$30 Legoland tickets--is this for real???

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by LibrarianBecky, Jun 14, 2015.

1. ninafeliz

ninafeliz DIS Veteran

Are you staying at the Legoland Hotel? My 2 older kids are dying to do that, we might have to break from Disney and do 2 nights there in one of our next trips. If I wait too long the oldest will get to old to care about Legoland, it’s nicw to still see him excited about it.

2. ninafeliz

ninafeliz DIS Veteran

Ok, I was dying of curiosity so I just checked on my phone and I did previouy accidentally price out the tickets that include the water park. So it is $217 for 2 people. I’m very glad to be wrong! They don’t give you the pre-purchase discount that takes the tickets to $85, but it’s much better than when I thought they actually raised the price on the tickets. I feel like I owe Legoland and apology or something lol! That’s the second thing today on these boards I’ve gotten worked up about that turned out to be nothing - I need to chill and lurk or something :worried:!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tarak

tarak DIS Veteran

I have a reservation for the legoland hotel, but I can cancel it since I paid the change fee and stay at a nearby Marriott on points. On the other hand, the legoland hotel will be more fun than a generic Marriott.

5. ninafeliz

ninafeliz DIS Veteran

I think staying at the LegoLand hotel would be a lot of fun, if you can swing it I would keep it! I looked just for fun last year since we already had our Disney resorts all booked when we went to legoland and the only rooms they had left were over $1000 a night. I presume they price yield and were almost full, but holy cow :eek:. I didn't check this year.

6. ClapYourHands

ClapYourHands DIS Veteran

Keep the Legoland hotel! It looks like so much fun! If you stay there, you can literally walk to the park, so it's easy to run back to your room. It saves you the parking fee at the park, and gets you in an hour early (definitely a plus since no free FP for Legoland). Plus, breakfast is included, saving on the cost of food for the trip.

Additionally, there are a bunch of fun activities for hotel guests at night. The theme park closes fairly early, so if you stay at the hotel, you'll have a bunch of cool Lego activities to stay busy at night.

Save your Marriott points - they can be used anywhere.

7. ClapYourHands

ClapYourHands DIS Veteran

So, just to walk people through the process of BOGO tickets:

Go to the website and try to check out with a one-day ticket on the day you want. It will default to the "saver" ticket price, which for my date was something like $84 or $87. This won't be the price you pay.

Look up at the tabs and click on "promotions." Enter the code 189900; this is the Honest Kids BOGO number. The website will redirect you to a different single day tickets page (that isn't apparent when you just to to the website), which should then show one-day tickets for $99.99. Enter the number of adult tickets you want, and a child companion ticket will automatically be added to your cart for each adult ticket.

With taxes, that works out to $217 for two adults and two children.

grumpy28 likes this.
  8. BostonEd

BostonEd I'd rather be skiing.

When I went in April 2018, I did some sort of promo. Not sure if it was BOGO or half off or what. But the total for a family of four (2 adults 2 kids) was $204. Very close to the price now of $217. I thought $51pp was a fair price for the park. And now there's even more stuff, so $54.25 still seems fair.

No, that is not as good as $40, to be sure. But I remember the reason I went ahead and did the BOGO price instead of the PTA thing was simply because I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of the PTA ticket. Don't you have to pick your exact date? I didn't want to do that either. So there's some value right there.

9. ninafeliz

ninafeliz DIS Veteran

Yes, you did have to pick your day which was a bit of an annoyance. We did know our day, but I was concerned about weather. We had to wait to buy them until I at least had a preliminary forecast that the day wouldn't be a washout. I was also a little apprehensive about the PTA thing, but so many people had done it I took the chance and it worked. So this time I was feeling fine about it, not worried about that, and it's gone. I had thought we would still have to pick our days, thank you for pointing out that we don't! I hadn't noticed that when I went through and priced them. That is one nice benefit of having to pay a little more :-) I can live with $217, maybe I should buy them now before they go up again haha!

10. tarak

tarak DIS Veteran

Very good points. The hotel does look very cool and my kids will enjoy all the activities.

11. HeightRequirement

HeightRequirement Earning My Ears

Thanks so much. This will help save a lot of money for us.

12. kandb

kandb DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info.

grumpy28 likes this.