?

I would be looking for a young minister to perform an unofficial ceremony.

Tia

9-16
Yes they will object, if you try to do it without their advance knowledge and approval (which will require you to buy a package).

It's funny, there was just a thread where the poster asked this very question about the cruise ships. The answer was the same, though.

Disney makes a lot of money from weddings, and doesn't allow ones they don't control to occur on their property.

Yes they will object, if you try to do it without their advance knowledge and approval (which will require you to buy a package).

It's funny, there was just a thread where the poster asked this very question about the cruise ships. The answer was the same, though.

Disney makes a lot of money from weddings, and doesn't allow ones they don't control to occur on their property.

I saw the cruise line thread (admittedly did not follow it through to the end) and thought the same thing- Disney makes money on the events (including weddings, vow renewals, conferences) that are booked there and they’re not about to pass that up. To add to that, part of why they can charge what they charge for any event package is that it’s unique. Demand drives price and if they start allowing everyone to have a wedding or other event on property for free, it dilutes what others are willing to pay.

Also, out of curiosity in this case- what would a person do if they scheduled their own event on the beach (without planning through Disney) only to show up and find out that someone else has booked it (for an event/ wedding/ photo session, or maybe it’s “yoga on the beach” day or whatever activity the resort has planned)?

I've read about people getting kicked off property for having a simple wedding ceremony without going through a paid package. What an awful memory of a wedding :( If you are dead set on doing it, I would play it safe and have it in your hotel room....or on the balcony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!