30th birthday fun!

sahbushka

DIS Veteran
So, I just got back from my trip to disneyland with my friend who's turning 30 and her friend who is 29...I'm 27. The three of us girls had a great time! The weather was beautiful!
Our first day there was thursday the 27th. It was a bit cloudy and in the upper 60's but the crowds were non existant! We walked on to every ride with little to no wait...the longest line of the day was 20 minutes to get my ice cream at Gibson Girls!...well worth it, though! We ploughed through the day and had done most of the rides that we really wanted to ride by early afternoon so we went and spent some time over at DCA which was great as we were able to get on Soarin' and HTH and Grizzly with hardly any waits. We also saw Aladdin which was wonderful! BTW I am Jane according to the Beasts Library at Animation! We then went back to DL and rode some of our favorite rides in the dark and then watched the parade which I really enjoyed. The bungee jumping was inspired! We took the sweeper train around the park from mainstreet and back! That was really fun. I love seeing the park all lit up and by that time hardly anyone was left in the park. What a great ending to the day! Oh, yeah, LOVED Buzz Lightyear ride! What a....BLAST! Ha Ha! Space was fun...it felt like it wasn't all that fast at the beginning but about half way through it really picked up and I enjoyed it!
More in this thread later.
Sarah

Sarah, it sounds like a great day. I found it funny that the ice cream line was the longest you encountered all day.

I found that amusing too. We had such a lucky trip there as well. We were supposed to fly on a connecting flight on United on Wednesday around 5pm. When we got there it said our flight was delayed an hour which would have made us miss our connecting flight. We went to the counter and they went ahead and put us on a non stop flight on alaska that was leaving at 430! Instead of getting to anaheim at 10pm we got there at 700pm! We then went to get our car and when we got out there they didn't have any compacts left so they upgraded us to an intermediate. Then when we got to our room at the Paradise Pier hotel, our bathroom was flooded. they came up and fixed it and dissinfected it and told us not to use it for a little while. We went back in an hour later and there was more water so we were moved...to a park view room! All these things that could have been so bad turned out so well! and we hadn't even gotten to the park yet! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter