4 Night Mariner or 5 Night Freedom

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Currently have Freedom booked next summer in a spacious ocean view room. It's a 5 night out of New Jersey going to Bermuda. Never been there before.

This summer we have 4 night Mariner (2 stops CoCo Cay + Nassau). We are not going to go but have the option to cancel or move it to next summer for same price (Lift & Sift). Got a very good deal on a spacious balcony. We've been on Mariner once before.

We are travelling with our 2 kids who will be 16 and 12 next summer.

What would you do? Cancel Mariner and keep Freedom? Or cancel Freedom and move Mariner? Freedom is an extra night. I assume aside from Sky Pad, they are pretty similar ships?

Currently have Freedom booked next summer in a spacious ocean view room. It's a 5 night out of New Jersey going to Bermuda. Never been there before.

This summer we have 4 night Mariner (2 stops CoCo Cay + Nassau). We are not going to go but have the option to cancel or move it to next summer for same price (Lift & Sift). Got a very good deal on a spacious balcony. We've been on Mariner once before.

We are travelling with our 2 kids who will be 16 and 12 next summer.

What would you do? Cancel Mariner and keep Freedom? Or cancel Freedom and move Mariner? Freedom is an extra night. I assume aside from Sky Pad, they are pretty similar ships?
They are somewhat similar in amenities but freedom is noticeably larger than mariner in my opinion. Also if you have never been to Bermuda, that alone is the reason to stay with freedom. Bermuda is the best place we’ve been to on a cruise that leaves from the US.

Thanks for the replies. Have never been to Bermuda. Any recommendations for kids? We actually have an overnight stop there so it's 2 day stop.

Our kids did loved the Sky Pad so that may be my main hesitation (and Freedom is a lot more due to taxes and fees).

Thanks for the replies. Have never been to Bermuda. Any recommendations for kids? We actually have an overnight stop there so it's 2 day stop.

Our kids did loved the Sky Pad so that may be my main hesitation (and Freedom is a lot more due to taxes and fees).
One of the excursions that we chose to do was Crystal Caves that I would think kids would enjoy. Really cool experience.

One of the excursions that we chose to do was Crystal Caves that I would think kids would enjoy. Really cool experience.
Thanks. If we keep Freedom, I'll look into this.

Another bonus of Freedom of course is that it is 5 days vs 4.
With Mariner that we are cancelling, we had planned Disney as well, but not sure we would add it in next summer with everything going on (plus would be only 2 days as it would be labor day weekend so need to get back to school)

I've been on Freedom twice (before updates) and it was a great ship, not too big, didn't feel crowded. I'd also choose Bermuda, we've never been but it sure looks lovely. Mariner looks nice as well, and the Coco Cay updates look great, my son really wants to go there. But I'm not sure I could go all the way there and not go to Disney while I'm there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter