$400 credit to use w/ DVC --- what are my options?

Martinvols

Mouseketeer
I have a $400 credit to use with DVC. What are my options? Does DVC offer a discount on 3 or 4 day tickets? What other discounts could I use with this $400 credit? What about meal vouchers? How much would meal vouchers be? Any other ideas? I need some creativity......

I think we would all like to know more about how you got this voucher; it seems unusual. Most of us would use it to pay off our annual dues. If you're not a member, you could apply it toward a membership. :rolleyes1

Did you ask the person from whom you got it what it's good for?

Hi, recognize you from the PP board, but have no idea what this credit would be. Seems you recently bought a resale so take a look into the members site to see what perks there are currently.

I have never heard of a credit voucher with DVC. Where did you get it, and from whom or what?

excess created by the fact that I paid $1,600 for 4 annual passes (3 adult, 1 child) and the DVC price is $1,200. I paid $1,600 back in April before I was even thinking about purchasing DVC. Now, that I am a new DVC member and have not activated my AP's --- I can trade them in to DVC and get $400 ($1,600 less $1,200) credit to use for other items that DVC will allow me to purchase. My question is ---- What should I use the excess $400 on given that I do not want PAP's? Thanks!

Martin, did you already receive this as a credit? I also bought my AP in April, and my DVC in May.

I went to Epcot GR and they gave me back $100+ on my credit card.

Hrmm... how about using it to get the DDE card and then get the remaining balance in Disney Dollars :teeth:

First of all... WELCOME HOME!!!

Second, I'm pretty sure that what happened to bavaria is SOP. They will refund it to whatever source you originally used to pay for the tickets. If you paid cash, you might end up receiving a check. I think that this may be a Guest Services issue, and not a Member Services issue.

As for what to do with the windfall... well, I'm pretty boring and practical. I'd probably use it to pay down my annual dues in January. ;)

Martinvols said:
excess created by the fact that I paid $1,600 for 4 annual passes (3 adult, 1 child) and the DVC price is $1,200. I paid $1,600 back in April before I was even thinking about purchasing DVC. Now, that I am a new DVC member and have not activated my AP's --- I can trade them in to DVC and get $400 ($1,600 less $1,200) credit to use for other items that DVC will allow me to purchase. My question is ---- What should I use the excess $400 on given that I do not want PAP's? Thanks!
The only thing you will be able to use that "credit" for is other tickets. You will not get a cash refund or another voucher for the difference between the value of the AP exchange certificates and the DVC-dicounted AP passes.

My advice would be to get some type of MYW passes - perhaps a 10 day with the no-expiration option. You'll need to do this at the same time you exchange the voucher for the DVC AP.

Best wishes -

bavaria said:
Martin, did you already receive this as a credit? I also bought my AP in April, and my DVC in May.

I went to Epcot GR and they gave me back $100+ on my credit card.
That was an error by the CM - they are not supposed to issue refunds. No one else should count on that happening to them.

Best wishes-

I also was given back funds on my CC when I applied the DVC discount to AP vouchers after they were purchased.

Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter