4 Halloween parties in 10 days in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjr0483

DIS Veteran
I know this is not going to be popular and I will get flamed but I am going to say it.

Halloween party August 17th? Really?

Is Disney getting a little nuts about these parties?

I am there for 10 nights starting 8/21 and there are 4 parties where the Magic Kingdom closes at 6PM. Should I not be mad about this? I thought Disney was trying to reduce crowds by jacking up ticket prices. This is only make things worse. On 8/21 for instance HS AND AK close at 8:30pm. So the only choice is EPCOT with EMH from 9 to 11. What do y’all I think that’s going to be like?

Sorry MNSSHP fans but this is ridiculous.

8/21, 8/24, 8/28, 8/31

Yes, it will not be the popular opinion but I do not like Halloween events in August. That is still summer to me. That is totally crazy to think Halloween decorations will be up when kids are just going back to school. We love the Halloween party and go every year but I refuse to go until October.

I know this is not going to be popular and I will get flamed but I am going to say it.

I am there for 10 nights starting 8/21 and there are 4 parties where the Magic Kingdom closes at 6PM. Should I not be mad about this? I thought Disney was trying to reduce crowds by jacking up ticket prices. This is only make things worse. On 8/21 for instance HS AND AK close at 8:30pm. So the only choice is EPCOT with EMH from 9 to 11. What do y’all I think that’s going to be like?

8/21, 8/24, 8/28, 8/31
I totally hear your frustration. We are there around the same time and I have been trying to plan our touring around the predicted dates since Disney hasn't officially released them. We don't generally park hop so we have to plan ADRs etc. Getting kicked out of a park at 6 when you paid for a full day in August is pretty lame. We have enjoyed MNSSHP in the past but really don't feel the need to do it in the middle of the summer.

And to boot dining is open but the hours are not up. With the Magic Kingdom closing at 6PM this is going to force people without Park Hoppers to other parks and they close early.

You're not the first to feel this way. As parties have increased, these complaints have increased right along with them. Unfortunately, the parties are big money makers and even with the increased number of nights, they are all VERY well attended. As long as people are willing to buy the ticket, Disney will continue to do them as often as they think they can. The MNSSHP is the favorite of the two, at least with this board, and Disney is going to capitalize on that.

I agree with Halloween in August!!?!?

But those days MK will be less crowded during that day that’s all it has going for it. Hopefully they extend hours at some of the other parks....

8/21, 8/24, 8/28, 8/31
It is getting out of hand, and I never looked at it from the perspective of the park being closed early to non-party goers like that. Great point!! I will say this though, we noticed on the days of the parties we have attended (2) that the crowds are noticeably lower. Maybe you could plan on 2 days at MK with both of them being on party days and do half one and half the other? Doesn't help with Happily Ever After if that is something that is on your "must see" list though...

I agree with Halloween in August!!?!?

But those days MK will be less crowded during that day that’s all it has going for it. Hopefully they extend hours at some of the other parks....

It doesn't look like it. At the end of August, they start trimming hours. As I mentioned, HS & AK close at 8:30PM.

It doesn't look like it. At the end of August, they start trimming hours. As I mentioned, HS & AK close at 8:30PM.

They extend hours all the time my trip is in 8 days and last week they added hours to all the Parks. In no way is that ideal but there is a good chance they will extend some hours as the trip gets closer.

ETA: meaning the late notice of extended hours does not help planing, but it may happen.

There's no way HS will be closing at 8:30 with Toy Story Land just opening. That one is definitely going to be extended. AK could go either way. Last year, they were still doing the late EMH for Pandora, so it could be they haven't decided how late they're going to go in August. So take a deep breath and hold on.

There's no way HS will be closing at 8:30 with Toy Story Land just opening. That one is definitely going to be extended. AK could go either way. Last year, they were still doing the late EMH for Pandora, so it could be they haven't decided how late they're going to go in August. So take a deep breath and hold on.

Take a look at July hours for HS. Yes they have EMH every day, but 7AM to 8AM. You would think it would stay open later. July 8AM to 10PM every day but in August 9AM to 9PM with 1 EMH morning on Sunday. Then starting on the week of 8/19 in drops to 8:30PM. Someone has lost their mind. I hope they come to their senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter