4 Day Cruise...Day At Sea or Freeport?

cathie

Castaway Cay Girl
We'll be going on the 4 Day Wonder in Feb. 2004. From what I've read, people seemed to enjoy the day at sea over Freeport. Our cruise is scheduled to have the day at sea, but I was just wondering what Freeport was like. We went on the 3 Day this past February & went to Nassau. Is Freeport similar to Nassau? Thanks for any info!:Pinkbounc

On our 4 day cruise we had a stop in Freeport. There really isn't much where the boat docks. They have a mini straw market there and that's about it. You have to travel to get to the activities. We did the dolphin encounter there and rode on a bus across the island and then took a boat to the encounter. After the encounter we went to Our Lacaya beach for a while and then got the bus back to the ship. After a 4 day and a 3 day cruise with no sea days, we did the 7 day Eastern last year. I loved the sea days. We really got to enjoy the ship. I'm looking forward to next Sunday for our next 4 day with a day a sea. Nasi

Thanks Nasi for the info. Have fun on your cruise & let us know how it went when you get back!:Pinkbounc

OK, my husband and I tood a 7 day last summer, and a 4 day this past January. Our 4 day stopped at Freeport. I would have MUCH prefered the day at sea. We didn't even get off of the ship. The only thing at the port is a small "straw market" which is basically a glorified flea market, and in my opinion way overpriced. It is apparantly a 15 minute or so taxi ride into town, and we just didn't want to subject our kids to that. If I'm not mistaken, Disney is taking the stop at Freeport off of their itenerary after this summer. We had a good time on the boat that day anyway, so I guess it doesn't REALLY matter...they keep you as busy as you want to be. What was kinda cool, or sad, was that the "big red boat" which Disney used before it built it's own ships was in dock there. Looked like it hadn't been used in a while. It was interesting to see the size and "class" difference in the ships. I think Disney definitely did the right thing by developing their own cruise line!!

I posted about this topic on another thread too, but I thought I would also add my input here.

Freeport is great! I enjoyed it much more than Nassau. I was kind of scared in Nassau, but very comfortable in Freeport. You have to take a taxi to get anywhere fun, but you really get to see the island that way. It wasn't a bad ride at all! I suggest going to Port Lucaya. They have many stores and a straw market. Across the street at the Lucayan Beach Resort, the Beach is gorgeous! The resort seemed very empty when we walked over there and it was nice and peaceful. I would definitely go there again! We didn't plan to get off the ship in Freeport, but some cast members convinced us to go and we are happy we did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter