3 trips in 40 days: Supercalifragilistic Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare! [4/21/13]

Joining in!

welcome!!! :wave2:

I think 44% accuracy is good!! I don't think I got that!!

I totally forgot that Emme was blowing kisses to Woody. That was adorable!!

emme's first disney movie ever was toy story 2 when she was 9 months old. she was fascinated by it & still is. she prefers 2 over 1 & 3.

she loves woody!!

i think you beat me in overall score though. it was hard to play while emme was shooting the sky. i was trying to help her out as much as i could.

this is fun doing trip reports for the same trip. i'm totally excited to see your pictures!

Your daughter is super cute!

Awesome that there was no wait for Toy Story! I love that ride but the waits can be horrendous. 44% accuracy is actually amazing and probably the highest I have seen in TR's!

thank you so much!

i figured out of 100%, 44% was on the lower side. but i guess i will hold my head up high now. :laughing:

last april, as we were waiting inside, they were having mechanical issues. we were so close and at mr. potato head that we stuck it out & waited for them to fix it. i'm glad we waited as we haven't been on it since. i love that ride. it's so super fun!

thanks for reading along!

8e2062f0-33cf-46b8-8438-f8ef7b1355d6_zpsf6d23eb5.jpg

Oh I don't know where to start!

The suite at Bonnet Creek is amazing! And by the looks of it so was the Korean food :thumbsup2

The Royal Rooms at Port Orleans look really great as well, you certainly stay at some wonderful places

One photo out of all your awesome shots really stood out to me .... The close up of Minnie's hands signing Emme's autograph book, such a simple shot but I love it :goodvibes

Oh I don't know where to start!

The suite at Bonnet Creek is amazing! And by the looks of it so was the Korean food :thumbsup2

The Royal Rooms at Port Orleans look really great as well, you certainly stay at some wonderful places

One photo out of all your awesome shots really stood out to me .... The close up of Minnie's hands signing Emme's autograph book, such a simple shot but I love it :goodvibes

i got such a "suite" deal on that "suite". :rotfl:

the royal guest room was the first moderate that i've ever stayed in. i've only stayed at values or off site as we're never in the room very much. but having rachel there really kept the costs down & made it affordable because disney room costs are ridiculous.

however, i think riverside had the absolute worst bus service to and from magic kingdom. we always had the longest lines of people to get on the bus & then only one bus would pull in. it was so frustrating at times.

but other then that, i really loved the hotel. it was amaaazing!

and emme accidentally stabbed minnie with the sharpie. she was trying to hand minnie the sharpie but marked her hand. :hyper:

thanks for reading along!! :wizard:

updated 4/21/13

after a successful night at DHS the night before, i slept quite well. i was pretty tired from working the day before, then driving, & hitting the park. i felt pretty rested but was feeling extremely lazy.

in my real life, i am like to be early for my appointments. but when i'm at disney, despite making my best efforts to be on time, i'm a wee bit late. and now we were at the mercy of the bus to magic kingdom to get us there on time.

IMG_1693-3_zps83c193d6.jpg

emme said she was hungry so i fixed her some cheerios & milk. the television was playing old disney cartoons so emme was entertained as we were getting ready.

finally, we headed towards the bus station.

port orleans riverside was beautifully laid out. we were so close to everything. the walk to the bus was less than 5 minutes. there was this bridge that we always had to cross. i loved that bridge. it was so quaint & cute.

IMG_3773-2_zps2ffc9a44.jpg

can i just say how awesome rachel was with emme? it's normally just me & emme on these trips & after reflecting back on our trips, i have no idea how i managed to do these trips alone especially with a jogging stroller. rachel was such a HUGE help & i got to enjoy disney differently this time because of all her help with emme.

IMG_3774-2_zps3df99d11.jpg

the magic kindgom bus stop was always a total hot mess. there is a whole bunch of people trying to get on & only one bus shows up. we never got an actual seat on our way to magic kingdom. it was rough at times especially with the jogging stroller.

IMG_3778-2-2_zps6b07ba0b.jpg

emme & i patiently waiting for the bus to get here.

we finally made it onto the bus & we had to stand. emme did not know where to hold or what to do. she finally found the pole and anchored on.

IMG_3777-2_zps0f238f26.jpg

we arrived at magic kindgom & decided to take the boat to the grand floridian.

IMG_3784-2_zps5b4fff9c.jpg

so windy but so awesome!

IMG_3785-2_zps529ba8d7.jpg

IMG_3786-2_zps91239596.jpg

narcoosees.

the boat reached the grand floridian. everyone else on our boat was heading to the polynesian. and of course we were sitting on the most inconvenient side to exit.

IMG_1695-3_zps2dbf75bd.jpg

as i took this picture, i realized that my lens was having some issues. as i was packing for our trip, emme didn't realize my camera was on the bed. while she jumped, she kicked my camera off the bed. :faint:

my lens was really struggling & there were some parts lose inside as well. i'm glad i brought my 50mm lens as well or i would have been camera-less for the duration of the trip. i will be upgrading my camera next year so i guess everything happens for a reason??

IMG_1696-3_zps2f4f6ad3.jpg

the grand floridian

IMG_1701-3_zpsa02eafb3.jpg

IMG_1700-3_zps83d64ea4.jpg

i loved this pineapple fountain. i wish i could take it home and put it in my yard.

the grand floridian was landscaped so beautifully. there were flowers everywhere. it was very lovely.

IMG_1698-3_zps4f3c5cd0.jpg

i stood there for a solid 30 seconds trying to get my lens to focus. i then realized that i'm going to have to shoot everything in manual mode. so much for vacation! i'm going to have to work for these pictures. :upsidedow

IMG_1702-3_zpse475eca9.jpg

we made it inside & i saw this:

IMG_1703-3_zpsb3608e52.jpg

giant bird cage??

we checked in for our ADR. i was starving & looking foward to this breakfast as i have never eaten here for breakfast. emme was also saying how hungry she was as well. i also had a date with a bloody mary.

IMG_3787-2_zps9cb26e20.jpg

IMG_1704-3_zps25c08f78.jpg

up next, BREAKFAST @ 1900 Park Fare

updated 4/21/13

Supercalifragilistic Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare

IMG_1707-3_zpsf6964a13.jpg

i woke up pretty excited for the day. i couldn't believe i was hungry but alas, i was. after getting everyone ready, we headed for the bus.

after taking the overcrowded bus to magic kingdom, we decided to take the resort ferry to the grand floridian.

IMG_1695-3_zps2dbf75bd.jpg

the very important jogging stroller essential for our trips to disney.

we made our way inside & checked into our ressie. we were late (i blame the bus) but we were seated in about 15-20 minutes.

IMG_3787-2_zps9cb26e20.jpg

rachel & i discussed this breakfast option at length. i was still in sticker shock over my $134.00 breakfast @ akershus with my parents. $134 for cheesy potatoes. we had akershus originally planned but i was still slightly bitter. rachel told me that 1900 park fare had decent bacon AND cheesy potatoes.

i thought it was a WIN WIN especially since we had never eaten here before. this was a vacation of firsts for all of us so 1900 park fare was the perfect choice.

IMG_1705-3_zpsfc66f4a6.jpg

i had been to 1900 park fare for dinner before. emme was a bit of a grump during that dinner as she was starting to get sick from all the wind that superstorm sandy had brought. i do remember that table having a whole bunch of stuff on it making it hard to manuever anything extra on the table. the extra things being camera & iphone.

IMG_3792-2_zpse0fb56f4.jpg

it was nice to have a pot of coffee awaiting us. i'm glad that was there because our server took about 10 minutes to finally greet us. emme kept repeating she was "hungry" & i didn't want to be rude & head to the buffet without being greeted. the last time i did that at akershus for lunch, the CM was really rude & brash after i helped myself to the buffet before he greeted us (which took about 20 minutes after being seated).

our server brought asked if we would like some of the yummy juice.

IMG_1713-2_zps83756410.jpg

why yes. yes i would like some of the yummy POG juice.

speaking of drinks, i asked for an adult beverage menu. it's never too early for a bloody mary, right? it's totally healthy.

IMG_3794-2_zpse771cede.jpg

IMG_3795-2_zpsaeefa5eb.jpg

IMG_3796-2_zps499afafc.jpg

the bloody mary was a vast improvement over the semi-warm beer i had at hollywood brown derby the night prior. it wasn't too spicy (which i was grateful for as tomatoes are quite acidic) & the olives were yummy. i was a happy camper.

IMG_1727-3_zpsff73a96b.jpg

IMG_3823-2_zps112b57c7.jpg

check out the frizz already happening to my hair. it was super humid this day.

here is emme's plate of food:

IMG_1719-3_zps46ec6f29.jpg

IMG_1716-3_zps3e5849d3.jpg

she LOVED the blueberry yogurt & the muffin. the muffin was a nice size. we call muffins "cupcakes" so let me say again that she loved her "cupcake".

here is my first plate:

IMG_1722-3_zps1c4273f6.jpg

Lobster Eggs Benedict, Carved Ham, Smoked Salmon w/ capers & red onions & Cheesy Potatoes

IMG_1724-3_zps84cd6dae.jpg

nothing says sexy like a runny yolk & hollandaise sauce.

IMG_1726-3_zpsddce48af.jpg

the lobster eggs benedict were made with biscuits here. is this a 1900 park fare thing or were they just improvising? i didn't see much lobster in the sauce but the egg oozed perfectly. the biscuit sopped up the yolk well but i missed the crunchy texture of the english muffin.

the smoked salmon was really fresh & tasty. i love me some smoked salmon with capers. i also love red onions & despite having massive red onion breath afterwards, it was delicious.

to my disappointment, the cheesy potatoes were really dry. i was so sad. i think rachel felt immediate guilt for the dry cheesy potatoes & the puny disney bacon as she had talked it up so much. i almost regretted not being @ akershus for the cheesy potatoes but that regret disappeared when i remembered that 1900 park fare was 1/2 the price. cheesy potatoes, we shall meet again.

some of emme's friends made a visit to our table:

IMG_1735-3_zps07f2bb03.jpg

emme's [kinda]looking at the camera!

IMG_1745-3_zps4fed01b3.jpg

she had no idea who mary poppins was but she's looking at the camera. i'll take it.

IMG_3862-2_zps8d43fb4a.jpg

we love the mad hatter! we met him for the first time at MNSSHP last year. he was so funny & it was by far the best character interaction of the meal. you like how we were photobombed?!

oh yeah, back to the food:

IMG_1751-3_zps005927cb.jpg

there was an omelette station as well. the ingredients were very fresh but the omelette was over cooked. it was a waste of fresh eggs. i like to take advantage of real eggs whenever i see them at disney. the powdered scrambled eggs kind of gross me out. i did eat the inside of the omelette.

anyone a fan of jacques pepin?? i adore that man. he's awesome. i stumbled upon his omelette recipe a few years ago. this is my favorite way to make an omelette. it is so creamy & delicious. you can see a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57afEWn-QDg

more eggs benedict on my plate. yummy!

tigger came over for a second meet & greet.

IMG_3849-2_zps6fbd0cf5.jpg

he wanted rachel's attention and was covering her phone. she took a picture & said she would instagram him. so cute!

IMG_3851-2_zpsb9f7228e.jpg

i took a self portrait with tigger.

character meet & greets are tough on me. i'm so busy trying to get a picture that i don't really get to enjoy me food. but from what i ate, i did enjoy the meal at 1900 park fare. it was a great price & a great start to our day. our server was pretty good (minus the long wait) & i loved the bloody mary. we used my TIW card for the meal.

emme was full & happy. i still longed for some cheesy potatoes after this meal but maybe it was the universe's way of telling me i really didn't need all those carbs.

i'm glad i got to finally try 1900 park fare for breakfast!

that photobomber picture makes me laugh every time i see it.

I adore that pic of her in black and white eating the yogurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!