• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

38 1/2 inches and counting

graceesmom

DIS Veteran
My 3 year old swears she going to eat her fruits and vegetables everyday so she can be 40" and ride the roller coaster at WDW in October. I'm not sure how to handle this. I want her to eat her fruits and veggies, but I don't want her to get her hopes up that she's going to grow 1 1/2" in the next 2 months.

I'm right with you. My 3-year old will be 4 in October and she is right at 381/2 inches too. We've got one more month than you- we go in November. I keep telling her that she is not yet tall enough to ride. If she grows or is tall enough with tennis shoes on then it will be bonus.

We leave in 20 days. My son is about 39 1/2 with his shoes on....I am sad for him but we have a touring plan that will keep him occupied while the other two kids ride the big stuff. Good luck!

We had our 3 year old check-up today. 38 1/2" in bare feet. Maybe I can find some thick based tennis shoes, but I'm preparing her for not getting to ride. She wants to ride Big Thunder Mountain and Soarin this time.

Graceesmom... careful on the threads about thick soled shoes. I had a thread closed for mentioning it. The "DIS" is getting stiff. No stroller swaps, no talk about getting your short 4 year old on a ride...no political talk....I've spent alot less time here..it's getting to be tooo sterile.

Anyways good luck with your growth spurt. Our fingers are crossed for a 1/2 inch in 3 weeks!

We are dealing with this with my 4 year old niece. She will be 5 a few days after we return in December. She is small for her age but she is around 40"-41". I was hoping she would have a growth spurt and get to 44" but I'm doubting that will happen. Heres to hoping all the kiddos will grow and won't be disappointed!:drinking1. Too bad we can't concoct a growing potion ! :stir:

Looks like my 4-year old is going to just barely make it. I was wondering why he was eating so much in the past month - then I decided to measure him and he grew about an inch. He's now just about 40 inches but I'm still hoping he grows a little more before the end of October so that he is safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter