4 Parks 1 Day- I’m Not Afraid of a Few Stinkin’ Cheerleaders: A February Tale: Update 11/5

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by PrncessA, Feb 19, 2018.

1. reyasmommy

reyasmommy DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your TR! I'm so sorry you were sick, that is one of my biggest nightmares. Being on vacation and being miserable/sick. :( You deserve a medal for visiting all four parks in one day with being as sick as you were. Hope you ended up feeling better.

You should definitely reward yourself with a cruise. I highly recommend Disney if you can afford it. We wanted to take another one next year, but they want double what Royal Caribbean does, so RCCL it is!

2. HeyyCali

HeyyCali Earning My Ears

Following along! Sorry you weren't feeling well but glad to see you were able to rally!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

Being sick at Disney is the worst, you plan for so long for a trip and you just can't accomplish everything you want to. I feel blessed that we have been so many times that we can "afford" a less than perfect time, but at the time I just wanted to cry.

:welcome:

5. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Constantly craving a zebra dome...

Following!!

6. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Constantly craving a zebra dome...

I absolutely love Figment!!! Sounds like a great evening in Epcot!!

7. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

I am doing poorly with keeping up with this report but I am going to try!

I literally collapsed when I got back to the room. I honestly have no idea what my family did while I slept, but they did stay in the room. I assume they snacked and watched TV. I kept telling myself that I could do it if I just had an hour nap… well it was a bit longer than an hour. We had got back to the room a little after 2pm, and we left the room at 4:43pm… so yeah a little longer than an hour. But I don’t think I could have made it without the nap.

When we left the room we were greeted by Thumper.

[​IMG]

We did stop by the gift shop for a new backpack. I ended up getting the new 2018 design, which was unique, but ended up being returned because the seems were awful and it ripped after 2 days.

[​IMG]

For some reason, most likely convenience, we decided to Uber to Epcot. $7.29 and we were dropped off pretty close to security and we were on our mission. It was pretty clear… ride Soarin’. Finally!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When we were going through our photos for this day I came across a video Ethan made and it just makes me smile. What a ham! Funny thing is I have no recollection of him making it. I do remember taking the selfie without him because he wasn’t paying attention, turns out I was the one who wasn’t paying attention.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yay It’s Open!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The kids liked the new show, but Ethan really missed the orange smell. He has a memory like no one’s business when it comes to random things. As planned we headed out immediately… Lorelai taking the stairs of course.

[​IMG]

Erik needed to take a bathroom break so he headed over toward Figment, while I sat and relaxed.

[​IMG]

Not for long, since we decided we needed a snack.

[​IMG]

Pretzel with Cheese and Frozen Raspberry Lemonade: $10.50

My persistence paid off and I finally got a photo of the monorail in front of Spaceship Earth

[​IMG]

And as quick as we came, we left.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    rteetz likes this.
  8. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

We went from one Monorail:

[​IMG]

To another:

[​IMG]

I really wish we had rode the ferry, so we could have used every form of transportation, but we were getting antsy.

[​IMG]

On the way over the kids argued about what pose we were going to do in our offical 4th Park photo and since no consensus was reached we did a couple.

Normal

[​IMG]

Excited

[​IMG]

And Tired

[​IMG]

I felt a combination of the last two! LOL

Our goal for the night was pretty fluid, but we were hungry and we were hoping to see Happily Ever After. At this point it was 10 minutes till 8pm.

Nothing beats walking into the MK the first time of a trip!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see it was already getting busy further down Main Street and the hub as a madhouse!

[​IMG]

We did find a spot on a curb and claimed it. But I could tell Erik was getting Hangery, so I decided to use Mobile Ordering to grab some Casey’s Corner.

I ordered 2 Corn Dog Nuggets meals, one with cheese fries, two fountain drinks (a Fanta for Lorelai and a Diet Coke for Erik) and a chocolate milk for E. I also ask for a couple waters when I picked up the order as well. The total was $29.70, and mobile ordering was for sure the way to go as it was PACKED inside.

I don’t have any photos of our food, as it was crazy stressful eating in the crowd and both Ethan and Erik were getting anxious and overwhelmed. We ended up eating and bolting as it was just to many people and it was getting worse. We finished our fries at Sleepy Hollow I believe while I made a reservation for the Happily Ever After Dessert Party to avoid the crowds another night. I had been avoiding it since everyone now is an adult and the food is NOT worth the cost, but avoiding the crowds for Ethan and Erik definitely is!

Bolting from the crowds we headed toward Adventureland, which is always a great place to be… even if you are feeling ehh.

[​IMG]

A ride with our favorite pirates is always in order.

[​IMG]

The queue was basically empty and it was a walk on.

[​IMG]

The mermaid skeleton creeps me out!

[​IMG]

What a strange place for a photo.

[​IMG]

The pirate ship scene was crazy foggy, way more foggy than normal and not all of the effects were working.

[​IMG]

We said our final goodbyes to the redhead in her current iteration, it is yet to be seen how we feel about the change. And we headed out to what I think is the best drop shop ever. Who doesn’t love pirate swag?

Lorelai Striking a Pose (in super cool Minnie Ears)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At 13 years old E still feels the need to play with the toys in this drop shop… every time.

[​IMG]

We came outside to the HEA fireworks and it is actually a pretty good viewpoint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We watched for a few minutes, but another ride was calling our name.

[​IMG]

Or as Peter Pan calls it, The Boat with the Jokes. It was a walk-on!

[​IMG]

rteetz likes this.
  9. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

After we had our fill of puns I was ready for a rest.

[​IMG]

My feet were swelling and hurt already!

[​IMG]

I parked it across from Aladdin and the kids had a blast riding it repeatedly as it was EMH and the crowds were non-existant at the time. It wouldn’t stay like that after the HEA crowds redistributed.

[​IMG]

Erik felt bad for me so he offered to go grab me a Dole Whip.

[​IMG]

I am not a fan of Dole Whips like this, I prefer them to be in the form of a float, but I did not complain. I also completely forgot that they were offering the pineapple upside down cake or I would have went back!

One was more than enough for us all to share, as Ethan doesn’t like them.

[​IMG]

We were feeling heat but pushing on!

[​IMG]

The waits at Splash and BTMRR were too long for our tastes so we decided to cool off with some new friends. After being introduced to a the Country Bear Jamboree during the Dis 20th I was so excited to take my family.

[​IMG]

It was hilarious to watch Ethan try and make sense of it all. He loves jokes and puns, but he analyzes everything. In the end the kids loved it!

Next up was a Must Do:

[​IMG]

I normally wouldn’t post a photo that blurry but that is the last time this popcorn bucket will be seen. We obviously had stopped for a refill. Somewhere between this photo and the next one popcorn bucket #2 was lost. This is pretty amazing as the queue didn’t stop moving.

[​IMG]

Ethan was intent on seeing her eyes move!

[​IMG]

After escaping being the 1,000th ghost we headed to New Fantasy Land.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To the kid’s favorite.

[​IMG]

This is the view we would get of them every 5-10 minutes as they ran by for their next ride. LOL

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

They spent about 30 minutes riding the Barnstormer before we moved on to catch a couple more rides to end the night:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like we headed out at about 11:10pm, so we didn’t even use all the EMH, but we didn’t need them. We had a full day!! It didn’t take long to get to the bus and back to POFQ, but on the way we got our second wind, or maybe we were just HUNGRY!

Someone ran back to room to grab our mugs and we ordered some beignets and a personal pepperoni pizza.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boy did this hit the spot!

[​IMG]

We decided to sit over in front of the lounge where it was quieter and the kids had a blast playing on the stage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At that point we had already reached tomorrow and we were ready for bed, or at least Erik and I were! So ended our crazy #4Parks1MagicalDay. I have to admit I think had I been feeling better it would have went smoother, but we pulled it off. At the time the kids were like, “NEVER AGAIN”, but within a few days they wanted to do it again. LOL

Looking back I think the order that we went in was perfect for what we wanted to do and we might do it again one day… maybe not. I felt like it was a one and done for me, we park hop all the time, so visiting multiple parks isn’t as exciting as it use be.

Food Breakdown Day 2

F&B that would have been covered by dining plan: $125.25

Food and drink NOT covered by plan: $0

Running Total Spent: $350.96

Cost of DDP x4 “adults”: $603.92

Cost of QSDP x4 “adults”: $420

Next up: Day 3 or Recovery Day

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    rich1516, rteetz and jchurch0409 like this.
  10. BellaBaby

BellaBaby (Im)patiently waiting for next trip to Disney!!

Congrats to you and your family for 4 parks in 1 day!! Especially feeling under the weather. That nap is probably the best thing you could've done. I know that feeling when you just have to close your eyes for awhile!

We just got back on June 9th and the mermaid skeleton is gone! I never found out why. Maybe too creepy for Ariel fans? :confused3

I also think that's a weird place for a photo on Pirates. Although it's cool with the skeleton in the background, we always forget that's where they take the photo and it just turns out weird.

Those beignets look good. Will have to try sometime! :goodvibes

11. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

Hellooooooo! If anyone is still listening! I am so sorry I dropped off the face of the earth on this trip report. It has been a crazy few months, when I last updated June 25 I was actually interviewing for a new job. Well I got the job! But it is a lot of work and much longer commute than I am used to, but still it is great! Then in August I started my senior year of college, and I have a full course load so my already limited time has pretty much vanished! A few updates on life:

E found his calling in sports:
    [​IMG]

Lorelai's summer play was Aladdin Jr.

[​IMG]

We took a couple of vacations:

To Pentwater, MI. Sooo much fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And to Indianapolis for the Indy Disney Meet:

[​IMG]

I made it to Round 2 of the Disney Mom's Panel Search, so I completely embarrassed myself with a video submission, but I can't wait to do it again next year I hope!

[​IMG]

SOOOO, after all that, I need to really get to writing the rest of this report. Why? Not only do I need to learn to finish what I start, but we are planning our next trips... yep I said it, plural, trips!!!!! Currently, we are booked for the Dreams 20th event next August 3-11. We had already been planning a trip for late next summer, so I jumped on those dates. We are also traveling along with some of our best friends, one who has never been to Disney before. He is a skeptic, so I can't wait to show him the magic of Disney!! Another family is thinking of joining us, they haven't booked yet so they are still a maybe.

In addition to August, I FINALLY finish all of school in May!!! Well maybe, I have already applied for the graduate program, so, to be honest, I might be a student for another year or so while I get my masters... I haven't made the final decision yet. E is also graduating 8th grade and you have no idea how much we are celebrating that! So we are looking at cruises right now, unfortunately not a Disney one as we are not sure if we will like cruising and we want to add a couple days at WDW to the beginning of the trip. Right now we are leaning toward Royal Carribean so we shall see!

Finally, one of my girlfriends wants to do a quick girl's weekend down to WDW during the Flower & Garden Festival, and really who am I to say no?

So you are all caught up, now on with the show!!!

12. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

The next day we slept in, and I don’t mean “Slept in for Disney” but really slept in. We took it easy and ate breakfast in the room before deciding to head to the pool with our freshly filled mugs at 10:30am.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We didn’t make it to the pool as we were sidetracked by an empty hot tub!

[​IMG]

Ethan always takes the job of pushing the button when the jets stop.

[​IMG]

We eventually made it to the empty pool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eventually we headed back to the room and got changed to head down to around 12:30pm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just love the boat ride to Disney Springs! It is so beautiful and relaxing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were welcomed, but where to go? I think we ended up just pretty much walking around a bit.

[​IMG]

Lorelai was BEGGING to go on the balloon, but there is NO way I would ever do it.

[​IMG]

Of course we had to take the obligatory photo in front of Raglan Road. I love seeing them grow in these photos.

[​IMG]

On the way over on the boat we had decided that we were going to eat at D-Lux Burger so I did the mobile ordering, and we were all getting pretty hungry so we headed over and let them know we had arrived, you get a tracker to take to your table and they bring your food to you. We found a good booth and settled in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We ordered the Premium Duo $26.99 ( One Classic Cheeseburger and choice of one Premium Burger: El Diablo, Vegetable, Barbecue, Southern or Seasonal Burger, includes one regular order of Fresh-cut Fries and two Fountain Beverages ) for Erik and I to split. I had the classic burger while Erik got the Barbecue I believe.

[​IMG]

I had mine cooked well done, as I can taste pink meat and it makes me ill!

We also ordered Chicken Breast Nuggets $7.99

Donut-breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets served with Dannon® Danimals® Smoothie and Carrot Sticks, choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small Dasani® Water

[​IMG]

Obviously with fries instead of yogurt.

[​IMG]

And an extra drink. This is WAY more than enough food for the four of us. I didn’t finish my burger, but I am sure Erik did. The kids didn’t come close to eating all of their nuggets and fries. All in all it was a great meal. The burgers were juicy (even my well-done one) and the buns were super fresh. I loved the fries and the chicken. All in all it was really good, a bit on the expensive side ($45.15), but worth in IMO.

We left feeling stuffed! Well not too stuffed. We stopped at a kiosk to get me a spiked lemonade as my throat was absolutely killing me and the kids decided they needed ice cream. The CM said the ice creams were on Mickey for a bit of pixie dust!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know at some point during the trip we did go into World of Disney, I honestly don’t know what be bought because I started feeling VERY rough at this point and knew I couldn’t go on much longer.

amiskell28 likes this.
  13. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

We headed back to the resort where I promptly passed out!! Ethan decided he needed a break too, so he stayed in the room with me.

Erik & Lorelai decided to do a Daddy/Daughter DHS trip!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure what they did other than meet BB8, because that was the only photo I have.

[​IMG]

I had made some FP+, so maybe they used those for TSMM and Star Tours, they might have watched the Frozen show. No clue really.

After much needed rest Ethan and I arrived around 6:30pm.

[​IMG]

Where I picked this up:

[​IMG]

And this:

[​IMG]

We also were prepared to buy another popcorn bucket, but the CM gave us one when I joked that we had lost not one but two already! Don’t worry we never lost this one, I actually managed to bring it home!

[​IMG]

We were able to score another FP+ for TSMM, so we took a turn with our shooting skills!

[​IMG]

Then we set up shop to wait for Star Wars Fireworks:

[​IMG]

Great seats!

There may have been another one of these:

[​IMG]

The fireworks were amazing as always, and the kids loved them!

[​IMG]

We took some badly lit photos and started to head out

[​IMG]

But not before a souviner stop for a new hat

[​IMG]

We also stopped by the Photopass shop to have our AK photos from the previous day loaded on to our account. There was a manager outside and he was actually pretty rude to me, saying it was unlikely they could find them and kept shooting E looks. Granted he was talking non-stop but he was way overstimulated after the fireworks.

The CM who helped us was much nicer. She pulled out a book and ask us where we had our photo taken. I pointed the photographer out and gave her the exact time and there they were!! Super simple!

Finally we headed back to the resort. Erik ran back to the room for our mugs and we stopped by the food court for some food.

Lorelai opted for only yogurt, but she also had a banana in room.

[​IMG]

Ethan got a kids pizza… which turned out to be TINY! I love the look on his face!

[​IMG]

I told him to get an adult, but he didn’t listen. LOL He actually was ok with it and didn’t want anything more after he ate it.

Erik got a burger, he liked it, it wasn’t great it wasn’t bad.

[​IMG]

I got the Chicken Biscuit, and it was actually really good and pretty spicy!

[​IMG]

We wrapped up the day and fell into bed!

disneyseniors likes this.
  14. MImommy

MImommy Earning My Ears

Following! We are doing our “make up trip” the first week in February. Of course we are hoping for nice weather and less crowded then Spring Break. On our last Disney trip, my husband spent 4 days in our room with the stomach flu. It is certainly no fun. I look forward to reading about the rest of your adventures.

15. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

:welcome: