30th Anniversary Gift Question (for my parents)

figmentfan814

DIS Veteran
Okay, ladies this isn't for me exactly and it's a little off topic. I'm actually trying to decide on a 30th anniversary gift for my parents. Their anniversary is coming up on November 10 and the plan had been for them to renew their vows.

Because of the amount of help they gave Kris and I for our DFTW in March that VR is now out of the budget. We had a party for their 25th and they had decided to push the VR to the 30th. Now, that the VR isn't happening I'm trying to think of a unique gift to commemorate the day.

The traditional gift for 30th is something pearl and the modern is diamond. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to come up with something that they'll both enjoy. I'm actually having my mom's wedding gown perserved with mine next month since it's been hanging in her closet for 30 years, but I want to do something that will be special for both of them.

Any ideas/suggestions are greatly welcomed. Thanks ladies!

What if you make a "then and now" book for them.
I just made ones for my parents 30th two years ago, and they loved it!

I had pictures of them in high school together, all the way to today!

What if you make a "then and now" book for them.
I just made ones for my parents 30th two years ago, and they loved it!

I had pictures of them in high school together, all the way to today!

That's what I'm doing for DF's parents 40th anniversary. I "broke" into their house (through a garage door) and stole the photo albums. Some of the pictures are kind of funny and they're all cute!

Thanks ladies, that's a great idea! We are really into scrapbooking too, so it shouldn't be too hard to put together. The best part is that I'll be house sitting for them soon, so I won't have to worry about sneaking out the photos :goodvibes

I have a love/hate relationship with scrapbooking!

I'm pretty sick of it right now. So I actually made my parents a book on shutterfly,
They loved it esp. because they didn't know that you could do stuff like that!!

That is a good idea especially if I end up being pressed for time. I made a book with our wedding week activities on Shutterfly not too long ago. I think I might have some coupon codes for them right now too.

I just dread the thought of scanning all the old pictures :faint: Although, my mom and I were able to get 5 scrapbook albums done for my at-home reception in a period of about 4 weeks. I guess maybe we work well under pressure.

Oh, the decisions :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter