35% Discount?

Duck143

DIS Veteran
Has anyone gotten any emails regarding a 35% off discount for rebooked reservations? We have rebooked 3 times and lost all our discounts.

Has anyone gotten any emails regarding a 35% off discount for rebooked reservations? We have rebooked 3 times and lost all our discounts.
The 35% off is being applied to the room portion of those whose Free Dining promos were cancelled and are still going July 2020 onward. Basically, they took off the free dining plans and left the current room and tickets at rack rate. As a consolation prize, gave 35% off the room cost on the *current* reservation. We have not yet heard if it can be changed to a future booking. For the moment it is for the current reservations.

Did you book free dining? Do you have a current reservation arriving July 11 - December 2020? If so, they should automatically take out your dining plan from your reservation and apply the 35% off the room.

We were offered the free dining because we had to cancel May and we booked a June trip. At the time, we are AP's and already had tickets, so we stuck with the RO discount we had. Now we're out our May and June trips and lost all our discounts. I called to see if they would apply the 35% since we lost all our discount offers and I was told they cannot modify any existing reservations and I should call back.

We were offered the free dining because we had to cancel May and we booked a June trip. At the time, we are AP's and already had tickets, so we stuck with the RO discount we had. Now we're out our May and June trips and lost all our discounts. I called to see if they would apply the 35% since we lost all our discount offers and I was told they cannot modify any existing reservations and I should call back.
Same here. Two trips cancelled using the Disney Visa discount on the first one, AP on the second. They refused to honor our previous discount and I was told we do not qualify for the 35% off. This was before they locked the reservation system. Unless they change the policy, you won’t get any discount at all.

Same here. Two trips cancelled using the Disney Visa discount on the first one, AP on the second. They refused to honor our previous discount and I was told we do not qualify for the 35% off. This was before they locked the reservation system. Unless they change the policy, you won’t get any discount at all.
I'm sorry. I was pretty disappointed on how they handled the rest of us that lost all our discounts and haven't cancelled upcoming trips. I'm holding out hope that we will get some sort of a new discount. The CM on the phone last night told me to call back in a few weeks and see if there are any offers and if there aren't, we should request the 35% that others received.

We are booked with free dining for late August - booked through Dreams, and we made the booking back in January. I am still waiting to hear. I did receive the email from Disney about the cancellation and a generic email from our Dreams agent, but no mention from either on the re-booking discount.

I am really curious to find out how this will work. We are booked at POP for 2 adults, 2 kids. Free dining is worth $960 US. Rack rate we paid $1200, so 35% off of our room only is only about $500. When we booked, we could have had the 20-25% Fun and Sun room deal, and could have had 20% off tickets with the Canadian ticket deal. Of course we crunched the numbers and worked out even if we booked the room discount and discount tickets, going with FD would save us about $500 more and would also be way more fun to be 'all inclusive'. We also upgraded the hoppers to include the waterparks, and were also upgrading our QS DP to become DDP.

I'm just waiting as patiently as I can for my Dreams agent to reply to my email - I don't envy the job they have to do right now!

We have a AP discount for July 3-10. I am also hoping they will give a discount when we are allowed to rebook. If the only rooms available are DVC, there is no way I can afford to pay rack rates and have a park that only offers part of the experience.

I am unhappy with the 35,% offer. We are at all star movies. We had free dining for 4, worth about $220 per night. They are giving us in return now a discount work about $60. This doesn't compute to me. I have had my reservation since August 2019.

t

yep no discounts. I do not anticipate one either. Focusing on moving all reservations from 3 resort categories to 1 resort categories. No room for new reservations and not going to give RO impacted reservations a deal because they don't have to for occupancy reasons and they likely want some people to cancel.

I have never been so angry with Disney. April deluxe AP RO and June deluxe bounce back RO both impacted and absolutely nothing offered. I called in April and was told only rack rates available for the AP reservation. I called a 1.5 weeks ago about the bounce back and was told again that nothing was available. Either rack rate or find an eligible bounce back slot from very few left.

Called Saturday evening and asked for the 35% off. Was told nothing for RO reservations. If I had switched to free dining and due to disney canceling that option, I would be getting 35% off. AND, complete flexibility with our dates the remainder of the year.

I asked if value and moderates that are FD are getting 35% and free upgrade and she said yes.

Why would I ever stay on property (this) or even go again (extension of AP has me miffed as well). I am stunned. I am going to write guest services not that it will matter.

t

yep no discounts. I do not anticipate one either. Focusing on moving all reservations from 3 resort categories to 1 resort categories. No room for new reservations and not going to give RO impacted reservations a deal because they don't have to for occupancy reasons and they likely want some people to cancel.

I have never been so angry with Disney. April deluxe AP RO and June deluxe bounce back RO both impacted and absolutely nothing offered. I called in April and was told only rack rates available for the AP reservation. I called a 1.5 weeks ago about the bounce back and was told again that nothing was available. Either rack rate or find an eligible bounce back slot from very few left.

Called Saturday evening and asked for the 35% off. Was told nothing for RO reservations. If I had switched to free dining and due to disney canceling that option, I would be getting 35% off. AND, complete flexibility with our dates the remainder of the year.

I asked if value and moderates that are FD are getting 35% and free upgrade and she said yes.

Why would I ever stay on property (this) or even go again (extension of AP has me miffed as well). I am stunned. I am going to write guest services not that it will matter.

What do you mean by values and moderates getting free upgrade? I hadn't heard that. Upgrade to what?

What do you mean by values and moderates getting free upgrade? I hadn't heard that. Upgrade to what?
if no date change for their reservations, since their resorts are not yet open they are getting upgraded to dvc.

It is only for those with reservations from June 22nd to July 4th check in.

Guests who still want to come, even with parks closed, will be moved to DVC or Ft Wilderness for no extra charge, However, guests have no choice where.

If a guest wants to change dates, then they can rebook starting July 11th to end of year, at one of the DVCs or Ft Wilderness but will pay full price.

Can someone help me out? I had a bounceback booked for a trip starting 9/2. Obviously they’ve cancelled FD, can anyone help me figure out how to calculate the room price + tickets (we had 8 Day Park Hopper’s for 3 ppl) I know ppl are saying its 35% of room price w. no ticket discounts. Would it be cheaper to switch to a room only (if they’ll let me) & buy tix from a 3rd party? I don’t know if I’ll be able to do that because I paid for travel insurance? We’re booked in a 2bdrm in SSR 9/2-9/10. Thank u!

Ha ha discounts , not the Disney Way apparently.
My deluxe upgrade from POP with cast friends& family rate was not transferable but they will
“ upgrade” me to OKW Studio . Every other location was $500 or more per night plus tax& fee!

OKW might be considered better than POP except traveling with 2 grandchildren . POP is better suited for families in comparison to remote amenities at OKW.

Goodbye Disney for 4th of July week and
Hello Margaritaville Resort with the new and modern and clean H2OLive WaterPark. Look for discounts online at Sunset Walk also. Near to AK location but good luck getting your appointment to enter theme parks, etc. Sorry Disney, I still love you but I don’t

I'm confused about the 35% discount. I was booked for May, rescheduled with FD for September. I did receive a discount, but it amounted to about 15%, probably because we're staying at a value, ASMo. I might be reading things wrong, but it sounds like some people who are in a value did get the 35% off??

I'm confused about the 35% discount. I was booked for May, rescheduled with FD for September. I did receive a discount, but it amounted to about 15%, probably because we're staying at a value, ASMo. I might be reading things wrong, but it sounds like some people who are in a value did get the 35% off??

After removing the dining from your package, they should have discounted the room portion of the remaining room/ticket package by 35%. There is no discount on the ticket portion of the package.

After removing the dining from your package, they should have discounted the room portion of the remaining room/ticket package by 35%. There is no discount on the ticket portion of the package.
Oh, ok. That must be why the package was not 35% less of the total cost. Makes sense. Thank you!

I got my 35% discount and I'm well happy. The only fly in the ointment is that I'm in the UK and I may not be able to fly to the US for my bargain reservation

I got my 35% discount and I'm well happy. The only fly in the ointment is that I'm in the UK and I may not be able to fly to the US for my bargain reservation
Are you able to buy travel insurance? I am flying from Canada (Aug 28th) and whilst airlines are still flying back and forth, we currently can’t buy insurance yet.

Are you able to buy travel insurance? I am flying from Canada (Aug 28th) and whilst airlines are still flying back and forth, we currently can’t buy insurance yet.
I currently have a multi trip policy which is due for renewal at the end of August. I'm going to contact my insurer this week to check for any possible problems for when I renew.
I'm surprised you can't buy any yet as my insurer recommended buying insurance as soon as you book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!