I was a solo diner he took his time explaining things, asked me what kind of flavors I like, and customized a flight for me to go with my steak frites. The pours were generous and he was spot on with his recommendations, I loved all three! He also explained a lot about the wineries they came from, which was neat. I made sure to jot them down on my phone lol.

On my way out, I saw George himself downstairs and took the time to let him know I had a great experience and he was very approachable and kind. From what I’ve read on the boards he is very hands on with the restaurant and is there frequently. I would put it in my top dining experiences anywhere, not just WDW.

Wow! That sounds like a really amazing experience. We are definitely going to have to put this on our list. Thanks again!

I would look into staying at and/or eating at Disney’s Riviera resort too. Great location to boardwalk and Epcot, nice adult pool and cool rooftop restaurant. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter