3rd person

WDWmom08

Mouseketeer
We have been on two ABDs. I was wondering how other companies handle three people in a room both from a bed and cost standpoint.

The "Other Options" thread may have answers. You could also post this question there and get a better response (people who have contributed to that thread would get a notification of the new post on it.)

Our family of 3 has travelled a lot over the past 10 years. I think part of it depends on where you go. Hotel rooms in Asia and Europe tend to me smaller and "true" triples (2 queen or 2 double beds) tend to be less available than they would be in the states. Whether it be ABD, Thomson, or Trafalgar, we have typically ended up with a King size bed and a roll-away bed. A few years ago this was no big deal. However, our son is now about 6' 2", so roll-away beds don't really work for him anymore. Occasionally, we would get a room with 2 double beds, but that tends to be the exception. Again, this is our experience for Europe and Asia. US travel hasn't been a problem with getting 2 real beds. On our most recent trip to Vietnam, the Halong Bay cruise was 2 rooms which was nice. One of the reasons we are going to the Dolomites with Right Path Adventures next year is that we can get two rooms, so he can have his own bed.

Our family of 3 has travelled a lot over the past 10 years. I think part of it depends on where you go. Hotel rooms in Asia and Europe tend to me smaller and "true" triples (2 queen or 2 double beds) tend to be less available than they would be in the states. Whether it be ABD, Thomson, or Trafalgar, we have typically ended up with a King size bed and a roll-away bed. A few years ago this was no big deal. However, our son is now about 6' 2", so roll-away beds don't really work for him anymore. Occasionally, we would get a room with 2 double beds, but that tends to be the exception. Again, this is our experience for Europe and Asia. US travel hasn't been a problem with getting 2 real beds. On our most recent trip to Vietnam, the Halong Bay cruise was 2 rooms which was nice. One of the reasons we are going to the Dolomites with Right Path Adventures next year is that we can get two rooms, so he can have his own bed.

Thanks for the information. Did the other companies you mentioned treat the price the same?

Thanks for the information. Did the other companies you mentioned treat the price the same?
Yes, with the exception of Right Path Adventures, they treated pricing the same for the triple. Although Thomson seems to have a number of discounts for returning customers, children under a certain age, booking shortly after you come back, and booking early. These seem to be cumulative. The one that does treat it differently is Right Path Adventures. Because they don't charge a single supplement, booking 2 rooms for 3 is not a problem for them. But Right Path is a niche company focusing on the Dolomites, Croatia/Slovenia, and New Zealand. So, from an offering perspective they are limited.

Yes, with the exception of Right Path Adventures, they treated pricing the same for the triple. Although Thomson seems to have a number of discounts for returning customers, children under a certain age, booking shortly after you come back, and booking early. These seem to be cumulative. The one that does treat it differently is Right Path Adventures. Because they don't charge a single supplement, booking 2 rooms for 3 is not a problem for them. But Right Path is a niche company focusing on the Dolomites, Croatia/Slovenia, and New Zealand. So, from an offering perspective they are limited.
Good to know! I'm planning on adding some New Zealand time to an Australia trip when I retire. No single supplement is big! I'll keep Right Path in mind.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!