4 parks/1 day/1 attraction challenge!

We did this for my birthday in 2014. Our goals in each park were: 2 attractions/rides, buy a pin, picture with an icon or character, and eat something (Crystal Palace in MK, Chicken nuggets on the run in AK, candy bar from UK in
Epcot, and dinner at Prime time in HS). Started at MK because it had early opening. It was a great experience and we were all proud we did it. Have fun.
So many great ideas, I love it! Thanks

You should have time for more attractions than you have listed even without FPs.
AK at RD, the crowd heads to Pandora. If you go just about anywhere else, the rides are nearly walk on. YOu should be able to do about whatever else you want there before you leave.
The only thing that will hurt you a little is not being able to use FPs at each park, but it makes sense to have the ones at HS that you really want to do.

Our plan is to get to AK early enough to do FoP standby then ride Navi if line is short and then EE. Take a bus to EPCOT and ride SSE, hopefully either Soarin or TT standby and something like Figment or LwtL and eat lunch. Then we bus or boat to DHS where we have FPs for SDD, RnRc and ToT. As soon as we use up these FPs we will be refreshing big time for FPs at MK. Then we bus to MK where we will try to eat and do at least one mountain and then whatever has a short line. Then top it off with HEA. We plan to document our journey on Instagram with plenty of ride and icon pics. We will probably grab something to eat in each park. We may use Uber.

Our plan is to get to AK early enough to do FoP standby then ride Navi if line is short and then EE. Take a bus to EPCOT and ride SSE, hopefully either Soarin or TT standby and something like Figment or LwtL and eat lunch. Then we bus or boat to DHS where we have FPs for SDD, RnRc and ToT. As soon as we use up these FPs we will be refreshing big time for FPs at MK. Then we bus to MK where we will try to eat and do at least one mountain and then whatever has a short line. Then top it off with HEA. We plan to document our journey on Instagram with plenty of ride and icon pics. We will probably grab something to eat in each park. We may use Uber.

We made sure to do the park with the early opening first and the park with the late opening last (which happened to be HS that day). That's when they had the Osborne lights though (really miss those!)

AK EMH - rope drop FoP then ride EE and Dinosaur. Bus to HS.
HS - use FP's - hoping for SDD, Rn'R (or single rider) and ToT. Walk or boat to Epcot.
Epcot - grab same day FP's for whatever I can. Monorail to MK.
MK - grab same day FP's for whatever I can. I'd love to do all 3 mountains. End night with HEA.
Good luck and enjoy - this was close to what I ended up doing earlier this year on a solo trip and it was much easier to do than I'd have thought (even deciding late in the day to do 4 parks and ride all the coasters and do all the mountains). Just for comparison:

AK EMH - rope drop FoP, Navi, 3xEE, Dinosaur, PW, Nemo show, brunch at Tusker House
Bus to DHS around 1pm
DHS - 3xRnRR, SDD, Star Tours, break at Baseline Taphouse
Walk to Epcot around 3:30
Epcot - TT, Soarin, food booths for dinner
Monorail to MK around 5:30
MK - Space Mtn, Barnstormer, BTMRR, PoTC, SDMT and Splash Mtn

Everything was standby or single rider except for one convenient anytime FP that I used for Soarin. No rushing around and plenty of pictures in between.

CA94E976-98F5-42E7-A025-5C9E5F2F7B6F.jpeg We did this and it was pretty easy.
Our rules were a ride, an icon pic, and a snack in each park. We made transportation part of the fun. We took an uber to DHS, boat to Epcot, monorail/ferry to MK, and Minnie Van to AK, bus to resort.

You should have time for more attractions than you have listed even without FPs.
AK at RD, the crowd heads to Pandora. If you go just about anywhere else, the rides are nearly walk on. YOu should be able to do about whatever else you want there before you leave.
The only thing that will hurt you a little is not being able to use FPs at each park, but it makes sense to have the ones at HS that you really want to do.
I changed my plans a bit I'm still starting my day with EE @ Animal Kingdom, a picture in front of Tree of Life, a character stop and then I will move to the Magic Kingdom where I've booked FP. I'm still figuring it all out.

What a fantastic plan! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun :)

We made sure to do the park with the early opening first and the park with the late opening last (which happened to be HS that day). That's when they had the Osborne lights though (really miss those!)
Trouble is that Thursday MK closes at 6pm for a Xmas party and Epcot is the EMH 8-9 am. I want to end my day at Hollywood Studios and Monorail MK to Epcot. I am still planning AK to MK to Epcot to HS for Fantasmic in the evening. It should still work.

Good luck and enjoy - this was close to what I ended up doing earlier this year on a solo trip and it was much easier to do than I'd have thought (even deciding late in the day to do 4 parks and ride all the coasters and do all the mountains). Just for comparison:

AK EMH - rope drop FoP, Navi, 3xEE, Dinosaur, PW, Nemo show, brunch at Tusker House
Bus to DHS around 1pm

Everything was standby or single rider except for one convenient anytime FP that I used for Soarin. No rushing around and plenty of pictures in between.
It's great to know that I can maybe plan just a little bit more into my challenge. Thanks for the input!

View attachment 357695 We did this and it was pretty easy.
Our rules were a ride, an icon pic, and a snack in each park. We made transportation part of the fun. We took an uber to DHS, boat to Epcot, monorail/ferry to MK, and Minnie Van to AK, bus to resort.
I love it! I'm definitely including a picture in each park, a character visit and a snack! Awesome ideas :)

Bus to DHS around 1pm

Sounds like a perfect day! What time did you end up getting to AK in order to rope drop FoP? I've read a few reports and it seems like I need to get there early to line up, like 6:45 if I want to get on and off FoP fairly quickly.
You definitely got a lot accomplished! I should have no trouble sneaking in a little midday nap!

And the transportation (Monorail/Boat) is all part of the magic for me :)

This was part of our original plan. We would bus from AK to DHS then boat to EPCOT then monorail to MK. New plans have us taking a bus from AK to EPCOT then boat to DHS. We were thinking of taking a bus back to EPCOT and then taking the monorail to MK. Is there another way to do this - getting from DHS to MK via a monorail ride? Can you go from DHS to TTC and then monorail to MK?

Suggestions anyone???

Last edited:
should be easy. we went to 4 parks in one day without even planning it. we intended to go to just HS and Epcot but ended up in all of them without even thinking about what we had done.

We just did the 4 Park Challenge this past July. Our goal was to do at least 2 rides we love in each park, get a snack or food at each park and get a picture taken. I timed it based on EMHs.

• Started at DHS at 7:00 am with their Toy Story Land EMH (they had this every day in July). Rode SDD standby (about 20-25 minute wait), then TSMM (about 10 minute wait). Took a pic at the TSL entrance, and had an iced coffee snack.
  • Boats not running between DHS and Epcot, so had to wait for a bus. Wait was a little painful.
  • Went to Epcot for EMH. Got there after 8:00, but still during morning EMH. Rode Soarin and Living with the Land, had breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. Took a pic with the ball.
  • Bus from Epcot to AK took a while. We did not get on the first bus. This was around 10 am. Lots of people hopping.
  • Got to AK. Had our 3 FP+ booked here, including FOP in the afternoon. Had 3-course lunch at Tiffins and did our 3 FP+s. As soon as we finished the FP+s booked a FP+ at MK for that evening.
  • Went back to the resort (WL). I took a wonderful power nap while my DH went RUNNING in the middle of the July Orlando afternoon heat. Yup, that's right, in the middle of our 4-park challenge my DH went for a run. He's really crazy dedicated.
  • Headed to MK in the evening. Hit some fave rides with last minute FP+s. Had dinner at Skipper's Canteen. Took pic on Main Street.

Some tips:
  • It was a wonderful day, but, we were pretty tired at the end. I could NOT have made it through without going back to the resort for a nap, LOL.
  • We booked ADRs for lunch and dinner. It was key to have a place to sit down and relax.
  • We also took advantage of am EMH. Would definitely take into consideration the EMH schedule and take advantage of it to start the day.
  • And we were only 2 adults, so no need to schlep kids.
  • We went in mid-July, which was lower crowds than what we experienced in the Fall. Would have been more challenging to do this during a holiday weekend or October or Spring Break.

For what it's worth, here are my notes from my 4 Parks/1 Day excursion in August. Keep in mind the crowds were quite low and I was staying at the Contemporary. Also solo. Don't know if I'd have been as successful with kids or in heavier crowds. It went even better than I'd hoped.

My goal was one attraction and one meal/snack in each park. I didn't quite accomplish it, as I chose to eat my leftover Mickey Mousse from Amorette's at the end of the night instead of a snack at Magic Kingdom.

Generally, it went like this:
  • Epcot 8:00am-11:30am
  • Hollywood Studios 12:00pm-3:20pm
  • Animal Kingdom 3:55pm-5:45pm
  • short break at Contemporary
  • Magic Kingdom 7:00pm-10:30pm
  • 32,221 steps; 14.1 miles walked
I'm just now realizing I spent right around 3.5 hours at each park except just 2 at Animal Kingdom. That's probably because I was there for about 12 hours the day before. :)

630 - Alarm
655 - Out of room
700 - Waiting for monorail
706 - Arrives TTC, Epcot monorail not running until 730
725 - Directed to buses instead, Epcot monorail down
754 - Through Epcot tapstiles
808 - Waiting at Soarin’
835 - In line at Frozen
845 - Off Frozen
900 - Les Halles opens for breakfast
926 - Done at Les Halles
938 - Spaceship Earth line
958 - Off Spaceship Earth
1002 - TT single rider, slight delay, maybe 10 minute wait
1038 - Land Pavilion for water and bathroom
Waited for World Showcase to open, saw opening ceremony
1109 - Done meeting Belle
Mary Poppins didn’t have photographer, so I didn't stay
1118 - Waiting for boat to HS
1130 - Boat departs, not as cool as I hoped
1200 - Boat arrives at HS
1220 - Seated for Frozen Sing Along (needed AC)
103 - Out of Frozen
120 - In line for TSM FP
133 - Off TSM
154 - Woody's Lunch Box for pop tart
157 - Waiting for Voyage of Little Mermaid
226 - Show over
240 - Tower of Terror FP
256 - Rock n Roller Coaster FP
320 - Head out of park
334 - Bus leaving, pulled up as I arrived
355 - Animal Kingdom
Found a bench and called Mom
425 - Dinosaur FP
445 - Off Dinosaur
505 - Seated at Satu’li
518 - Leave Satu’li
532 - At bus stop
547 - Bus departs
613 - Back in room at Contemporary, change clothes, refresh
648 - Walk to MK, looks like storm coming
700 - Through gates, rides down for storm, BTMRR FP changes to anytime FP
715 - Small World regular line, get Pooh FP
746 - Pooh FP
800 - Off Pooh
805 - Mermaid FP
Get HM FP for after HEA
825 - Wait for HEA
855 - Happily Ever After
935 - Off Haunted Mansion FP
1005 - Off Splash (used anytime FP)
1035 - Back in room, Mickey Mousse for snack

Sounds like a perfect day! What time did you end up getting to AK in order to rope drop FoP? I've read a few reports and it seems like I need to get there early to line up, like 6:45 if I want to get on and off FoP fairly quickly.
You definitely got a lot accomplished! I should have no trouble sneaking in a little midday nap!
You’ll have plenty of time - I didn’t decide to do all 4 parks until late afternoon, so it’d have been even easier if I hadn’t taken it easy all morning at AK.

I think I arrived at AK around 7:50 or so for an 8 am EMH. They’d already released guests into the park and the line for FoP ended at the bridge to Africa. Still only about a 25 minute wait and I was off before 8:45. I’ve done RD for FoP several times - if you want to get through FoP as quickly as possible plan to show up no later than about an hour before “official” opening to wait. My experience is that they open about 20-30 minutes early (with lines to get through the turnstiles already past the ticket booths) and start running FoP about 15-20 min before official opening time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!