3 Roommates, 2 Birthdays and 1 first timer - November 2010

RobinHoodGirl

Which way to Sherwood Forest?
This is my first Pre-Trip report so please bear with me.

The Background

2009 was not a great year for me and my roommates... I unfortunately I lost my mom to brain cancer earlier in the year (18 months after losing my dad to cancer as well). While I was closing up my mom house my roommate had to deal with her brother un-expectingly going into the hospital and passing away. We both vowed 2010 would be a much better year.

Now my family has a tradition of going on vacation after someone passes away in order to relax and try to get back to normal. Since we both lost someone close to us I suggested we take a vacation together. Offhandedly I mentioned Disney, she said okay and now here we are...

The Players

Me -
19169_953167243129_8813388_52031979.jpg

27 year old Disney planner. I've been to Disney 5 times in 22 years. This trip is an adventure for many reasons. This is my first time planning a Disney Vacation. This will be my first time staying in a Value resort. My 28th Birthday will be celebrated down there. First time going to MVMCP and first time at the Epcot Wine and Food Festival.

Fav Disney Movie - Robin Hood

Roommate the 1st (here-by known as DR1) -
n626355845_1842043_3528.jpg

This is her 1st EVER trip to WDW!!!! She's the one who lost her brother and my partner in crime for planning.

Fav Disney Movie - The Little Mermaid

Roommate the 2nd (here-by known DR2) - Cannot find a photo of him... He doesn't really like having his photo taken

The other person on this trip "celebrating" a birthday. While mine falls during the actually trip, his is 4 days before we leave. He's still getting a button though. He's more or less being told what we're doing since he's not to big into planning. However we are making sure he's getting to do what he enjoys too.

Fav Disney Movie - 101 Dalmatians

The Plan

We'll be staying at the POP Century from November 10th to the 16th. We've opted for the DxDP since I am a Disney Foodie and don't want DR1 (and well myself) to be limited. I've done the DDP once and while it worked for that trip, I wanted to try DxDP at least once.

Nov 10th - The plan is Hotel Hopping for DR1 to see the other resorts. Dinner is planned for the Grand Floridan Cafe
Nov 11th - Animal Kingdom day! Breakfast at Tuskar House, Lunch at Yak and Yeti... and MVMCP at night!
Nov 12th - Epcot day and my birthday!!!! :woohoo: All we know is Dinner at Le Celler (YUMMY!!!)
Nov 13th - Magic Kingdom Day. We're thinking breakfast at the Main Street Cafe and Lunch at Tony's but not sure yet. Since this is a night EMH night till 1am we're thinking Dinner at one of the nearby hotels.
Nov 14th - Disney Hollywood Studio's Day. All I know is a meal at the Prime Time Cafe will happen.
Nov 15th - Our last day :( I know we're doing breakfast at Kona Cafe but not sure what else... May end up back at Epcot or Magic Kingdom

So that's our trip in a quick nutshell...

Up Next - Official Meal Reservations start & Deposit is made

Official deposit was made today. In 10 days our ADR's can be made. Here's what we have currently for times:

Nov 10 -
Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner around 6:30pm

Nov 11 -
Tusker House Breakfast around 9:30-10am :-)bday: Birthday Breakfast for RM2)
Yak & Yeti Lunch around 2pm

Nov 12 -
Dinner at Le Celler around 6pm :-)bday: my Birthday Dinner)

Nov 13 -
This one is still up in the air... If we don't do lunch at Tony's it'll be Dinner (around 7pm since it's EMH that night at Magic Kingdom)
If Tony's is Dinner Lunch will be a local resort... maybe Whispering Canyon Cafe

Nov 14 -

50's Prime Time Cafe (may be lunch since Fantasmic is that night)... May have a late lunch at a near by resort

Nov 15 -

Kona Cafe Breakfast 9am :-)bday: belate Birthday Breakfast for me)
Maybe Dinner at Teppan Edo around 6pm

I owe RM2 another Birthday dinner. Thinking I'm making him pick dinner on the 15th. I would like RM1 to pick a place but since she's helping with a lot of the planning she picked Tusker House for her boyfriend/RM2 birthday and is excited just to go. I'm thinking 50's Prime Time is her pick since she did ask about that one specifically.

I did mention I feel bad about making a lot of the decisions (where to stay, even though I've never been to POP, where to eat, ect...) for this since it's not my vacation it's our vacation. RM2 I think could care less and RM1 said she doesn't mind since she knows nothing of WDW, besides what I've told her and she seen on TV.

I think the trade off will be she get's to pick the direction and rides we go on once we actually get there :)

ADR's are less than 48 hours away!

Tonight is planning when to eat with RM1. November 13 & 14 are two days we really need to pin down since those are very up in the air.

We also need to get our tickets for MVMCP for November 11th. None of us had been (when I went to WDW as a child the MVMCP started later in the year so we missed it). One thing we're also really excited for is we also get to enjoy the Epcot Wine and Food! The two events we though would be cool to attend overlap! :woohoo:

We've hit the 6 months out mark and seems a lot still need to be done... then I guess it's time to hurry up and wait.

ADRs have been made :cheer2:

We're all happy with what we got, even though we weren't able to get one reservation. Here's what we have so fat -

11/10
Grand Floridian Cafe - 6:30pm

Not eaten here before but excited to try it. We selected this restaurant since we're planning on hotel hoping this day.

11/11
Tusker House - 9am

This a birthday breakfast for RM2. RM1 thought this should be his birthday breakfast since he liked Donald Duck. I did tell RM2 that this is a birthday breakfast for him.

Yak and Yeit - 2:30pm

Again another place I've yet to eat and since Tusker house is in the AM we didn't think eating there again a few hours later would be a good idea

11/12 (my birthday!)
Le Cellier - 6:40pm

I would have taken any time they gave me. I can't wait to eat here again!

11/13
Tony's Town Square - 1pm

We liked the idea it's themed after Lady and the Tramp and heard Lunch was better than Dinner.

'Ohana - 6:10pm

Since MK has EMH that night we're going to take a break from the park for food. Also RM1 and I was to try the pineapple drink (name escapes me at the moment) Also has the lady who helped make the ADR's mark that this was RM1 first trip...

11/14
50's Prime Time Cafe - 12:55pm

Love this place! And RM1 is also excited. Again had them note that this was RM1 first trip

11/15
Kona - 8:30am

My Birthday breakfast (3 days after the fact lol). I want to try Tonga Toast so badly!

Rose & Crown - 1:30pm

Always wanted to try this place and happy we're getting to!

Now we also wanted Mama Melroes for the 15th but there was nothing available. Since it wasn't a place we were dying to eat we're not too disappointed.

I would like to add another meal or two, but we still got 179 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter