3000 miles, 3 kids, and too many photos to count! FINAL UPDATE 7/11

I know I'm a couple years late reading this report but I just wanted to comment that if you like red rocks, you should visit Sedona in Arizona. Don't come in the summer though. The perfect time is around October. VERY beautiful scenery!

Thanks for reading and thanks for the suggestion! I've heard so much about Sedona that I'm actually considering it next time we head west. We have only ever done the big westward driving trips in the summer when the kids are out of school, but as they get older and head off to college we might consider the fall. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Thanks for reading and thanks for the suggestion! I've heard so much about Sedona that I'm actually considering it next time we head west. We have only ever done the big westward driving trips in the summer when the kids are out of school, but as they get older and head off to college we might consider the fall. Thanks for the suggestion! :)
Did you ever make it to Sedona? It is beautiful! We visited on one of our 7 cross country trips!

Did you ever make it to Sedona? It is beautiful! We visited on one of our 7 cross country trips!

We probably should get there some time, but have not yet. We're actually heading to the southwest again soon, but it's going to be a very quick trip so no Sedona again. Everyone keeps saying we need to see it though, and I'm sure we'll be back again.

We're mostly just going this time to get in the car and go somewhere. And I we really just saw a tiny bit of Canyonlands in 2010, so I want to explore it some more.

Tell me you didn't drive there all the way from New Jersey?

I couldn't say that! We drove all the way cross country 4 times! The other 3 were mainly to the mountain states and back! It is so much fun. The last trip was to allow us to take a 14 day cruise to Alaska. My husband wanted to drive there but much too many miles and cost! I found a 14 day cruise for about 600 pp so we did it! No Disney that trip. Anyway, 2 of the cross country trips did involve DL back in the 80s

I couldn't say that! We drove all the way cross country 4 times! The other 3 were mainly to the mountain states and back! It is so much fun. The last trip was to allow us to take a 14 day cruise to Alaska. My husband wanted to drive there but much too many miles and cost! I found a 14 day cruise for about 600 pp so we did it! No Disney that trip. Anyway, 2 of the cross country trips did involve DL back in the 80s

Still....... I bow to your greatness! :worship: That's a lot of ground to cover. We've done cross country trips 7 times as well. But all 7 times we started from the middle of the country, drove to the coast, then back.

Isn't it great though to get out and see the USA? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter