40 is the new 13: Sailing the Wonder with my BFF

Princess Sleepy

DIS Veteran
Last Halloween I embarked on my first ever cruise. I was lucky enough to sail on the Dream with my DH and 2 DDs, plus most of my DH's extended family. It was a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas, and I was hooked on cruising. I finally convinced my DH that another family reunion was in order so my SIL agreed to book a longer cruise on the Fantasy...for December of 2013 :eek:!

I simply cannot wait that long, so I took another tack. My BFF and I have known each other since 8th grade which started in 1985:faint: She had the privilege of turning 40 first, reaching this milestone in June. I don't catch up until February. We decided that it was imperative that we celebrate once we both were 40. After searching our schedules and that of all our kids, we finally decided to cruise on the Wonder to Cozumel and Castaway Cay from April 27-May 2, followed by a weekend at WDW. We could not be more excited! We haven't traveled together since high school, but are perfectly compatible in our travel style.

To ramp up our excitement as we count down the last 7 months, I will chronicle our plans and add some pictures of the two of us. April can't come soon enough!

Plans are moving forward for our great birthday celebration. To simplify the report, I think I had better introduce us with names. I am Sarah and my BFF is Michelle. We are always looking for a way to have fun. When we were in high school we shared a locker and our bumper sticker slogan was "You're only young once, but you can be immature forever." On that note, here is a picture of us from last spring. We took a tap dance class together and did the spring recital.
IMG_3968.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm the taller one. :)

I will have to find some pictures of us from high school too. We actually did one day at MK when we were seniors. We were band nerds and it we took a trip with the school band to play some competition. Everyone got to pick one park for our one day at WDW. Even though we each been there several times since, this is our first trip back together.

We are flying into Miami on Friday morning, so my first challenge was how to tackle Miami (someplace I've never been). In my next post I will post what I've come up with for that first day. Feedback from those who have been to the Port of Miami would be welcome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter